How would you spend Pogba and Lukaku money?

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by MaxiPaxi, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Jul 9, 2019

Castia Full Member

Struggle to finish 10th that.

Can’t tell if you’re taking the piss or not.
  2. Jul 9, 2019

Mark1361 New Member

Glazers would never sanction 225m firstly no money is paid upfront it normally paid installments over a set period of time. Plus 90% will be pocketed by the Glazers. When are peopel going to wake up and stop dreaming about Glazers ever spending big.

All the Glazers care about is the money they make from sponsorships. There mission statement is to mike as much money as they can from the club until a time it stop paying then sell the club if need be.
  3. Jul 9, 2019

Robbo* New Member

Would buy Eriksen, Saul and Sancho with the cash
  4. Jul 9, 2019

Luke1995 Full Member

Cesc Fabregas and Piqué would give us a quality spanish touch and wouldn't be too expensive at this point in their careers.
  5. Jul 9, 2019

haram New Member

I would have to understand how Ole wants to set up and to be honest I have no clue.
  6. Jul 9, 2019

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    Sancho
    Partey
    Erivksen
    Firpo
    Ben Yedder
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  7. Jul 9, 2019

Mancnz New Member

World class cb best we can possibly get .
  8. Jul 9, 2019

Eric's Seagull Full Member

The first bold part is something along those lines is what I fear would happen. Don't trust the feckers one bit. Main reason why I would like to take decent players in exchange not their castoffs they don't want. Regarding the second bold part I hope they stop making as much money as like as soon as possible and sell the club to someone decent. Would like to see them out of the club at the earliest opportunity.
  9. Jul 9, 2019

Champagne Football Full Member

Swap McGinn for Bruno Fernandes and that's probably about as good as we can hope to be after the summer for 2 reasons -
    1. There's not a whole lot of top talent available on the market. 2. Ole plans to develop players so things might get worse before they get better.
  10. Jul 9, 2019

GledTheRed Full Member

HIRE HIM!
  11. Jul 9, 2019

Can understand your point in Ole wanting to develop players but to me it seems odd that you say he would go for McGinn over Fernandes, when Fernandes is only a month older than McGinn?
  12. Jul 9, 2019

Catt Ole's at the wheel!

Have they ever taken that much money for themselves?
  13. Jul 9, 2019

Not sure how much truth is in it, but I once read that when they first purchased the club they were pocketing £50m per year. Not sure how much they are pocketing now.
  14. Jul 9, 2019

RatPack New Member

Would be a great midfield. Then just a top CB and I would be looking forward to the season. But do not see this happening with Woodward in charge.
  15. Jul 9, 2019

Champagne Football Full Member

I just think he'll go British as much as possible. He'll go for hard workers with decent technical ability over lazy players with insane ability.

Last year there would have been mass suicide had we signed Maddison from the championship but everyone wants him now. Same might happen with McGinn.

Ideally I'd like to see us sign Maddison, Eriksen and Longstaff but I'm almost certain Madduson is not for sale, and certain Levy will ask stupid money for Eriksen. So trying to figure out who Ole's plan B or C might be.
  16. Jul 9, 2019

Agree with you point in bold as I myself would rather hardworkers who are technically decent over lazy feckers. Haven't seen lots of Bruno Fernades but from what I've seen he's decent, not sure if he is lazy, as I've read he is a really hard worker. Can't comment on McGinn as I've never seen him. I would like Eriksen but heard Levy wants £130m for him which I don't think we would pay.
  17. Jul 9, 2019

Baneofthegame New Member

Havertz - 65 million
    Maguire - 80 million
    Pepe - 70 million

Separately:

Longstaff - 25
    Partey - 43

DDG
    AWB
    Maguire
    Lindelof
    Shaw
    Partey
    Havertz
    McT/Fred/Longstaff
    Martial
    Rashford
    Pepe
  18. Jul 9, 2019

esmufc07 Won the Grand National Sweepstake once Scout

Like we spent the Ronaldo money
  19. Jul 9, 2019

AUnitedOpinion New Member

If we really did have that amount of money i think the people to pick up should be Maguire £80mil (unfortunately), Fernandes £50mil, Partey £45 mil, Lozano £30-£40 mil, Ben Yedder £35 mil - around £250mil all in but it is needed

De Gea
    AWB Maguire Lindelof Shaw
    Fernandes Partey Pogba
    Lozano Rashford Martial

Lozano and James can Rotate, Sanchez can rotate with Martial, and Ben yedder with Rashford
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  20. Jul 10, 2019

Fer Full Member

How much can we get for Pogba and Lukaku? 200m-230m? That money could be enough to sign Sancho and Havertz. They are not playing for the big teams, so that helps.
  21. Jul 11, 2019

alex de souza New Member

Supports:
    Fenerbahçe
    I think Asensio from Real Madrid or Griezmann from Athletico will make a difference.
  22. Jul 11, 2019

cyril C Full Member

Erikson or equivalent but won't be cheap, 80-100m possible. A decent striker to replace Lukaku, not necessarily a world class since Rashford is likely to be the #1 choice so no world class striker would like to be #2. A decent striker to prove himself and challenge Rashford. 50-60m.
  23. Jul 11, 2019

arthurka Full Member

Holiday..
  24. Jul 11, 2019

romufc Full Member

Lets be honest if Pogba and Lukaku were sold, the Glazers will be absolutely laughing themselves.

