How will seven central defenders be kept happy?

hobbers

They won't be.

But who gives af about Jones or Rojo being happy?

Blind pew

The fact that Jones, Rojo and Smalling are still around is a huge disappointment.

bsCallout

Between Rojo, Jones & Bailly you don't really get much playing time due to fitness. Rojo & Jones are also going to be exceptionally content just receiving their money and sitting on the sidelines. The rest of the players will rotate due to amount of fixtures.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
They can go sulk around throw a fit and get fecked.

Lindelof, Maguire, Smalling and Tuanzebe is all I care about.

M16Red

We only need to keep 4 happy really the rest can jog on.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, and to a lesser extent Smalling are the only ones who need to be kept happy. They'll all get game time so shouldn't be a problem.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Bailly is already out for half the season.

Rojo will either be sold or won't play.

Jones will inevitably get injured.

That leaves Maguire, Lindelof, Smalling and Tuanzebe.

Ace of Spades

Baily is out for a while. Rojo will be sold or loaned. That leaves five, and with Jones history, he won't be far behind in injuring himself.

IrishRedDevil

Who gives a shit. Hopefully Rojo and Jones are really sad and upset.

Maguire, Lindelof, Smalling will all be happy with game time and Tuanzebe will be happy with minutes here and there as he is still learning and making a step up.

Bailly is out for ages, so he will have to fight for his place when fit.

SAFMUTD

Who the feck cares if all 7 are happy, we should keep only 4. Bailly, Rojo and Jones should go. If they stay we should make very clear that they won't play so they push for a way out instead of staying just collecting wages.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Between Lindelof and Smalling, whoever left out of partnering Maguire won’t be happy.

The rest, though. As long as they get paid, more than they would get somewhere else. I don’t think they’ll be unhappy.

Yeh. I know that sometimes money can’t buy happiness.

arthurka

Easy only 4 who you can count on. Three useless or injured. One fringe player.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bailly, Rojo and Jones will be injured for 90% of the time anyway.

Maguire, Lindelof, Smalling and Tuanzebe are our centre-back options for the season.

TommiHelm

Three at the back will be our main choice obviously - or Jones will finally become the next Makelele. Feel like either of those are just as likely as the other. :p

WensleyMU

Bailey, Jones and Rojo barely even equal 1 central defender if we are honest

jesperjaap

Bailly's injured, Rojo will likely be loaned/sold in the next few weeks.

Pecking order for the rest will be something like:
  1. Harry Maguire & Victor Lindelof (League)
  2. Axel Tuanzebe & Phil Jones (Europa & Cups)
  3. Chris Smalling (when Jones inevitably gets injured/injures someone else)

Even though we are looking to play from the back which Smalling is awful at, I still think he will be 3rd choice myself and currently rightly so, I am hoping Tuanzabe can prove himself though, think on paper he is the best partner for Maguire by a mile but unproven or experienced as of yet

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Even though we are looking to play from the back which Smalling is awful at, I still think he will be 3rd choice myself and currently rightly so, I am hoping Tuanzabe can prove himself though, think on paper he is the best partner for Maguire by a mile but unproven or experienced as of yet
He barely played in pre-season and was an unused sub for the last couple of games. Don't know whether it is because the others needed more games but doesn't really bode well for him.

Little discussion about him on the podcast. Do agree with you about if he is third choice it would be rightly so as despite his faults he has been one of our most reliable defenders in terms of fitness, though that isn't saying a lot with Rojo, Bailly and Jones who are medical marvels in terms of their injury-proneness. .

Nori-

Get rid of Jones and Rojo the second an offer comes in.

I would literally rather give our youth players a chance and maybe finding a gem rather than let this two liabilities play another game. Then in Jan/next summer sell Smalling too. ;)

jesperjaap

He barely played in pre-season and was an unused sub for the last couple of games. Don't know whether it is because the others needed more games but doesn't really bode well for him.

Little discussion about him on the podcast. Do agree with you about if he is third choice it would be rightly so as despite his faults he has been one of our most reliable defenders in terms of fitness, though that isn't saying a lot with Rojo, Bailly and Jones who are medical marvels in terms of their injury-proneness. .
Well we often get carried away by preseason, especially with youngsters. I think the tween you embedded sums him up perfectly. He is a decent defender, that area of his game as improved during his time here and its those reasons alone I would put him third choice, currently anyway. Lindelof is bound to be second choice to start with, but I just wonder where the good centre back partnership is coming from and that is why I want Tuanzabe to succeed as he seems the best partner for all the other three above him to me, I dont see any of Lindelof/Maguire/Smalling working as a partnership, we know SMalling/Lindelof doesnt at any rate, hope I am wrong but concerns me Lindelof/Maguire

Al-T

This is the least of our problems. Lindelof and Maguire will be first choice. Smalling and Tuanzebe back ups.

If any of the other three get out of the sick room for long enough and aren't happy, they can feel free to f#@k off.

stevoc

We really only have 5 centre backs.

Lindelof-Maguire
Smalling-Tuanzebe

Bailly/Rojo/Jones only count as one considering the amount of time each one of them is out injured every season.

Bwuk

Bailly is out for god knows how long.

Rojo we are trying to sell, plus he’s very injury prone.

Who cares about keeping Smalling and Jones happy, they are lucky to be here as long as they have.

Lord

Most will be Injured by Christmas anyway so keeping them happy wont be an issue.