How would you rate the signing of Casemiro?

Revan

Assumptionman
He has had an overall very good season, probably our second best player after Rashford.

Of course, a lot depends in how he plays in other seasons to really be able to answer this question.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Wasn’t it €70m? So about £60m?

Just because Sky Sports like to think they can just change the currency symbol and inflate fees doesn’t make them accurate.

And yes.

PoTMS

Wasn’t it €70m? So about £60m?

Just because Sky Sports like to think they can just change the currency symbol and inflate fees doesn’t make them accurate.

And yes.
£70m including add ons.

KeanoMagicHat

Of course he has, he's miles better than what we had before in that position. He's done his job, much better than what was there previously. Isn't that the whole point of transfers, buying players that greatly improve your team? His defensive positioning is light years better than McTominay and Fred.

I feel people really take him for granted, and forget just how terrible McTominay-Fred midfield was. We went from mid-table midfielders to Champions League level midfielder. Even last week only he scored the winning goal and carried the midfield!

We would not be in the top 4 without Casemiro this season. Also you're adding £10 million onto his price seemingly to make a point.

HookedOnAPhelan

Of course. Dip in form recently (though excellent performances in the wins against Villa and Bournemouth), but yeah, he's been absolutely vital for us getting top 4 this season.

Our second best signing after Martinez, who's been phenomenal throughout.

Ekeke

Hard to say after a single season. But he's certainly on target, with the red cards being the only real blemish

dove

Yes... Although ideally we would have someone better playing alongside him so he wouldn't have to carry entire midfield on his own.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
The guy is our best player, but 60 million was to much, I think he has shown his age in the second half of the season, and we already need to think about replacing him. that’s not a good sign for a 60 million player.

But then we probably wouldn’t be in the champions league without him. So maybe it’s worth it.

so tricky. Really what we need is better recruitment and scouting so we arn’t just spending 60 million on a player who is already past there prime

ManRed

Didnt the sky pundit give him 'signing of the season'. Anyways he has been our 2nd best signing after the butcher. Embarrassing thread really

Rockets Redglare

He’s been out most important player, you just need to see the drop off in the entire team when he’s not available.

We wouldn’t have got top four or won the league cup without him.

Pintu

Yes. I'd argue he's probably in our top 5 best transfers since SAF...

Red Rash

Based on how his first season has gone the answer is yes but we need to see him keep this level for a few seasons to be a successful transfer.

Generally been one of our best player alongside Martinez, Rashford and Shaw. I'd give him a 7.5 out of 10 due to a slight drop in form after the suspension. Even then he is clearly our best CM by far.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Martinez couldn't start the last game...

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
No way that we would finish 4th (or even win LC) without him. So yes, no matter what happens next, this was 60 mil well spent.

klsv

The guy is our best player, but 60 million was to much, I think he has shown his age in the second half of the season, and we already need to think about replacing him. that’s not a good sign for a 60 million player.
Showing his age, really? How? Dip in form for a few games?

Biggins

Are there really some people holding the red cards against Cas?

The first one was a joke. The second one was simply unlucky as his leg bounced of the ball.

Crucial player for us, great character and 10/10 signing for me.

lex talionis

He was 30 when he joined us and didn't come cheap, but has there ever been a signing that has been such a perfect fit and has had such a direct impact as Casemiro? Shoot!
"Ever" is a long time and if we go back far enough I can think of Keane, Cantona, Ruud, Rio, Ronaldo, Rooney. Vidic had a few wobbles in his first few months but become a colossus before long. But the point is very well taken that Casemiro was an inspired acquisition

Manncunian

That's a bit personal. I thought the idea was to debate the post, not to attack the poster.
Edit. Prefer peace.

Also, two threads have been merged, causing confusion. The OP of this thread isn’t the one people were taking issue with.

Last edited:

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Casemiro has been a resounding success. Also, OP is completely justified in asking the question (or is the caf becoming RAWK?)