How would you rate the signing of Casemiro?

FerociousCorgis

still think such a weird season for him. Kinda funny in that the crowd that thinks casemiro is too old/slow for the league could prob point to plenty of examples, and the crowd that thinks he is still a top DM and still has plenty left in the tank could also point to plenty of examples. For me i think we have one more year of Case being a starting DM. Not sure after next season we can count on him as a starter. He def needs a new starter next to him because i believe a case/eriksen starting midfield next year is suicide.

Kag

He’s the best central midfielder I’ve watched at the club aside from an early ‘00s Scholes. Even then, completely different players.

Superb footballer, and we need a good few more like him.

Darlington Padgett

still think such a weird season for him. Kinda funny in that the crowd that thinks casemiro is too old/slow for the league could prob point to plenty of examples, and the crowd that thinks he is still a top DM and still has plenty left in the tank could also point to plenty of examples. For me i think we have one more year of Case being a starting DM. Not sure after next season we can count on him as a starter. He def needs a new starter next to him because i believe a case/eriksen starting midfield next year is suicide.
He missed 8 games due to suspension and I think that affected the perception of how good he was. He clearly plays much better with Martinez starting the attacks instead of him, unfortunately as soon as Casemiro came back Martinez got injured.

Prodigy24

Very close to 10/10 until the suspensions ruined his momentum. Was absolutely incredible before that and was the most important player in the starting eleven.

al.gabiru

I said, before he was hired, that he was the best DMC in the world. Much better than Kanté. Five UCL titles, nothing to say

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Our most important player. World class. Difference maker. Licha might be more consistent but in terms of importance No one comes close

December_16

10/10

I don’t even fault him for the red cards and suspensions, as I felt he was unfairly targeted. We need many more players like him if we are to challenge for the big prizes.

pogbasformerbarber

We don't make CL without him.
This...and that fact alone makes him one of the most important signings since SAF and a 10/10 for me. It was critical we make CL to get the type of players this summer to truly move forward with our progress. I was scratching my head a bit when we got him, but he was immense for our overall season.

Orange Tree

9/10.

His form dipped a bit after being sent off twice. Maybe he felt targeted by the refs, maybe seeing us fallen off the title race got to him.
He is getting back to form now.

Ralph1386

9/10.
If it wasn’t for the suspension that stopped his momentum it’d have been an easy 10/10.

suheilsworld

Case is on the chase! Big man, big player, colossal presence and unwavering spirit and attitude! We’ll need a good back up for him next season to keep him fresh in league and CL and rest him for cup runs

cyril C

Here’s the thing Casemeiro cost you personally nothing so why do you care about his price tag and Eriksen is a number 8/10 yet has only scored 1 goal in his pomp at spurs he was getting double figures, he has had a few assists but he still cost £10m per year on our accounts because of his wages, personally I’d buy Sergei Milinkosavic who would get 10-12 goals like KDB and Odegard, Eriksen was a smart signing but I wanted more goals from him. This united team lacks goals so to have a CDM that wants to try and score is a huge bonus.
Casemiro cost me nothing, but cost the CLub a lot. You sound like as if 100m on this and another 100m on that is OK. The big mistakes that this Club made in past decade, is spending, or more appropriately, wasting money on "useless" players, instead of players who can contribute to the team. Was Sanchez a useless player, he was toxic. Was Pogba a useless player, perhaps less but too many ups and downs. We were going round in circle on team development and have to find replacement every 2-3 seasons. I can accept Bailey Lindelof type of mistakes, but not Maguire, VDB, Fellini mistakes, when they clearly, 100%, doesn't suit our style.

Again, every m that we spent on a player that is useless, there is 1m less for the right recruitment. You only have to look at Chelsea in past 2 seasons, full squad of good players, but can't find their Best 11.

Red Rash

8.5 out of 10

Naturally took a few games to get going but then was insanely good until the suspension. Had a bit of a drop in form by his standards but then put in some good performances in the last few games.

The step up in quality between him and Fred / McTominay duo from last season is huge even when Casemiro isn't having the best game.

