How would you rate United's 19/20 Season?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Some positive signs but needs lot of work to close the gap.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Really good. We are finally heading in the right direction. We aren’t there yet but finally getting somewhere.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Good in parts. Definitely encouraging and there is progress.

Well get there with more hard work and a few more key signings.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Its long and arduous.
CL is a bonus based on other clubs not being so good.

Lots of work to do.
Lots of players to be shipped out and we need 4 quality player's in.

Raw

First half 2/10, second half 8/10.

Encouraging signs coming into next season, but we absolutely need to sort out our terrible depth. Overall we can and should be doing better, but I like what I see.

BaneIsPain

7/10. Better than expected at the end. We could do better with transfer. Getting 3 semifinals and 3rd place are not bad for first full season of Ole.

Jacob

I'd rate it Bruno.

Baby steps in the right direction but it will take years of good recruitment to surpass Liverpool.

Ole is transforming the squad in the right direction but we're running desperately thin. Even more so when we get rid of the deadwood; Bailly, Jones, Rojo, Lingard, Mata, James etc.

Leg-End

If we kick on from this it’s a 6/10, so much potential to improve. This transfer window is so crucial, if we don’t buy right then it’s going to be the same thing moving forward.

Irwin99

I'm unconvinced in the long term but honestly, after where we were in January, to get to three semi-finals and 3rd is actually pretty good. Not good enough for a club like United in the long run but WAY better than expected after the first half of the season. Let's see where we go from here and maybe we're on the right track.

7/10 (extra point for the big improvement since Bruno signed)

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Obviously, poor for United's standards. No trophies, or even finals. Long way off doing anything in the league.

4/10.

BiggusCrickus

Glass half full. There is something there but dont think we got the right manager to fill up the glass. Also we need to sell off alot of deadwood and replace it with some talent

Yagami

Good post resistant

We achieved the bare minimum. No trophies, no cohesive football.

Drainy

as a season for a club of the stature of Man Utd: 4/10

as a season against the objective of building towards something within the context of where we were at last season as a club: 7/10

kidbob

Encouraging
Perfect word to describe it. Not brilliant by any means, not shite and for the first time in a long time there's reason for positivity. Make the right moves in the transfer market and develop a couple of young lads in the right way (looking at Laird in particular) and we are going to be even better. First time since Fergie that I've been positive about the club.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
6 or 7 out of 10. 3 semi finals is okay but disappointing we couldn't get to one final. We played over 60 players and it seems they ran out of steam.

Top 4 was the most important thing and we did it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Considering where we were in January, very good.

There are signs that this side can improve and push on but oh man we need options who can come in, and a clear out.

Charles Ufarley

Got better as it went along. Encouraging overall, but important to improve again next season.

siw2007

I would give it 6.5/10. It certainly isn't a terrible year, we have shown encouraging signs with the improvements in the team and individuals, we have got champions league for next year, we have had 3 good cup runs. I can't rate it any higher as we have been far too inconsistent throughout the year and haven't got any trophies to show for it.

Chairman Steve

6/10

That first half of the season was abysmal and I honestly thought OGS was a dead man walking after the Burnley loss, with Bruno being his last chance. He has pulled it around but the last few games have been an endurance after the first XI got ran into the ground.

Revan

Assumptionman
Mourinho’s first two seasons were 7/10, this and LVG’s two seasons were 6/10, Moyes was 1/10, last year was a 4 or 5.

Encouraging though. Second half of the season is arguably the best since SAF left.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Minimum requirement.
A lot of improvement needed, both in the playing staff and the coaching staff. The squad is an obvious one, but Ole needs to do better especially in-game.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Given our mood back in August, the early long term injuries to Pogba and Rashford, and our status in January, 3rd place and 3 semi finals is the absolute maximum output we were capable of.

Lots of positives and a great platform for next year. But we will require some first XI players improvements, reduction in conceded goals from set pieces, and better finishing from our attackers.

All things considered, 7/10.

Last edited:

foolsgold

Bright spots, Greenwood and Williams moving towards the first team, Bruno , Pogba post lockdown seemingly playing football again. Martial in the best sustained form he's had at United. Moving on Sanchez. Champions league football. Maguire and AWB settling in very quickly.

Not so bright spots. De Gea being flakey, 3 semi final defeats. The league form first half of the season.

All up, many more positives than negatives. Rome wasn't built in a day, but I'm happy that we're moving in the right direction in a sustainable fashion. Ole growing into the job well. Looking forward to next season.

SirScholes

6.5/10
Decent rebuild and the idea of deadwood being sold is good
Main worries is there doesn’t seem to be a style of play
More just lets put the best 11 out and see what happens

Idxomer

The 1st half of the season was so bad, the 2nd one was much better but the team flopped in all the cups, and there are clear signs the manager isn't the man to takes that extra step with the team which makes me not confident about the next season.

4/10 sounds about right for me.

Last edited:

Wanderlust_09

6/10, although the way things ended (FA cup exit, Europa exit, and our performances int eh last few PL games )makes me feel the season ended somewhat on a bitter note.
We clearly need to strengthen depth especially in wide areas. And given the competitive nature of the PL, this season's performance is no guarantee that we finish in the top 4 next season.

spiriticon

6/10. Great league finish (by the skin of our teeth), should have done better in the cups

Darlington Padgett

6/10 nothing to celebrate but slowly moving forward. We need 3-4 players to compete maybe more to win the league.

GorgeousGeorge

In his first season we get to three semi finals, best City and Chelsea 3 times a piece, come third in the league, the best point record from Xmas onwards, youngest team in the league, most youth products played in a single season for decades, player improvements across the board, new recruitment ethos for singing some of the best youth players on the planet and most of the deadwood ‘nearly’ cleared out.

All things considered, it’s been a remarkable and fantastic season. With a few key players brought we’ll be back in businesses. The future is bright, the future is Olé!

Last edited: