How would the players and fans react tomorrow if the board backs Ole?

largelyworried

This can't be real can it? He was seriously posing for selfies after losing 5-0 to Liverpool... at home?!
The fans always line up there for autographs and pictures, have done for years. Not just for the manager but the players too. Half the time its families, maybe their kids want their match day programme signing. He was just trying to be kind to the fans that stuck it out, I don't think there's anything to criticise.

padzilla

Hipster
The fans always line up there for autographs and pictures, have done for years. Not just for the manager but the players too. Half the time its families, maybe their kids want their match day programme signing. He was just trying to be kind to the fans that stuck it out, I don't think there's anything to criticise.
He's being cynical as hell staying onside with the fans by signing autographs and getting selfies with them. All he has do is give a slight wave of acknowledgement to them.

largelyworried

He's being cynical as hell staying onside with the fans by signing autographs and getting selfies with them. All he has do is give a slight wave of acknowledgement to them.
They've waited after the game to see the manager and players long after the other fans have left, it'd be a dick move not to do it. As I say its a tradition after every game.

Pickle85

He can't win. If he had waved and walked past we'd have people like you saying "they stayed to the end of that shite. The least he can do is sign an autograph or two."

AFC NimbleThumb

Couldn't agree more.
If I could formulate my words better I’d begin a thread on it but I honestly feel there’s there’s some perverse martyrdom amongst certain sections who can’t get over the ‘glory hunter’ monicker thrown at us for years so they think standing by OgS through this barren period will make it all worthwhile when it suddenly clicks but I genuinely feel this blind faith & acceptance of mediocrity will be just as damaging as anything LVG, Moyes & Jose did.

He’s bought a few good players with £400+mil & won nothing, that isn’t exceptional & shouldn’t be acceptable. We’ve allowed this to happen.

padzilla

Hipster
He can't win. If he had waved and walked past we'd have people like you saying "they stayed to the end of that shite. The least he can do is sign an autograph or two."
So what? He should have been in there handing out P45s to the players instead he's playing the politician outside currying favour and cultivating his nice guy image to ensure the board take it easy on him.

Pickle85

So what? He should have been in there handing out P45s to the players instead he's playing the politician outside currying favour and cultivating his nice guy image to ensure the board take it easy on him.
There's plenty of things to go after him for but this really is not one of them. I think he needs to go but criticizing him for signing autographs is silly.

AFC NimbleThumb

He ‘can’ win though, but that would be on the pitch. The fact people are discussing him signing/not signing autographs is only an issue because of how badly he’s doing. It should be irrelevant.

Pickle85

He ‘can’ win though, but that would be on the pitch. The fact people are discussing him signing/not signing autographs is only an issue because of how badly he’s doing. It should be irrelevant.
I agree that we should be talking about what happened on the pitch. This sort of non issue is nonsense and just people looking for sticks to beat him with.

padzilla

Hipster
If the board don't sack him in the coming days then I don't see why there shouldn't be protests about the board - but large sections of our fans seem to love Ole so much it doesn't matter how bad it gets they will never turn on him.

It's like they are Solksjaer supporters first and United fans second.

It's actually cringe-inducing at this stage every moment that continues to pass with a glorified mascot for manager.

AFC NimbleThumb

If the board don't sack him in the coming days then I don't see why there shouldn't be protests about the board - but large sections of our fans seem to love Ole so much it doesn't matter how bad it gets they will never turn on him.

It's like they are Solksjaer supporters first and United fans second.

It's actually cringe-inducing at this stage every moment that continues to pass with a glorified mascot for manager.
I’ve been saying this. The pro-OgS contingent can’t genuinely be so for the betterment of the club at this point.

Winrar

Ole admitted after the Leicester game that he, after given 3 years and plenty of backing, does not know the solution to the problems we're having. That alone should have been a sackable offense but here we are. It looks like he's lost the dressing room as well, and the lack of discipline shows on the pitch as a result.

He's clearly a dead man walking and thus I will treat the rest of the season as dead rubber until he walks.

romufc

He is a dead man walking to us the fans who support and want United to do well.

For the board, he is the perfect puppet, will smile when things not going his way, will continue to make excuses and never say anything.

He needs to go, anyone with any sort of footballing knowledge should realise this. 3 Awful performances in 1 week.

If a manager cannot get a team up for their biggest rivals, he will not get a team up for any other team.

He cannot make the hard decisions, trying to play his favourites every time.

Rashford, Greenwood are so lazy of the ball its unbelievable, yet they get picked.

padzilla

Hipster
Ole admitted after the Leicester game that he, after given 3 years and plenty of backing, does not know how to get the best out of this team. That alone should have been a sackable offense but here we are. It looks like he's lost the dressing room as well, and the lack of discipline shows on the pitch as a result.

