How will Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa roll over for Liverpool? | How will they raise their game against City?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Aston Villa won 7-2 in the same fixture last season (before VVD got injured). They spend big and are no mugs. They occupy the same position in the league this season and might yet even better it considering the numerous games in hand. But this time they won't be getting anything from this fixture. And the sole reason for that is Steven Gerrard.

The golden boy of English football will turn 42 later this month and his closest feeling to winning a Premier League trophy throughout his life was when he kissed the Old Trafford cameras.

During his playing days he used to do this when he was involved in title related games:

Integrity is not a word that exists in this bloke's dictionary. Just ask the poor DJ.

So how will he roll over now that his beloved Liverpool need the points? How different will his approach be to this game compared to when he faces City on the final day?

Will he field a weakened team? Will there be a slip or defensive errors from the Villa players? If Villa somehow still are in the game in the second half, will he get nervous and tweak the tactics to make it easier for Liverpool?

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
They’ll almost certainly lose. Whether they try or not. They’ve been fairly poor this season.

gajender

Going against the Grain here expecting Villa to give Liverpool tough fight and earn a point .

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Going against the Grain here expecting Villa to give Liverpool tough fight and earn a point .
I don't think they will but I don't think it will be a roll over job either.

If nothing else Gerrard wants the Liverpool job one day and getting smashed by them constantly will only serve to ensure he never gets it.

Lynty

He'll call in sick and watch from the stands. Liverpool end.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I remember when he provided drogba with an assist as he attempted a pass back to his keeper for no reason at all. Hes a wasteman.

stevoc

Stevie will run onto the pitch and play a perfect through ball for Drog... I mean Salah.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I think Villa will lose but I can't see Gerrard selecting a team or tactics which will be resulting in an easy Liverpool win on purpose.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They're not that good an outfit, so will lose whatever level they put in.
City have got a 4 goal better goal difference, and have scored 2 more, so anything 2-0 and under will be something.

City at least have that knowledge they can draw a game now, but hopefully they boot Wolves out of sight tomorrow too. Don't leave anything to chance as one defeat can still ruin things.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If Villa somehow manage to hold a lead until 85th minute I think he will sub himself on and attempt multiple backpasses until Liverpool win. Then he will join Pool bus celebrating by saying "heryyeemmm course" over and over while listening to Phil Collins.

tomaldinho1

Genuinely think he just has to do what he normally does. Villa look so poor when you think of their spending.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't know if Gerrard will throw the game, he's more of a "if it doesn't involve me then I don't care type".

He probably hates the fact Liverpool are successful without him

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
It doesn't really matter, City has basically won the league now.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Lads, if Gerrard messes up their title challenge for a second time I might implode from laughter.

Nickelodeon

He will get some points off Liverpool today and RAWK will start a thread titled 'Steven Gerrard is dead to me'.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Can truly cement his status as Liverpool GOAT the upcoming two weeks if he gifts us a big victory then beats City on the final day of the season. It's a no brainer for him really.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Gerrard asking Coutinho to dive for penalties.

Red card.

10 men.

Liverpool easy victory

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I see them roll over nicely already in first half. So that Klopp can rest some of his army in second half.

gajender

I don't think they will but I don't think it will be a roll over job either.

If nothing else Gerrard wants the Liverpool job one day and getting smashed by them constantly will only serve to ensure he never gets it.
I think you are right but I am hoping against hope here sooner Pool's quadruple chances are vanquished better it would be .

Dave_MUFC

I'm going to be in the Villa end for this tonight. Will be supporting them like they're my own, but really not expecting to have a fun time there...

jameyzane

He'll spike his player's drinks and have them running like Manchester united this season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This is funny because Liverpool would most likely beat Villa comfortably regardless of whether Gerrard is there, but if they win this game comfortably, we'll be right here peddling conspiracies. I'm here for it, not gonna lie :lol: