How will Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa roll over for Liverpool? | How will they raise their game against City?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
To his credit , the team probably tried to win it.
Since we came back up Liverpool have only actually beaten us by more than one goal once in six fixtures. We roll over more easily for likes of Man. City and Spurs these days.

Had to double check aswell....surely in unlikely event Liverpool win the title on GD a team who lost by say aggregate of 9-0 could be a little more culpable perhaps?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Since we came back up Liverpool have only actually beaten us by more than one goal once in six fixtures. We roll over more easily for likes of Man. City and Spurs these days.

Had to double check aswell....surely in unlikely event Liverpool win the title on GD a team who lost by say aggregate of 9-0 could be a little more culpable perhaps?
You are just mean.:lol:

MUFC OK

Ings missed about 4 chances, Mings at fault for both goals (liverpool fan) and gave the ball away continuously springing counter attacks. That’s how he did it.

IrishRedDevil

Mings should be a Hollyoaks actor.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Jesus, it's not like we wanted to be in this mess :lol:

NoLogo

Harsh, but fair. :lol:

Honestly, at least your team put up a fight, which is more than can be said about our lot.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

:lol:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

Ouch :lol:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

If I didn't laugh I'd cry

Dan_F

Every time I see Gerrard in a press conference he’s being really unnecessarily twatish to reporters.

Dan_F

Pretty sure that's just his personality
He got asked about the referee and said to the reporter something along the lines of “well you’re asking me the question so you must agree with me” in a combative way. It’s definitely the second time he’s done that.

Wilt

Every time I see Gerrard in a press conference he’s being really unnecessarily twatish to reporters.
Tbf, don’t blame him. The majority of British arsewipe press hoping he fails.

He's been like this his whole career. Always gave the impression he thought he was God's gift.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Tbf, don’t blame him. The majority of British arsewipe press hoping he fails.
Really? I get the complete opposite vibes. The prospect of him going to Liverpool is so appealing to those British media types, that I get the feeling they're willing him to succeed there. They've always loved Stevie Me, haven't they?

Wilt

Really? I get the complete opposite vibes. The prospect of him going to Liverpool is so appealing to those British media types, that I get the feeling they're willing him to succeed there. They've always loved Stevie Me, haven't they?
You’re probably right, the press do seem to favour Gerrard. Though they love to stick the boot in when the big ‘names’ fail.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Gerrard attitude towards Villa’s games against Liverpool this season was far better than Houllier’s in 2010/2011. Houllier was far too reverential about them, retuning to Anfield etc.

In terms of Gerrard and his media coverage, during his playing days it was always revealing how his diving for both club and country was often swept under the carpet or completely ignored.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Slippy rested players midweek. This is his biggest Premier League moment. Watch how they'll be extremely focused in defence and deadly effective in front of goal today.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Slippy rested players midweek. This is his biggest Premier League moment. Watch how they'll be extremely focused in defence and deadly effective in front of goal today.
They’re gonna try like mad today. This will be City’s version of West Ham ‘95.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
City will be 2-0 up at half time and all the panicking will be for nothing.

micmac

This is Slippy’s chance to vicariously win the league. We are going to see an Aston Villa performance of Istanbul epic levels!

Nero

He can dare to dream as much as he wants. City will sweep them aside.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If we are judging by his PL history in clutch matches, they will probably conceede own goal in first ten minutes considering how tense this will be for them, and Coutinho will try 40m screamers until end of the game to save them alone by himself.

68cob

I can't believe Danny Ings gets a mention by some (not here) as a liverpool connection and possible influence on the result today.