He's clearly a dead man walking and thus I will treat the rest of the season as dead rubber until he walks.
There's still plenty of time for a manager who knows what he is doing to salvage something from the season, Tuchel came in to Chelsea in January and won the Champions League.
If we persist with Solksjaer then we won't be in the Champions League come January never mind challenge for it!

Winrar

There's still plenty of time for a manager who knows what he is doing to salvage something from the season, Tuchel came in to Chelsea in January and won the Champions League.
If we persist with Solksjaer then we won't be in the Champions League come January never mind challenge for it!
That's the crazy thing isn't it - with a proper change in management we still have enough quality players to have a crack at the CL, and there's the FA Cup to play for next year as well however insignificant some people think it is.

If we fruitlessly persist with Ole then we can kiss all that goodbye.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I’ve been saying this. The pro-OgS contingent can’t genuinely be so for the betterment of the club at this point.
It's not Pro-Ole. It's Pro-Manager stance that people take no matter what. There were few who wanted Moyes to get more time, Van gaal to get more time, Jose even when he was about to be sacked had support with players getting lot of shit and now Ole has lot of support.

I mean it's good to support manager but there should be a limit to that. He is just an employee at the club and should be easily replaceable, more easily than players.

slored1

I have decided to stop watching until he goes. No point in wasting two hours of my life to feel more miserable every week.

RedDevilQuebecois

It's not Pro-Ole. It's Pro-Manager stance that people take no matter what. There were few who wanted Moyes to get more time, Van gaal to get more time, Jose even when he was about to be sacked had support with players getting lot of shit and now Ole has lot of support.

I mean it's good to support manager but there should be a limit to that. He is just an employee at the club and should be easily replaceable, more easily than players.
In retrospect, the part about supporting the manager in that last speech from SAF was arguably one of his biggest mistakes. The reality about the (lack of) security on managerial jobs was always going to change with more and more sackings; there is no way to romanticize it. I wish SAF did not say it because we need to rely upon our own critical thinking, and there comes a point when logic says enough is enough.

AFC NimbleThumb

For sure there’s an element of SAFs, ‘support the manager’ still about this but the OgS support has been different.

During his tenure people have actively lowered expectations & justified numerous defeats to validate his time here. The ‘Happier than Jose’s squad’ trophy seems to have become a thing. You couldn’t question anything he’s done because ‘progress’ but when you asked what progress is, people refer to such things . . . the squad being happier than Jose’s.

In particular though, people have said it’s ok to lose to Sevilla & then Villareal in similar fashion [he was out managed despite far greater resources] because the Europa League is insignificant & we’ll be ready for better shortly which I genuinely don’t believe would have been accepted under the previous 3. The Leicester loss in the FA Cup last season was as quickly brushed over.

The limit to supporting this manager has no bounds for some & has in fact been to the detriment of the club.

Real Name

I just hope nobody thinks Ole should have been harassed like Koeman did.

In any case if Ole stays nothing will happen.

roonster09

Scout
For sure there’s an element of SAFs, ‘support the manager’ still about this but the OgS support has been different.

During his tenure people have actively lowered expectations & justified numerous defeats to validate his time here. The ‘Happier than Jose’s squad’ trophy seems to have become a thing. You couldn’t question anything he’s done because ‘progress’ but when you asked what progress is, people refer to such things . . . the squad being happier than Jose’s.

In particular though, people have said it’s ok to lose to Sevilla & then Villareal in similar fashion [he was out managed despite far greater resources] because the Europa League is insignificant & we’ll be ready for better shortly which I genuinely don’t believe would have been accepted under the previous 3. The Leicester loss in the FA Cup last season was as quickly brushed over.

The limit to supporting this manager has no bounds for some & has in fact been to the detriment of the club.
I agree with most of what you are saying but we had pro manager camps all the time who reduced expectations. It all depends on whether the poster like the manager.

For example, there are posters who talk about expectations and good football now, they used to defend Jose saying we have midtable squad and shouldn't expect anything but midtable finish, also how we have to back manager.

Anyways I hope we get some news on his sacking, cant take this anymore.

Litch

I guess it will be the same if he was sacked....50/50. This is the problem and why it will be a slow death. The fan base is divided, the players are probably divided, Ole is not making himself redundant from his dream job and the Glazers are not sacking a manager that they have invested in. New manager comes in and has to sort out as bigger pile of shite as Jose, just smells different.....

