How will Jose be received by the home fans at Old Trafford on the 4th of December?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We're playing Spurs on the 4th Dec, it will be first time Jose stepped foot inside Old Trafford and only within a year of being sacked by us.

There was a still decent amount of support from match going fans for Jose and I expect the chant "sit down Mourinho" to reverberate throughout the whole match, hopefully. I wouldn't want any abuse towards him just as to any other manager who managed us or player. With Hienze and Tevez being notable exceptions.

Say what you will about the man but its good to have him back in football. Drama.

el3mel

They were weaving to him during his punditry with Sky when we defeated Chelsea 4-0.

He'll be received well.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think the fans will be largely respectful. I also expect him to come here and play for a dull 0-0 as per.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
We're playing Spurs on the 4th Dec, it will be first time Jose stepped foot inside Old Trafford and only within a year of being sacked by us.

There was a still decent amount of support from match going fans for Jose and I expect the chant "sit down Mourinho" to reverberate throughout the whole match, hopefully. I wouldn't want any abuse towards him just as to any other manager who managed us or player. With Hienze and Tevez being notable exceptions.

Josh 76

OT didn't boo Moyes on his return, So Mourhinio will be fine.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Hopefully the attitude will be to beat him with respect, but focus on United's current manager who was left with team in dissaray.

Mourinho will need to make good impression to Spurs supporters, so he can try be a bit provocative.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
He'll get a warm welcome. The match-going fans were absolutely fantastic to him.

If they beat us and he gives it one of his infamous in your face celebrations after the way our fans behaved towards him, it'll cement him in my mind as a complete and utter cnut.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Will be pretty good IMO. Things went sour all around by the last year, but it wasnt all on him of course, it's just that the way he is that he kind of implodes and everything around him goes into disarray when things between him and the board turn sour. Was always decent enough between him and the fans.

AshRK

All good and respectful, unless he speaks shite in the buildup, which I doubt.
I doubt he will speak bad about the club but he will definitely target the board and even some of our players. But I doubt he would have anything bad for our fans. I hope we give him respect and carry on with our season.

pacifictheme

Unless he does something very stupid between now and then i would expect a good reception.

Jacko21

The match-going fans liked him even before he became our manager.

He'll get a good reception and will go back to being the pantomime villain.

Treble

Hope not very friendly.

Actually, I don't really care.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Standing ovation after another Jose Masterclass.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Actually, I don't really care.
Actually, this is the best stance by a mile, if you think of situation United are in.

On same points level with Bournemouth and Wolves, top 4 running away fast and we sit here thinking what reception Mourinho will get. Unreal.

Kag

To the tune of ‘Ole’s at the wheel’.

Realistically, he’ll get a fairly warm reception as long as he behaves.

stepic

Actually, this is the best stance by a mile, if you think of situation United are in.

On same points level with Bournemouth and Wolves, top 4 running away fast and we sit here thinking what reception Mourinho will get. Unreal.
it is possible to think about more than one thing at a time you know.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He'll get a polite reception. Spurs will get a 95th minute winner and Mourinho will tear down the touchline shushing everyone.

He can't help himself.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
it is possible to think about more than one thing at a time you know.
It is also possible to think about one different comment in the thread someone made, that made you reflect on the situation and reply directly to it.

Woodzy

Lets be honest, the majority of our fans have a lot of respect of him and i'm sure he feels the same about our fans.

Unless he has a meltdown before then with Spurs, i'm sure it'll be respectful all round.

stevoc

Moyes didn't get any abuse so Jose will be fine, i hope he'll get a very good reception.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Lets be honest, the majority of our fans have a lot of respect of him and i'm sure he feels the same about our fans.

Unless he has a meltdown before then with Spurs, i'm sure it'll be respectful all round.
It would be impressive if he had a meltdown within 2 weeks of being appointed even by Jose's standards.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Hopefully, a crushing defeat for Spurs then a chorus of sacked in the morning.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

They were weaving to him during his punditry with Sky when we defeated Chelsea 4-0.

He'll be received well.
Is that Roy Keane to the left? I swear he wasn't part of the pundit team that day.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I couldn't care less about Jose. Completely neutral stance. I'm there to watch United.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Moyes didn't get any abuse so Jose will be fine, i hope he'll get a very good reception.
Fine until he gets insecure and needs to prove to fans that he’s loyal to Tottenham and does over the top kissing of badge and celebrations.

I bet 10 grand that he wears a Spurs tracksuit that game.

buchansleftleg

I'd love the announcement of his name to be met with stony silence and a tumbleweed to blow across the pitch.

The silence is eventually broken by the "kaws" of an unkindness of ravens as a distant church bell beats a solemn and funereal bong.....bong.....bong!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I think the fans will be largely respectful. I also expect him to come here and play for a dull 0-0 as per.
Most sensible United fans know that he was the most successful manager since Sir Alex Ferguson.
But now he is the head coach of one of our rivals so I think his reception will be neutral.