£225m in their pockets plus wages. Considering we were meant to have a £200m budget which we are being tight with.

No chance we will spend a penny of that.
  25. Jul 11, 2019

MUFC OK Full Member

Out
    Pogba + lukaku : 150+70m = 220m

In
    Milinkovic Savic: £80m
    Fernandes: £50m
    Partey: £40m
    Milenkovic: £50m
  26. Jul 11, 2019

MUFC OK Full Member

They would give us £100m to reinvest I reckon.
  27. Jul 11, 2019

romufc Full Member

Will it be too late though? considering we have 3/4 weeks left. Pogba and Lukaku negotiations will take min 2 weeks. Then clubs know we have money to spend, and charge crazy figures? With our recent transfer history, we need 6 weeks to complete any transfer.
  28. Jul 11, 2019

Rhyme Animal Modmins said "freeze" and I got numb

I've read some people claiming they've taken out over a billion since they took over...
  29. Jul 11, 2019

MUFC OK Full Member

I said this at the start of the window, I stated how I was genuinely worried at how slow we were in the market and how we had only signed James with 3 weeks to go until the tour. I got absolutely slated, called melodramatic and negative, and above all accused of 'knowing nothing about business', on here.

I was right.

Well I know enough about our transfer dealings to maintain zero faith in progression on the recruitment front with this board and Woodward in charge.
  30. Jul 11, 2019

Fletchageddon New Member

They'd be better spending it on Hookers and Coke for every fan. Only way they will be able to placate everyone come March next year.
  31. Jul 11, 2019

I feel the same way as you and have done all along. I particularly agree with your point in bold and have been stating the same for a long time.
    I think that Woody is dithering on the transfers to make it look like we won't got the enough players in of quality as there is no time. So he can say something like "We were after player X" but as we were focusing on one player at at time time we didnt have time" Where as I think he is holding back the money and not intending to spend a lot whilst trying to to get fans to believe that we have a decent amount available and that he is trying and things are not just working as planned.
  32. Jul 11, 2019

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Messi from Barcelona will too (in keeping with the team of nominating left footed players)
  33. Jul 11, 2019

romufc Full Member

I agree, where I had fans saying transfer window has not opened, its still early, got a whole month etc.. I even had one chap list out Matt Judge and Ed Woodward's credentials of being an Investment Banker.

In my view, I do not care about credentials, why are we haggling £5m /10m fees if the player has been identified as one we need? Maguire has been identified, if they have a ceiling price of £70m and it is rejected, move onto another target and bid £40/£50m. If Maguire wants a move, this is the window as other teams such as United, City who want to strengthen CB's in this window will, that means he wont have an opportunity next summer with his age.

Apparently fans are convinced we will sign Longstaff and Bruno, really? I dont think so.

After a crap season, the least you want is the club to get the fans excited for the new season.. will it happen?
  34. Jul 11, 2019

How many hookers are you taking on the come march? :lol:
  35. Jul 11, 2019

The Irish Connection Full Member

Rice, sancho and Ben Yedder.
  36. Jul 11, 2019

PeteManic Full Member

Invest MASSIVELY in a new scouting network.

Gone are the days when United attracted the big players. Need to start signing any young player and hope they turn into the next big thing.
  37. Jul 11, 2019

MUFC OK Full Member

I wouldn’t rule it out. Contrary to what some should have you believe, I think a deal can be hashed out fairly quickly, with some willing and a willingness to walk away and approach another target if things stall. It all adds up to recruitment not being a priority for us under this leadership. A couple of token signings here and there, a lot of ‘we tried’ and then unforgivably being told that we already have the quality in our squad. Well the last 6 years would suggest we do not.

This is another summer where we fail to make a statement, are content with mediocrity and ultimately settle for more of the same. Einstein’s quote about repeating the same methodology and hoping for different results springs to mind (it's insanity).
  38. Jul 11, 2019

alex de souza New Member

Supports:
    Fenerbahçe
    :D

We're talking about over 200m.

I think Asensio or Greizmann can be realistic targets.
  39. Jul 11, 2019

Good post. Apt use of Einsteins quote. I've been thinking for a while that this transfer window is one the most important in our recent history so that we don't fall further behind the other top teams. Agree particularly with the part in bold. He is content with getting top 4 and I think he is going to spend the minimum he thinks we need to get there as he has done been doing all along. Don't think he is giving Ole a good enough platform to build from to get us challenging and if it all fecks up which I sincerely hope not, I think he is going to shamefully make Ole the scapegoat for his failure to invest adequately in the gaping holes in the squad.
  40. Jul 11, 2019

mitchmouse Full Member

de light (fee plus salary) then see what's left over. i think he could change everything