How will Jose be received by the home fans at Old Trafford on the 4th of December?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'd love the announcement of his name to be met with stony silence and a tumbleweed to blow across the pitch.

The silence is eventually broken by the "kaws" of an unkindness of ravens as a distant church bell beats a solemn and funereal bong.....bong.....bong!
:lol: JoPoe.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Warm welcome I expect. Jose had a nice relationship with the fans. He won 2 trophies here.

His battles were with the bean counters upstairs, after all he just wanted to win and I can't imagine too many fans who wouldn't stand with him on that.

Davs

Not really a difficult question. He will be well received at OT and I'm pretty sure on his first visit back he will act pretty friendly towards the fans too... for now.

stevoc

Fine until he gets insecure and needs to prove to fans that he’s loyal to Tottenham and does over the top kissing of badge and celebrations.

I bet 10 grand that he wears a Spurs tracksuit that game.
I would be tempted to take that bet but yeah he'll definitely wear Spurs gear.

That and i'm skint.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Okay then,Holwell Jose be received when he plays at Stamford Bridge next time?

Walters_19_MuFc

Indifferent. To be fair to Mourinho, he's always been very respectful of United, even when at Chelsea. He was honoured to manage our club. Unfortunately for him, it didn't work out, but he did win things whilst he was here, and I personally feel it be harsh to be hostile towards him.

Red00012

Park the bus , Park the bus Tottenham Hotspurs

Park the bus , park the bus I say.

OverratedOpinion

As long as he doesn't start saying inflammatory things before the match then he will get a decent if slightly indifferent reception.

He said some stupid stuff when he was here, also got us a decent 2nd finish and a couple of trophies and has been quite respectful in the press since he left. Sort of weighs out in the end.

Acole9

Outstanding
He'll receive a warm welcome. No reason for anything different.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Stretty already acknowledged him and chanted his name vs Chelsea.

Majority of fans know he was only part of the problem. Bigger issues than the manager(s) are wrong with the club.

DoomSlayer

My god, the obsession with this prick is embarrassing. I couldn't care less about what reception he got, hopefully we beat Spurs on the day and send him into an early meltdown.

LInkash

He must know us inside out, how much of an advantage is that for Spurs?

hobbers

I think most United fans like Jose as a personality, whether or not they liked his football or his fractiousness when things didn't go his way.

Plus he's always acted like a statesman to United. If only he'd been able to carry that through to his dealings with the players and the board while he was here.

SteveW

I've never seen a United manager be so openly disrespectful towards the club so I'd happily see him booed. But he'd probably enjoy that. Complete indifference would be the best approach to him.

I will cringe if the usual crowd of weirdos fawn over him.

Cabin Clown

I hope he gets a good one. Why wouldn't he? Our fans aren't as knackery as Chelsea's either which is always a plus.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Hopefully with thunderous applause and to the tune of "woke up this morning feeling fine..."

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
To be fair, he still got us 2nd place with this squad, won the UEFA cup and league cup too. So, I would still welcome him at Old Trafford.
And he was right about our defense and Pogba too.

Caesar2290

He’s going to get a great reception, no doubt.

Will we be able to beat him?

Probably not. Teams that sit deep and hit us in the counter are our kryptonite, and that’s how Mou plays be default against bigger teams.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I don't really care what he does before or after the 4th Dec but I just don't want us to lose to that lot. I just don't want him getting any validation, vindication, glorification...whatever you want to call it at our expense, especially at OT.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He’s going to get a great reception, no doubt.

Will we be able to beat him?

Probably not. Teams that sit deep and hit us in the counter are our kryptonite, and that’s how Mou plays be default against bigger teams.
Don't think he will sit deep this time (unless you give him an early lead) he has points to make up if he wants to make top four.

Ancient Of Days

I've never seen a United manager be so openly disrespectful towards the club so I'd happily see him booed. But he'd probably enjoy that. Complete indifference would be the best approach to him.

I will cringe if the usual crowd of weirdos fawn over him.
What has he done that is been "so openly disrespectful"?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Show him the respect he's earned. Applause, then cheer our team on

Nothing more, nothing less.

Then go all out to beat Spurs as we should anyway.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Respect. He was largely respectful to the fans despite one or two moments.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The response will be positive. OT never turned on any of the post SAF managers whether it be Moyes, LVG or Mourinho.

Colin Clarke

I believe the home fans will welcome him back with the respect he deserves. It's not totally his fault he didn't survive at United, the players and the board have to take their share of the blame for the failings on the pitch in his last season but he did win the Charity shield, League cup and Europa League in his time here as well as finishing 2nd and finalist of the FA cup. Give him a respectful welcome then get behind the team to help them beat Spurs

stu_1992

Unless he starts taking pops at us, which I don't expect, than I can only imagine it will be a positive and respectful reception. I don't really recall him getting booed much when he was here, so unless he tries to wind up the crowd it will be all good.

Dike_Manc

I don't know but he was surprisingly classy after his dismissal so awkward silence should do just fine.