Also has contributed well in terms of goals and assists, much better than I expected. Gotta love his mentality and leadership too.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
season-defining. except for the red cards, he's been excellent. a few duff games - and at times I wasn't sure he was injury-free, but made a huge difference to us. I guess he'll romp away with the player of the season although I think Martinez might be my choice for the total calm he and Varane have brought to the back four compared to the past 3-4 years

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
season-defining. except for the red cards, he's been excellent. a few duff games - and at times I wasn't sure he was injury-free, but made a huge difference to us. I guess he'll romp away with the player of the season although I think Martinez might be my choice for the total calm he and Varane have brought to the back four compared to the past 3-4 years. Plus, I think I'm right in saying he scored only one fewer goals than our "number 9"!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Scored in the League Cup final to win our first trophy in 6 years, then virtually single handedly dragged us over the line for top4 in the last couple weeks with goals & assists from defensive midfield despite everyone saying he’s been crap since his return.

For that alone he’s been a massive success, even disregarding that he was our best player for long spells in the middle of the season. That there’s even a debate about this is ridiculous.

He’s also apparently our best and only aerial threat from set peices… which is incredible, but also probably bad.

Whether he can keep it up for another few years is a legit question, but we don’t get top 4 without him, which was invaluable for the teams progression, so that has to be considered a success eitherway.

Bob Contact

Driving to Festivus with all the windows down
I think if we hadn't signed him then no top 4, no trophy and no FA final to look forward to/dread.

A slow start and suspensions robbed him of consistency at points (I think he seems to need to be playing week in week out to keep at it, his down periods have been at the start of the season and after the suspensions) but he has generally been superb. Assumed he was good but he's a much better player than I thought we were getting. Also, kicking back into beast mode right when we need him to have the game of his life!

Plays similarly to Keane and one of the few players we've had over the last decade that I could see in a Fergie team.

Woziak

Casemiro cost me nothing, but cost the CLub a lot. You sound like as if 100m on this and another 100m on that is OK. The big mistakes that this Club made in past decade, is spending, or more appropriately, wasting money on "useless" players, instead of players who can contribute to the team. Was Sanchez a useless player, he was toxic. Was Pogba a useless player, perhaps less but too many ups and downs. We were going round in circle on team development and have to find replacement every 2-3 seasons. I can accept Bailey Lindelof type of mistakes, but not Maguire, VDB, Fellini mistakes, when they clearly, 100%, doesn't suit our style.

Again, every m that we spent on a player that is useless, there is 1m less for the right recruitment. You only have to look at Chelsea in past 2 seasons, full squad of good players, but can't find their Best 11.
That’s not what I’m saying, the moron who bought A Sanchez, A Di Maria and Pogba is no longer at the club, I judge last year with ETH and JM as controlling figures with regard to Transfers and it’s one of the best windows we’ve had in ages, Ericsen 14 goal involvements in 39 games and he was free, L Martinez at £47m raising to £56m very good, Mallacia fine at £12m and Casemiro a CDM with 13 goal involvements in 45 games at £60m, money we’ll spent, huge improvement add Fred whose got 12 goal involvements and ETH has made him an effective squad player, only Antony looks like we’ve over spent which we did. I don’t care what it costs this summer to make United a force again, Antony is out for 2-3 months so we need to think about summer recruitment we can’t start next season after two games with 0 points again, we just can’t !

If the club wants to outbid Arsenal or City for M Caciedo or D Rice and it’s £85-95m I’m all for it because they are both young and it’s an 8-10 year investment, if we spend £100-120m on Harry Kane that’s too much as we can get him free In 12 months and go buy R Hojlund now for £45m

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I thought Madrid were selling us a dud at first. How wrong was I, he’s been absolutely immense.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
"Ever" is a long time and if we go back far enough I can think of Keane, Cantona, Ruud, Rio, Ronaldo, Rooney. Vidic had a few wobbles in his first few months but become a colossus before long. But the point is very well taken that Casemiro was an inspired acquisition
Van Persie should be in your list I think.

jem

He's been amazing - it's surreal how his critics on this thread go quiet once he starts playing well again.

talking robot

Has been great all season and got us over the line for champions’s league qualification at the end

Lee565

Worth the money considering we have ucl football and doubt it would have happened without him, he has actually made us look half threatening from set pieces for the first time since mourinho spell