How would the players and fans react tomorrow if the board backs Ole?

Ralph1386

I’ve just heard two pundits on two different channels say that they don’t think the board will sack Ole soon. Also heard some fans on social media who think the same thing.

This is a very real possibility. How would the players react to this? Should we expect more drubbings from Spurs and City?

I really hope things don’t get too ugly.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t think he’s fully lost the dressing room. Especially in the CL. We’ll probably continue to lose more than win but that’s down to coaching + confidence/form issues than anything else

Ralph1386

I don’t think he’s fully lost the dressing room. Especially in the CL. We’ll probably continue to lose more than win but that’s down to coaching + confidence/form issues than anything else
I personally think they played well in the second half against Atalanta because they don’t want to play in the EL.

Also, Moyes had lost the players but it didn’t stop them giving their all in the return leg against Panathiankos in 2014.

Irwin99

He won't be sacked this early in the season and I think the players all like him, respect him and want him to do well. They are probably having some serious doubts about what they can achieve though. He might resign if things get worse but I doubt he's getting sacked any time soon.

On a side note Spurs aren't exactly in a good place themselves despite being a point ahead of us and I can see us beating them. City game could get ugly though :nervous: I think the champions league and our form around December are the points around where a decision might be made.

Enigma_87

You know who
Opposition fans and Ole cult will be happy as always.

Players won’t give too much of a feck bar someone like Cristiano.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Fans would be seething. Like, the last thing any United fan on this planet wants to hear right now is that the board are backing him. I can't think of anything that would set the fans off more than that. He's been booed at HT two games in a row now, there might be a few who back him, like those in the video, but it's fairly clear he's lost the majority of the matchgoing fans.

el3mel

If the club is fine with this shit then I don't care either. I won't give a shit about any loss from now on if Ole managed us against Tottenham.

Pickle85

Anyone knocking 'the state of our matchgoing fans' is a bellend. Go watch the side and then have an opinion.

hobbers

The players will just get more and more disillusioned and angry at the ineptitude of the management.

Doesn't really matter. Pogba, Bruno and Ronaldo clearly dont rate Ole at all as it is. This wont really surprise them.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Hardly surprising. They’ve embraced mediocrity for many years in a row.

Barca “spoiled” fanbase on the other hand..
Billion dollar enterprises have sunk due to lack of accountability and internal evaluation standards. Does not surprise me.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Fans would be angry, though those who turn up at OT would largely continue to be respectful.

I don't think it matters how the players would react. Whether they dig in to give their all or give up on the manager, you'll just get different variations of underperformance.

Enigma_87

You know who
Anyone knocking 'the state of our matchgoing fans' is a bellend. Go watch the side and then have an opinion.
Are you happy with what you see on daily basis ? Because from what I see of majority of math going fans Ole is still a darling..

Or the hundred or so that left at 60th minute?

FatTails

I can have an opinion on anything I want. Don’t need some pickle’s permission.

AneRu

:rolleyes:
We all know which one of these clubs is gonna win the league and UCL before the other, right?
This is how the rot has set in and festered. Man has just led us to a humiliating defeat against our oldest rivals and instead of holding him accountable we are taking selfies and asking for autographs

Tyrion

I’ve just heard two pundits on two different channels say that they don’t think the board will sack Ole soon. Also heard some fans on social media who think the same thing.

This is a very real possibility. How would the players react to this? Should we expect more drubbings from Spurs and City?

I really hope things don’t get too ugly.
I knew we'd lose but I didn't expect it to be this bad. City will murder us. I'm not sure about Spurs because they're not much good either.

Pickle85

Are you happy with what you see on daily basis ? Because from what I see of majority of math going fans Ole is still a darling..

Or the hundred or so that left at 60th minute?
I don't think anyone that watched that as a United fan would be happy but I also know that I would MUCH rather be part of a fanbase that continued to support a club legend as opposed to mobbing his car. I don't think that many still believe in their heart of hearts that Ole is the man to take the club forward but I am also proud that our fans retain their humanity and stay loyal. It doesn't mean supporting his continued employment. It means staying classy.

NewDawnFades

We are not going to sack a manager - let alone one who is a club legend, in October, not a chance. Why are people acting surprised? He was a long term appointment, and we invested heavily in signings for him. He will likely see out the season until out of contention for big prizes and UCL qualification.

We're not Chelsea.

Pickle85

Ive had to stop myself from responding to them as Ill be banned.
Ridiculous, isn't it. There's an absolute world of difference between accepting mediocrity and harassing, insulting and belittling a club legend.

Ralph1386

I don't think it matters how the players would react. Whether they dig in to give their all or give up on the manager, you'll just get different variations of underperformance.
You don’t think the more ambitious players could react behind the scenes? When we lost to Liverpool three years ago, I remember hearing that a senior player made some calls behind the scenes saying that we couldn’t go on with Mourinho, and he got the sack shortly after.

Nero

Ridiculous, isn't it. There's an absolute world of difference between accepting mediocrity and harassing, insulting and belittling a club legend.
Some people on here almost seem annoyed he's not getting his car trashed like from those vile Barcelona fans.