How we do beat Liverpool?

Paul_Scholes18

We need to get past the pressing they do. Then try to exploit the fullbacks with pace. Hard work when we defend and not allowing too many crosses against us. Rather let them have the ball in midfield.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
"Whichever team scores more goals usually wins"....thank God Owen's not commentating today :lol:

FattyFooty

I wish we had Fellaini for this one. Him and Maguire could might hurt em on set pieces.

That said, i wish we could get more out of our set pieces lately. Maguire wins almost every 1st ball. Then we miss second.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
What we can't do is lump it towards the middle - VDV will make our forwards look like children if we do that.

Best bet would be to start really conservative, force them out through their high-energy period, then look for something after 35 minutes or so. Pool also struggle against deep-lying defenses. And our back 4, if fit, should be decent at preventing much happening.

The challenge is that our midfield and forwards are too sloppy, and that's what Pool absolutely love. We'll gift possession, and that'll be that.

Mourinho-ball is the best bet against em, use the channels behind the fullbacks and hope James/Rashford can run real quick and do something.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Same way we thrashed Chelsea 4-0, I suppose. By being completely inferior.

Fts 74

Wow.
This thread its like Liverpool are the greatest team ever.
Am I really on a utd forum?

Bulldog United

Keep it 0-0 for as long as possible and then look to hit them with the sucker punch when they overcommit. City result yesterday plays into our hands a bit, Liverpool will want to restore their lead at the top.

RoyH1

2 lines of 4 way deep. Negate their bull terrier midfield and hope that Rashford can use his pace to pounce on a loose ball up front

Canagel

Get the ball to Martial and let him do his thing.
This but I think its too much to ask from him to save this team in his first match back. Ideally he would have been eased into it to have full fitness for this match.

bondsname

We want to end on a high, we want to give our fans something to shout about. feckin’ City or Liverpool are gonna win the league. Erm, give our fans something to shout about

JMack1234

The game that offers hope if the Leicester game.

Get 1-0 up by a set piece and then defend well for 80 minutes.

Infra-red

Sit in a low block, soak up lots of pressure and then hope we can nick something on a fast breakaway.

That is about all we can hope for with this manager/squad.

Liverpool are big favourites, but it's not impossible that the above strategy might get us something from the game.

Classical Mechanic

Their style actually suits us. They play a high line that leaves space for Rashford and James to exploit. Shame Pogba isn’t available to play the long passes. Got a feeling Klopp will be smart and sit deeper today though.