How would you spend Pogba and Lukaku money?

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by MaxiPaxi, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Jun 26, 2019

ATXRedDevil Full Member

Havertz (110m pounds) can play right wing or attacking mid/no. 10.
    Barrella (50m pounds)
    Longstaff (30m pounds)
    Yedder (35m pounds)
    225m

Apparently, even if the 100m is true, we'd still have some money left over to buy another CB this season, also (only spend 60m up front on AWB and James).

Alternatively, get Rabiot on a free instead of Barella and throw 90m at Ajax for De Ligt.

Buy Sancho next summer.
  2. Jun 27, 2019

devilish Juventus fan who used to support United

Lets say we'll get 200m out of the pair (130m out of Pogba and 70m out of Lukaku) then I'd go

Partey (43.5m)
    Tonali (20m)
    Bruno Fernandes (60m)
    Ziyech(40m)
    Haller (30m)
  3. Jun 27, 2019

Bestietom Full Member

Partey
    Van de Beek
    Fernandes
    CB
    CF
  4. Jul 8, 2019

Fer Full Member

If we sell Pogba, we would need 2 midfielders at least.

CAM: Havertz is the dream, but someone like Fernandes, Maddison or Eriksen are more realistic.

RW: Sancho is the dream, but I would be happy with Chiesa or even Pepe.

CDM: Rice, Ndidi, Barella, Neves, etc. There are young players who could do a decent job there.

We could even sell the deadwood (Rojo, Darmian,...) And use the rest of our transfer kit for a top CB.
  5. Jul 8, 2019

Havak Pokemon master

I can see the club not re-investing the majority of this money really... And looking at the rumoured signings I'd expect that to be the case actually. For what it's worth, I think we'll get more like £130m for Pogba, but I'll go with the £150m for the sake of the thread. This is what I'd do personally assuming certain players just aren't available and I can see it not being too far off:

Sell: Lukaku (£75m), Pogba (£150m), Darmian (£10m), Rojo (£10m), Valencia (Free), Herrera (Free)
    Total: £245m

Buy: James (£15m), Wan-Bissaka (£45m), Longstaff (£20m), Alderweireld (£25m), Fernandes (£50m), Ben Yedder (£35m)
    Total: £190m

I think that gives us a good enough platform to finish 4th and leaves us £55m in the green, not even touching the supposed £100m+ transfer kitty for the Summer. Of course, if there was another CB available and we could break the bank for say, Sancho, then I'd love us to sign him and fill that void on the right wing. Maguire looks very possible, but I personally don't want him at United. I'd love De Ligt but I think it's out of the question that he comes to United for example. If this really was fantasy league (I assume that's the general gist of this thread), then I'd probably just blow £80m+ on Sancho and try to twist Dortmund's arm. I don't think I'd 'settle' for Maguire, I'd roll with Lindelof + Alderweireld for 2-3 years, developing Tuanzebe and trying to find the next big thing at CB after De Ligt while we get the last top seasons out of Toby.

Although, someone I really want us to sign is Ndidi. He'd probably be available for anywhere between £40-60m I suppose? Him and Sancho added to that buy list would be awesome, though I think we'd still be missing maybe one quality CM.
  6. Jul 8, 2019

kkengvib New Member

Regardless of how we spend the money, we need to make sure we spend it before we actually make those sales official to the public.
    We're already getting rinsed as is... last thing we need is the selling clubs to know we have big holes to fill for both positions and an extra 200m+ in our transfer budget
  7. Jul 8, 2019

El Zoido Full Member

Everyone knows we have money and are desperate regardless of what happens with Pogba and Lukaku.
  8. Jul 8, 2019

El Presidente New Member

If we actually manage to make a profit on this window, I think I won't even bother with the new season. This club is sinking so fast and this transfer window should have been a matter of life and death. And what do we do? We feck it up. Gloriously.
  9. Jul 8, 2019

TwoSheds More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

I'd buy:

Van de Beek
    Olmo (never seen him, just like the sound of the player)
    Fernandes
    De Ligt / Zouma / Alderweireld / Romagnoli / Bonucci (any 2 out of 5 ideally)
    Ben Yedder

Get rid:
    Rojo
    Bailly
    Darmian
    Mata (except he's signed a new contract)

Let go for the right offer:
    Pogba (£120m)
    Lukaku (£60m)
    Martial (£40m)
    Lingard (£20m)
    Jones if we get 2 CBs in (£15m)
    Matic (£15m)
    Both Pereiras (£10m)
    Sanchez (£0)

And with any luck we could get Sancho and a LB (Telles?) next year and have a top team in the making.
  10. Jul 8, 2019

