How will Jose be received by the home fans at Old Trafford on the 4th of December?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Very well I'd imagine. Although things went to shite under him he is still the best post-Fergie manager easily and showed a lot of passion and heart whilst in the job.

dasty

He will be well received by our fans as they rarely ever boo ex-players or managers.

If OT is filled with caftards though then he will surely be boo-ed :lol:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Hope we don’t nosh him off too much

Rafaeldagold

My god, the obsession with this prick is embarrassing. I couldn't care less about what reception he got, hopefully we beat Spurs on the day and send him into an early meltdown.
A prick? Wow, classy words for a guy who won us the Europa League, League Cup & got us to league positions we can only dream about now. He should get a warm welcome as he should. Hopefully ungrateful ‘pricks’ like you remember that. His only fault was expecting more of the players & the club.

Now we have a yes man in charge & look what shite we’re now used to on a weekly basis

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He will be well received by our fans as they rarely ever boo ex-players or managers.

Nah, they're all gob.

C3Pique

Classy and respectful towards us.
All 50 were from Matic I bet

Anyways, Spurs will beat us handily, and Mou will stand, arms outstretched, and rip off his coat to reveal a t-shirt saying 'are you not entertained?' while staring at Ed Woodward's corporate box.

Denis' cuff

A prick? Wow, classy words for a guy who won us the Europa League, League Cup & got us to league positions we can only dream about now. He should get a warm welcome as he should. Hopefully ungrateful ‘pricks’ like you remember that. His only fault was expecting more of the players & the club.

Now we have a yes man in charge & look what shite we’re now used to on a weekly basis

Hard to disagree with that, though I’m sure some will find a way

fergiesarmy1

Feels like he still has a lot of fans on here, I wouldn’t applaud him though I think he threw the towel in which is shameful in any profession whether you are on 25k a year of worse £15m a year.

fergiesarmy1

He was purposely throwing games towards the end, never forget that.

DoomSlayer

One of the biggest pricks in football and I stand by that. I had to learn how to like him as our manager as of course I want our club to do well, but I was totally done with him after the Sevilla games.

All his moronic comments and sly digs were just further proof that I was right all along in not liking Mourinho. Never had time for him or his teams.

And yes, whereas before I simply didn't like the man, his stint with us has made me bitter towards him and I do hope he fails miserably at Tottenham, even though I have nothing against their fans.

Last edited:

Champagne Football

He's made a very classy comment about Man Utd today, but there will be many thinly veiled digs along the way once the pressure sets in, pointing the blame of his failures onto others.

Mourinho knows how to manipulate the media very well, but when he's under pressure he can be childish, and simply can't help himself to making petulant remarks.

He can be lovable and loathsome in equal measure, depending if he's relaxed or under pressure. He doesn't handle pressure too well and threw in the towel at Utd as soon as his first major crisis arrived.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
A warm applause, maybe a quick chant early on, and that'll be it. He deserves no more, but certainly doesn't deserve any malice IMO.

If Spurs score I'd wager Mourinho's celebrations will be fairly muted. Though if the fans start to boo him or turn on him, I think he'll become a bit more animated towards us, which would be fair enough. He parted on fairly good terms despite being sacked, and hasn't said a bad word about us since.

Giggsyking

All 50 were from Matic I bet

Anyways, Spurs will beat us handily, and Mou will stand, arms outstretched, and rip off his coat to reveal a t-shirt saying 'are you not entertained?' while staring at Ed Woodward's corporate box.
:lol:

littlepeasoup

One of the biggest pricks in football and I stand by that. I had to learn how to like him as our manager as of course I want our club to do well, but I was totally done with him after the Sevilla games.

All his moronic comments and sly digs were just further proof that I was right all along in not liking Mourinho. Never had time for him or his teams.
For someone who doesn't have a lot of time for Mourinho you do gab about him an awful lot.

He'll get a good reception from the fans in the ground because why not? Sometimes life is too short to focus on things you don't like. Go outside, smell some flowers you negative bore.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Be pretty neutral towards him i would've thought. Didn't particularly do a great deal for us, rubbed many up the wrong way and was responsible for a very toxic atmosphere towards the end on his tenure.

Maybe a polite clap as he walks to the dugout, but that should probably be it. Not exactly going to go down as a legend here.

They were weaving to him during his punditry with Sky when we defeated Chelsea 4-0.

He'll be received well.
Everyone's in a good mood when 4-0 up...

I personally think Mourinho was shafted by Woodward - so wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho is on the wind up, i wouldn't blame him but imagine in the ground if could get negative. But with Ole being quite crap there's not much to brag about

fergiesarmy1

For someone who doesn't have a lot of time for Mourinho you do gab about him an awful lot.

He'll get a good reception from the fans in the ground because why not? Sometimes life is too short to focus on things you don't like. Go outside, smell some flowers you negative bore.
No need to call him that for his opinion.

Last time he was at old Trafford for sky he was getting applauded so it will be much the same, if he acts the prick though there will be plenty who will tell him where to go.

fergiesarmy1

Be pretty neutral towards him i would've thought. Didn't particularly do a great deal for us, rubbed many up the wrong way and was responsible for a very toxic atmosphere towards the end on his tenure.

Maybe a polite clap as he walks to the dugout, but that should probably be it. Not exactly going to go down as a legend here.
Spot on, a league cup and europa cup with all that money spent and wasted is nothing to brag about.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Similarly to when he came as a pundit. Probably not quite as warm. Unless he takes the piss with something that won't change.

el3mel

Everyone's in a good mood when 4-0 up...

I personally think Mourinho was shafted by Woodward - so wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho is on the wind up, i wouldn't blame him but imagine in the ground if could get negative. But with Ole being quite crap there's not much to brag about
I actually stand corrected. @Dancfc as well. This photo was from our home draw with Liverpool 1-1. Hence Roy Keane was in it.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...inho-Man-Utd-fans-gesture-sing-name-Liverpool

This was the one from the Chelsea match :

So it did happened on both his visits to Old Trafford as a Sky pundit.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Yeah, he’ll get a good reception unless he does something to provoke the fans e.g celebrate a Spurs goal in front of the Stretford End.

SweetRightFoot

He'll get a good reception, he'll play up to our fans with smiles and waves too.

but he'll get lovingly jeered when we roll them over.