How will you remember Pogba's time at United?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
A lot of dabs and a couple good moments.

I stand by what I said before we bought him - we should've gone for Fabinho and a couple others for the same ££.

Heinzesight

A wet fart.

Had the odd moment (never over a full 90…actually never even over 45 minutes) but overall incredibly average, a pisstaker and it’s a disgrace he wasn’t fecked off sooner after some of the shite he’s spouted about the club.

Has all the talent but not the application.

Three years too late.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
A lot of dabs and a couple good moments.

I stand by what I said before we bought him - we should've gone for Fabinho and a couple others for the same ££.
You'd have thought Pogba's biggest fan could come up with more memorable moments?

hobbers

Comically few memorable moments considering it's been 6 years and he was supposed to be one of the best midfielders in the world. Maybe half a dozen games where you could say he ran the show? Mostly against fodder.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Probably worse than it actually was.

It's just been a bit meh hasn't it. He's been miles away from being the worst player, but only in glimpses has he been the best. He had spells under Ole in particular where he was really, really good, but they were too infrequent unfortunately. He's not this big bad guy that everyone makes out though and as long as he doesn't go to a PL rival, i'll wish him all the best. I actually like him as a person in terms of what we see online, but he should've shushed his agent and brother(s) up a few times throughout his stay.. I wish it'd worked out well here, but it wasn't to be.

caid

Badly. There were some good memories and i liked him and defended him for a couple of years. Hes been way more notable for all the things he's weak at than the things he was good at overall though.
My thoughts about him at this point is that hes a footballing idiot - just doesn't have the first clue how to go about winning a football match. Can do whatever he wants on the pitch but makes the wrong choice more often than not. Just never learned to apply the talent he has.
Personally he seems pretty likable, its kind of overshadowed by his agent and his brother and the general narrative and discussion that surrounds him, not all of his own making but its been an annoyance whatever the source. He seems a decent enough guy despite all that which is to his credit.

captaincantona

I won’t. It’s amazing to say...5 seasons...€90million and god knows what in salary...and really not more than 3 or 4 performances that you would say he was top class- rest of the time he was poor or bang average...which you don’t expect from a player of his supposed calibre. Add to that the fact that it was clear he didn’t want to be here for more than a couple of seasons and things just didn’t work out as he had planned.

All in all...glad he is leaving. Get back to knowing that at the very least, the players in the squad will give their all every time they step on the pitch. Between Pogba, Jesse, Martial, Rashford...there has just been a lot of “posturing” and not a lot else.

of all 4...Maybe Rashford can salvage his Utd career but Pogba should have been gone years ago.

mikeyt

Underwhelming but in fairness I don't think he was ever used in a system that would have brought the best out of him.

Herculean

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Pogba wants to be remembered as a "Michael Jordan" but for me, he'll be more of a "Sam Bowie" disappointment

siw2007

Frustration of his time on the pitch: the skills, the vision, the brace against city, the self indulgence, the lack of effort, the stupid mistakes. The frustration of the Pogba circus with Raiola’s games in the media.

Abraxas

Just a completely overrated player in the first instance. We constantly got told it's our fault, he was great at Juventus and France. Even though he was probably never "great", just a useful talent to have if compensated for. Being associated with great sides or putting in the odd excellent performance does that equal greatness. Great players don't need that everything lined up perfectly, they produce without excuses.

Then you had the people saying the manager has to motivate the player, or the ones that simply denied that he didn't work hard. Even though it was right before our eyes every game. The last few months and Pogba's unprofessional attitude should make it clearer for them. Hard work is part of being great.

Then you have the people that said he can do everything as a midfielder. Maybe he can, once in a blue moon, or across a string of games. But unfortunately never in a way that made a difference. It's far more useful to have a midfielder that understands positional play and passes consistently than one who can play 50 yard passes with the outside of his right boot, then nothing. The consistency of the elements of his game that make up a central midfielder are appalling.

Then there was his agent. Not his fault apparently. Despite the fact that most people are perfectly capable of realising that a man that speaks for you in public represents you. If he remains in that position, the implication is his statements represent your own feelings. In addition to his failings on the pitch, which would otherwise be frustrating but not a death knell for his reputation, this made him thoroughly unlikeable.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
My lasting memory of him will be with his foot on the ball, holding off one man, and staying still for long enough that one or two other players will then come and just take the ball off him, at which point he'll look around in a "Are they allowed to do that?" kind of way (yes Paul, they are)

Dempsey19

Only thing that actually stands out to me is the 2 goals against City when we were losing 2-0 to them. That was a long ass time ago.

Other than that we aren't losing anything special.

crossy1686

career ending
The two things that spring to mind are the performance against City and how disappointingly, woefully shit he's been for the rest of the time.

He's rarely played more than half a season most years and spent every winter in Dubai, most managers have fallen out with him, his agent is a massive prick and he did nothing to stop his agent from being a prick, he himself spoke about leaving United on an official pre season tour of Japan and spoke countless times about how great Madrid were.

He's like Neymar and Özil rolled into one shit mess.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Huge disappointment.

Has all the attributes a great midfielder should have and there's nothing he cant do as well as some of the best CM's to have ever played, but just hasnt got the drive or hunger.

Lampard called it well when he said he's a YouTube player.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm actually looking forward to him (and others) joining other teams so they can be booed without people making threads and saying it's out of order.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Very inconsistent to the point for what we paid for him he is looking at being one of our worst buys.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We're talking like Pogba's gone already but that's not the case.

He may look to re-sign with us if he doesn't get the offers from outside the club, and I think the board will let him.

crossy1686

career ending
We're talking like Pogba's gone already but that's not the case.

He may look to re-sign with us if he doesn't get the offers from outside the club, and I think the board will let him.
I can imagine the riot that will take place if Pogba renews will be bigger than the Super League one

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Harsh on Veron
Only if you are into agendas otherwise they were in similar situation. Expensive, with lots of expectations from people that had no clue about them and didn't fit. The only difference is that Veron was sold quickly.

Zoo

A mistake from all parties except the selling club.

Mike Smalling

At his best there is no player that is better to watch for me. The combination of supreme technique, physicality and flair is something you don't see in a lot of players. But we saw that in maybe one out of ten games, while he coasted in the rest.

Too bad it didn't work out. We will be better without him.