R'hllor Full Member

I would spend it on kicking out section of players and paying their contracts off.
  11. Jul 8, 2019

Smores Full Member

I find it weird when people post their desired signings and it's just whoever we've been linked with essentially. Two months ago it was Rice in every line up now it's Longstaff
  12. Jul 8, 2019

iHicksy Full Member

I'd say we feck off all this young english talent lark (Maguire 85m...etc) and go after the 19-22 year olds that are likely to be the next big thing in the french/german leagues. Buy 2 in each position. 2 up and coming central defenders, 2 centre mids, and a centre forward. We might not be instantly competitive but i'd rather that then spend crazy money on one or two players who aren't really worth it.
  13. Jul 8, 2019

dove Full Member

Stadium refurbishment. We suck at buying players so what's the point.
  14. Jul 8, 2019

red4ever 79 New Member

Let's assume we sold them and got 200m for them both combined. 2 CM 1 ST and 1 RW would be the ideal scenario for me.
  15. Jul 8, 2019

el3mel Full Member

2 midfielders and a striker.
  16. Jul 8, 2019

Devil1 BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter

I’m surprised to see so many saying Ben Yedder would be a good signing- he’s looked very average when I’ve seen him. West Ham standard IMO.
  17. Jul 8, 2019

spaceboyRSA Full Member

Pogba= Dybala and 75 Mill

Lukaku= 75 Mill

Total cash 150 Mill

Splash that on De Ligt (assuming Juve dont get him... not sure they can afford him and Pogba on top of existing signings) and Partey or similar.

Wrap up Fernandes/ Maddison and Maguire.

Then I stop drinking because clearly this wont happen.
  18. Jul 8, 2019

Negative Red New Member

I'd go for Ndidi, Fernandes, Lozano and Haller. Not sure how much you'd be looking at for those though.
  19. Jul 8, 2019

UpWithRivers Full Member

Assuming CB funds are separate and we get around 200 for Lukaku and Pogba -
    Bruno - 60
    Eriksen - 80
    Pepe - 60

---------De Gea
    WB---Maguire--Lindelof--Shaw--
    ---Bruno--Matic--Eriksen--
    --Pepe--Rashford--Martial

Would do Nicely......Might get over run against some teams but McTominay can come in if needed
  20. Jul 8, 2019

VanGaalyTime Full Member

I'm almost at that point too. I was there last season when I was explaining how badly we needed a CB and we refused to invest. I'll still support them and check their results but will do so without any hope whatsoever if we don't spend the required money. There simply has to be huge protests if we make a profit this transfer window.
  21. Jul 8, 2019

Havak Pokemon master

It would be a sad state of affairs, but if we did sell Pogba and actually got the suggested £150m for him... I would be surprised if we had a net spend of any real significance. Maybe it wouldn't be quite as 'bad' as a net profit, but almost certainly a net spend of sub £50m~ (assuming we sold Lukaku as well).
  22. Jul 8, 2019

Ikon Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Well as Dan James & AWB have already signed I'll not include them, and also as Bruno is apparently a deal that can be completed without the Lukaku/Pogba funds I wont include him either.

I am assuming that those 3 transfers could have, and will have been made from our Summer budget without the need to sell Lukaku/Pogba in order to fund them.

So in the fantasy world, we sell Lukaku/Pogba for £225m.
    I think its the general agreement that the most urgent attention needs to be RB, CB, DMC, MF & RW, and AWB takes care of the RB position, and Bruno the MF slot, so we would be looking for these three positions....

CB - Koulibaly £95m
    DMC - Neves £70m
    RW - Pepe £60m

..............................De Gea......................
    ..Wan-Bissaka....Lindelof...Koulibaly...Shaw
    ...........Fred.......Neves....Bruno...........
    .............Pepe.....Rashford.....Martial....

Even then, we'd still have at least half a dozen players that could be shown the exit door, and could possibly generate £105m of good money for another top MF.
    Darmian - £5m
    Rojo - £10m
    Bailly - £30m
    Jones - £25m
    Fosu Mensah - £5m
    Matic - £15m
    Sanchez - £15m

Selling Lukaku/Pogba could be a wonderful opportunity for United to rebuild and move forward.
  23. Jul 8, 2019

Bestietom Full Member

If we can manage to sell them. We should go for Partey, Milenkovic Savic, and Fernandes. That would be a strong midfielders for.this coming season.
  24. Jul 8, 2019

Bestietom Full Member

I would go on a binge for this season.
  25. Jul 8, 2019

Zlatattack Full Member

Assuming it's £75 and £150 million...

