How will Solskjær line up against Liverpool?

wolvored

First of all I hope we can win, but if we are going to lose I think a hammering 4/5-0 with the fans leaving well before the final whistle and a few boos at the end will send a powerful message to the owners.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Ole is Mr. Conservative. It will be his tried and tested favourites.

DDG
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
McTominay Fred
Greenwood Bruno Rashford
Ronaldo

He's smart enough to know an ultra defensive back 5 at home to Liverpool and still losing will turn the fans against him.

Unfortunately, I think he could sneak a result and buy himself a few more months in charge.
Oh good we have to put up with this nonsense again!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Not this time, imo. Pool are a different team than last season and we're falling apart. I doubt Ole can fix that, especially with a difficult CL game in between
Liverpool also have a CL game this week.
The oldest cliche still applies. Concentrate on Atalanta first and win that.
It will then be down to the players against Liverpool to all raise their game by 5%.
All Ole can really do is to work the midfield in order to compete and play on the break.

Roboc7

We’re going to park the bus and try and make it difficult for them, back 5, Mcfred with Bruno behind Rashford and Ronaldo.

Our game plan will be same as it was 3 years ago when Jose got the boot, we’ve come full circle.

Fts 74

A couple of seasons ago we were in a worse situation and a worser team. Liverpool were clear favourites and coming to OT with a 100% record. Utd should have won but for a late mistake.

To say we have no hope is ridiculous. Brentford showed these are not invincible. Can we all get behind the fecking manager and team, like everyone one at OT will be and support the team, rather than slagging it off and hoping we lose so OLE gets sacked. It’s fecking disgraceful on here.
I couldn't agree more.

Although I want ole gone, I'd never want to see us lose in the hope it speeds up the process.

You.
Should.
Always.
Want.
Man Utd.
To.
Beat.
The.
Scousers.
Of course I want us to win, but if a loss gets Ole out of the door on Monday morning instead of wasting another 6 to 12 months treading water, I'll take it.

largelyworried

I couldn't agree more.

Although I want ole gone, I'd never want to see us lose in the hope it speeds up the process.
To be fair, I understand the sentiment that, if something unpleasant is coming at some point, better to get it over with. Some people go too far though and relish seeing us lose just to bash Ole over the head.

laughtersassassin

He will go out to defend and try steal a win. Rightly so with how bade we are doing.

Probably go 5 at the back.

But That in itself is indicative of how much he is failing because 3 years in we shouldn't be back to the drawing board and should be just playing our own game by now.

EyeToldYou

I think he'll go with:

--------------------------De Gea----------------
AWB------Lindelof------Maguire----Shaw
--------------Mctominay---Fred---------------
Greenwood---------Bruno----------Rashford
-------------------------Ronaldo-------------------

When Ole's back is against the wall, I find him quite a negative manager. I don't see any drastic changes to the shape, just personnel, and Pogba will almost certainly be left out. I don't think he has the bottle to leave out Ronaldo either, not when he's under the pressure he is and his job is on the line.

We'll get a mauling.

Lynty

----------------------------- Ronaldo -----------------------------

Rashford --------------- Bruno ------------------ Sancho

---------------- 40 yards of open grass ------------------

Shaw -------- Maguire --------- Lindelof -------- AWB

-------------------------------- De Gea ---------------------------

Kcocymkcus

We wont win, Liverpool will beat us quite comfortably. I'm predicting a 3-0 win to Liverpool.

But I do know that to have a chance we need to ditch this 4-2-3-1 nonsense, its killing us. Even a basic 4-4-2 would be better than that.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
I think he'll go with:

--------------------------De Gea----------------
AWB------Lindelof------Maguire----Shaw
--------------Mctominay---Fred---------------
Greenwood---------Bruno----------Rashford
-------------------------Ronaldo-------------------

When Ole's back is against the wall, I find him quite a negative manager. I don't see any drastic changes to the shape, just personnel, and Pogba will almost certainly be left out. I don't think he has the bottle to leave out Ronaldo either, not when he's under the pressure he is and his job is on the line.

We'll get a mauling.
I kinda doubt it. You might occasionally get dicked by some team that you should just shrug off but you always have it in you to get a result out of the toughest of opposition - as a City supporter I know this only too well and, as I want you to torpedo the dippers, it gives me hope.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Its the right team too I feel, and it will send an outstanding message out to drop Pogba, Bruno and Ronaldo
Don't know if it would send an outstanding message benching the 3 biggest egos in the squad, especially if we lose but I do agree that Ole will probably try it first against Atalanta.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
The nailed on starters (barring injuries) are DDG, AWB, Lindelof, Maquire :confused: Shaw, McFred, Bruno and Rashford. The big questions are if he drops Greenwood for the workrate of Lingard and Ronaldo for the workrate of Cavani?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Liverpool also have a CL game this week.
The oldest cliche still applies. Concentrate on Atalanta first and win that.
It will then be down to the players against Liverpool to all raise their game by 5%.
All Ole can really do is to work the midfield in order to compete and play on the break.
But their form is much better. We're also under pressure to win, so it is different

daveoliver91

Have a feeling we'll be up for the challenge, just not sure if we have the confidence and determination to win. I can see us creating some chances but not scoring, and Liverpool arriving 3 times and scoring 2..
Hopefully I am wrong and we manage to get the 3 points and give a boost to the fans and the manager.