L1nk

I'm wide awake, mate. There is not even a quarter of the season gone and impatient fans are already calling for Ole's head. Short memories.
You’re on a wind up surely, you’re wide awake with your head in the sand. You think this is all down to the first quarter of this season? This has been 3 seasons worth of shite culminating to this moment, we’ve had good, even great moments sure, but it’s always felt like there was just papering over the cracks and now its showing more than ever. Grt off your f’ing high horse you Top Red

AFC NimbleThumb

I agree with most of what you are saying but we had pro manager camps all the time who reduced expectations. It all depends on whether the poster like the manager.

For example, there are posters who talk about expectations and good football now, they used to defend Jose saying we have midtable squad and shouldn't expect anything but midtable finish, also how we have to back manager.

Anyways I hope we get some news on his sacking, cant take this anymore.
I was only a lurker then but yes, Jose definitely had his disciples.

It’s kind of like arguing over the difference between horse manure & pig shit at this point though cause OgS simply needs to vacate the position.

RUCK4444

Fair enough. Was you at the game? My nephew was there. I texted him yesterday evening to offer some moral support and he texted back 'It was awful, fans were turning on each other fighting. It's time to go for Ole'. He's only a kid, felt really sorry for him.
I didn't go this weekend as I'm working away but can imagine there were large sections very unhappy, rightly so with that result, I would have been one of them.

I'm not even saying I would have been one of them at the stadium still singing at 85 minutes in, but I just don't like to see loyal support mocked. You take those fans out of that stadium and it would have zero atmosphere, they are incredible fans, our away support is also first class.

roonster09

Scout
I was only a lurker then but yes, Jose definitely had his disciples.

It’s kind of like arguing over the difference between horse manure & pig shit at this point though cause OgS simply needs to vacate the position.
Yeah, any serious club he would have been sacked long back.

Anyways I have 0 expectations from this club to do anything.

Frank Grimes

You’re on a wind up surely, you’re wide awake with your head in the sand. You think this is all down to the first quarter of this season? This has been 3 seasons worth of shite culminating to this moment, we’ve had good, even great moments sure, but it’s always felt like there was just papering over the cracks and now its showing more than ever. Grt off your f’ing high horse you Top Red
3 seasons, yes and we've shown improvement in every one. Yes, yesterday was disappointing but time to shake ourselves off and look forward. Ole's a legend of the club and deseves respect.

AFC NimbleThumb

Fair enough. Was you at the game? My nephew was there. I texted him yesterday evening to offer some moral support and he texted back 'It was awful, fans were turning on each other fighting. It's time to go for Ole'. He's only a kid, felt really sorry for him.
My mate went & said it wasn’t as supportive as is being made out on TV, he left after the Pogba red but said there was a lot of unrest in the stands.

Real Name

3 seasons, yes and we've shown improvement in every one. Yes, yesterday was disappointing but time to shake ourselves off and look forward. Ole's a legend of the club and deseves respect.
Jesus Christ mate.
You dont believe your own eyes it seems.

OlsensHummelBoots

The board will keep Ole until the end of the season or until United are out of the running for 4th place (what an aspiration by the way).

They backed him in July with a new contract on the strength of a 2nd placed finish in the weakest Premier League for a while. Performances last season were disjointed and I'm struggling to remember when they last put 90 minutes together to dominate a match?

The Europa Cup Final did it for me, although I've been swept up with the excitement of the new signings. United have regressed, unfortunately Ole isn't the man to get United where they need to be.

Westerkerk

Am I really reading that people think it's right, and are actually envious, of the Barca fans swarming Koemans car intimidatingly like that? That it's to be respected? That sort of behaviour should be nowhere near society let alone football. This is a team playing a game of organised sports, for fecks sake, bot a political uprising. I don't want my kids anywhere near that sort of behaviour as we walk out of Old Trafford. I'd be ashamed, and football culture has long since stopped surprising me.

If you're saying that, you're not thinking correctly - if viewing United fans doing that in some online video would satisfy your current anger at the situation I feel sorry for you as a person. I believe Ole is done here, in that he's done what he can and we need to kick on now with a better manager, and I believe he should go today, but I'm not going to stand on Chester Road slapping his car at the lights and shouting obscenities. That does not mean you are a 'weak fan', it just means you are a normally functioning human in society.

Lebowski

And here we can see a proper convert of the church of Ole. United's PR are definitely getting a bonus after their absolute masterclass of making our fans turn against other fans who actually remember what it is to have standards.
See, this is what I'm talking about. I didn't mention anything about Ole yet here you are rambling about being a 'convert to the church of Ole'.

I know emotions are high after a day like yesterday, but stuff like this is just weird.