Fernandes, Paratey, Fekir, Werner, Pepe ---- yes know i might overspend, but we do have quite a bit of money.
  26. Jul 8, 2019

DancingPanda New Member

I would buy the rights to Yesterday, bury it and pretend it never happened.

Then focus on the midfield.
  27. Jul 8, 2019

El Presidente New Member

That's the thing that scares me the most to be honest. I don't count on our fans one bit to stand up and be more radical, because it has come to this. I'm not saying that there aren't people that are trying to voice their opinion but we will always have the top reds that are actually more harmful to the club than the board and the owners.

The sole existence of United right now is to fill Glazer's pockets. Everything else is irrelevant. It's infuriating that we are following the same pattern every year and we still have comments like "The board has to make this right" or "This is Woodward's final chance". Uhm, no mate, Woodward's final chance was years and years ago and the fact that he is still here and NOTHING has changed is a big feck you at our faces.
  28. Jul 8, 2019

Andersons Dietician Full Member

Supports:
    Supports good football
    Assuming it’s 230 mil.

Havertz 90 mil
    Ruiz 40-50mil not sure how much he’d be worth
    Sangare / florentino 40-60
    Diop 50

Personally as much as I think we do need a CB midfield looks horrid and if you take Pogba out of it we might as well phone Scholes and Becks to see if they fancy lacing up the boots.

I don’t mind buying young talents and waiting for them to come to fruition but make the plan, stick to the plan long term instead of just scrapping it again in a year or two for another short term gain manager if we aren’t setting the work a blaze.

It all just seems directionless at the moment and even if we do sell Lukaku and Pogba I have no faith at all we’d bring in the right people to replace them.
  29. Jul 8, 2019

Cee90 Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13

I’d probably buy a nicer house.
  30. Jul 8, 2019

Eric's Seagull Full Member

Say wecget £220m. Could possibly get Psrtey, Von De Beek
    As much as I would like to see Diop here I read West Ham are demanding £75m for him.
  31. Jul 8, 2019

Andersons Dietician Full Member

Supports:
    Supports good football
    Not really a fan of Partey but I do like Donny but I’d rather have Havertz.

Diop I really just put down as I was struggiling to think of a CB we could get for around 50 but if 75 is the going rate then that scuppers that plan. Ideal world I’m going for DeLigt.

Ruiz is pretty much a must for any midfield mind, the guy looks incredible.
  32. Jul 8, 2019

Champagne Football Full Member

De Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Maguire Lindelof Shaw
    Longstaff McGinn
    James Brooks Martial
    Rashford​
  33. Jul 8, 2019

Crashoutcassius Full Member

Your place is lovely pal
  34. Jul 8, 2019

Eric's Seagull Full Member

I've read quite a few people on this forum advocating Havertz and he seems to be quite highly rated but I haven't seen him so I can't pass judgement. I really like Diop and I thought at one point we would be able to get him for £50m. Which I think would be a very reasonable fee until West Ham slapped that silly fee on him, if the rumours are to be believed we could have signed him last year which I believe was a massive blunder. Think we made a big mistake with De Ligt as well as I read we were aware of him last year on the recommendation of Marcel Bout but were concerned that he would get to fat. Someone made a right feck up there mate. I agree he would be ideal.
  35. Jul 8, 2019

Jeffthered Full Member

Not sure I would spend much at all.

I would like to see a good forward. Experienced, good quality. Without massive ego or name.

We need to identify emerging players... Mane, Sane... Mahrez, Vardy... All were highlighted as great talents, or were spotted in lower leagues through great scouting... I want to see more of this...
  36. Jul 8, 2019

Craig Ward Full Member

Maguire
    Fernandes
    Havertz
    Ndidi
    Lozano

Struggling on a ST
  37. Jul 8, 2019

Champagne Football Full Member

Havertz is not for sale at any price this summer. Leicester won't sell Maguire and Ndidi in the same window. Lozano has a Mkhitaryan vibe about him.

Maguire and Fernandes very possible
  38. Jul 8, 2019

Wheato Full Member

A loft conversion.
  39. Jul 9, 2019

scots devil New Member

__________________De Gea__________________

Wan-Bissaka__ Lindelof __ Maguire____ Shaw

_______Fred_______Longstaff_______ Ruiz____

_________ Ceballos__________ Isco___________

__________________Rashford_________________
    Ceballos and Isco for pogba , Lakaku money on Ruiz, Maguire and Longstaff out of our own budget and if we can sell anymore deadwood to raise money for Ben Yedder then all the better.
  40. Jul 9, 2019

Moriarty Full Member

Supports:
    A wife and a cat.
    Buy Wigan's number 7 and unearth another talent like Bebe.