Oranges038

A couple of seasons ago we were in a worse situation and a worser team. Liverpool were clear favourites and coming to OT with a 100% record. Utd should have won but for a late mistake.

To say we have no hope is ridiculous. Brentford showed these are not invincible. Can we all get behind the fecking manager and team, like everyone one at OT will be and support the team, rather than slagging it off and hoping we lose so OLE gets sacked. It’s fecking disgraceful on here.
I don't understand this mentality at all.

I'm sure the people who think like this, will just move onto to hoping the team loses the next game, that is of course if Ole is not sacked after the weekend.

Flexdegea

Of course I want us to win, but if a loss gets Ole out of the door on Monday morning instead of wasting another 6 to 12 months treading water, I'll take it.

So just to be clear you want to lose then?

USREDEVIL

See my earlier post. Had McFred but they were in white text...

Witchking

Absolutely pathetic attitude for a United fan to want Liverpool to win against us at Old Trafford. Now I want United to win with a Liverpool own goal after being hammered the full game just to piss off people like you.

Wing Attack Plan R

Ole pretty much needs to view this one as damage control, and hopefully we win a penalty. When Liverpool's fullbacks push up, our midfield will be two traffic cones. The 4231 will be suicide. Man-mark Firminho and Salah and pray for rain. This isn't the match to play expansive, free flowing football.

Without our 2 first choice CBs, I think we're going to get slaughtered by our own hands (feet). Bailly do something reckless?

I just don't see how we are going to avoid being overrun in midfield. With Ronaldo in, we lose the pressing from the front, which means they saunter into midfield, where they will overrun us. Matic can do a job for 1 half, but 2nd half we're toast. VDB, you'd think, would be the right player for this, but there's no chance he's starting against Liverpool. I just don't see how to play Ronaldo and not have our midfield fall apart.

Edit: completely forgot about Sancho in all this, but still wouldn't play him ahead of what I've got below. :(

------------------DeGea---------------
AWB Bailly Lindelof Shaw
-------McTominay---VDB-------
Greenwood----Bruno---Rashford
---------------Ronaldo-------------
????

------------------------DeGea-----------------------
AWB------Bailly------Lindelof-------Shaw
Lingard McTominay Matic Rashford
----------------Bruno---------------------------------
------------------------------Cavani-------------
subs: Greenwood (Lingard), Ronaldo (Cavani)
????!!!

Recent history v. Liverpool: LWDLDDLW

13 May 2021 ---L--- 2-4 (PL)
24 Jan 2021 ---W--- 3-2 (FA Cup)
17 Jan 2021 ---D--- 0-0 (PL)
19 Jan 2020 ---L--- 2-0 (PL)
20 Oct 2019 ---D--- 1-1 (PL)
24 Feb 2019 ---D--- 0-0 (PL)
16 Dec 2018 ---L--- 3-1 (PL)
10 Mar 2018 ---W--- 2-1 (PL)

Last edited:

swedishgloryhunter

I don't think he will drop pogba, maybe play Ronaldo vs atalanta and cavani against Liverpool.

Ddg
Awb lindelöf maguire Shaw
Fred mct
Lingard bruno pogba
Cavani

Subs in rashford to get the 2-1 win and ole is back.

Hughie77

Let's see how Wednesday night goes first. I'm not looking forward to it, it could be embarrassing or the other side of the coin.

I think he's going to have to go and ram the midfield . I can see back 5.

Threesus

I can already see how this will go. Either Bruno or Marcus (or both) will pull a rabbit out of the hat that buys the gaffer a few more months.

Shark

@NotShark
If we were to fail to win tomorrow night you wonder if he'll be managing us vs Pool.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Ddg
AwB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
McFred
Bruno Rashford Greenwood Cavani/Ronaldo

Id really like Cavani to play with CR7, but that would mean one of McFred being dropped and thats not going to happen.

I think we will struggle. Hopefully its not a 4/5 goal defeat.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
First of all I hope we can win, but if we are going to lose I think a hammering 4/5-0 with the fans leaving well before the final whistle and a few boos at the end will send a powerful message to the owners.
If we lose 5-0 at home to Liverpool, I'm taking a break from football.

Kaos

I'm getting the Moyes season vibes again, where Liverpool just turned up to Old Trafford, casually dismantled us, and walked off home with 3 points without breaking a sweat.

MattofManchester

Losing to Liverpool has always been a dreary moment for us post-Ferguson.

The 3-0 loss under Moyes was a reality check and beyond painful.

The 3-1 loss under Mourinho hurt and showed us a defeated manager and defeated team.

Both became synonymous with wanting our managers out.

Interestingly, Van Gaal avoided this.

But nonetheless, Liverpool have been imperious, our team looks flat. Lose or draw to Atalanta and I fear we're in for a battering.

E-mal

Doesnt matter how he lines up and definitely doesnt matter if we won by a dozen, he is not going to amount to much as manager of Manchester United, so what's the point?

Josep Dowling

:lol:

Exactly what I see when we have played this season.

izec

We will line up like a League one side in the FA Cup, with 11 men behind the ball and hoping some of our fast players and Bruno can score somehow. That is our tactics against any big side.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
DDG

AWB —- Bailly —— Lindelof —— Shaw

Fred —— McTominay

Sancho —————————— Rashford

Cavani —- Ronaldo​

Comfy win against a side that lines up just like Leicester did this weekend. No Pogba. No Bruno. Bring them on if we need to.