How would you spend Pogba and Lukaku money?

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by MaxiPaxi, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Jul 11, 2019

mitchmouse Full Member

yup.. that midfield would be swamped by even mediocre PL teams
  2. Jul 11, 2019

RedFish Full Member

A huge bag of penny sweets and a copy of reader's wives, not necessarily at the same time.
  3. Jul 11, 2019

Jacob Full Member

Assuming we'd get 70 for Lukaku, I would invest as follows (realistically, I believe);

DDG
    AWB ------------ LINDELOF ----------- MAGUIRE ----------- SHAW
    CARVALHO
    LONGSTAFF
    ---------------- POGBA
    MALCOM ----------------------------------------------- MARTIAL
    RASHFORD

CB: MAGUIRE because there aren't that many better CBs available and wanting to join us
    CDM: CARVALHO is vastly underrated, he's the anchor in an over-achieving Portugal side. Could also do with NDIDI or SAUL but I feel both are unobtainable
    CM: LONGSTAFF seems to be the realistic bet, I think we need one more though, having LEMINA on the bench would provide good cover/rotation. I don't think FERNANDES is a good match for us, can see him being really frustrating if POGBA is kept
    RW: We all want SANCHO but it doesn't seem likely they'll sell him, and CHIESA is more or less Juve-bound. JAMES/LINGARD/MATA are not good enough to start so I'd like to bring in MALCOM or DEMBELE. Depending on how good GREENWOOD turns out, he can rotate ST/RW with RASHFORD and this new signing. I do not think an RW signing is likely though, we'll probably stick with MATA/LINGARD

Bench:

ROMERO, TUANZEBE, DALOT, LEMINA, McTOMINAY, JAMES, GREENWOOD

Rotation:

GRANT, SMALLING, ROJO, LAIRD, GOMES, CHONG, GARNER, MATIC, LINGARD, MATA

Surplus:

HENDERSON (loan), JONES, DARMIAN, SANCHEZ, LUKAKU

Squad without surplus: 28

4. Jul 11, 2019

Ranchero Full Member

I would buy a small island.
  5. Jul 11, 2019

devlinadl New Member

Knowing Woodward, I am fully expecting a straight swap Pogba for Bale and £10m for a two year loan on Lukaku. The money will be spent on Bale’s signing-on fee.
  6. Jul 11, 2019

Eric's Seagull Full Member

Nothing would surprise me Woody but please not to Bale. Although Bale was one of Woody's 4 dream signings on his list and he may still be obsessed with getting him to prove he is such a good CEO and always manages to get the targets 'he' wants.
  7. Jul 11, 2019

Real Madras Full Member

What about bringing in Diego Costa for a couple of years? He’d be a pretty good replacement for Lukaku or am I going mad?
  8. Jul 11, 2019

Eric's Seagull Full Member

Agree with your post. Been saying foor a while they will pocket a lot of the money that's why I'd rather tsake players in excgange for Pogba preferably Casemiri plud £80m. You make an excellent point in bold part. I hope they sell the club to someone decent who doesn't have a shady background as soon as possible mate.
  9. Jul 24, 2019

Fer Full Member

We have been linked with attacking midfielders like Fernandes, Milenkovic-Savic, Eriksen... I guess we want to sign Pogba's replacement before we sell him.

I think Pogba is going to stay, but if he decides to leave, we could sign Eriksen and Dybala for 150m.

But Ole could go for Fernandes and Pepe considering his philosophy (high pressing and fast players).
  10. Jul 26, 2019

Wheato Full Member

I really do think that the Pogba to Madrid transfer will happen. Madrid are currently flogging everyone to raise the cash. And I do think that they will meet the full 180 million asking price. He ticks all the right boxes for them. A Marquee signing, sponsored by Adidas, French, World Cup winner...

And I also think that this transfer will open the floodgates for us. We have agreed terms with Bruno Fernandes and Milinkovic-Savic. I think that them and Maguire will get over the line before the end of the transfer window. And if Inter find the cash for Lukaku, it looks likely that we will be after a second striker. A plan B type of player, which is essentially what Lukaku is! But he wants to go so we need to cash in.

Imagine lining up like this next season?

----------------De Gea
    AWB----Maguire---Lindelof----Shaw
    McTominay
    ------Fernandes---Milinkovic-Savic
    James ------Rashford-----Martial

Not too shabby.
  11. Jul 26, 2019

Hammondo New Member

Booze and women.
  12. Jul 26, 2019

Frank Grimes Full Member

Fernandes and Savic for Pogba is my muppet dream. That forward line is a mess though.
  13. Jul 26, 2019

DSG Full Member

Sancho is a must, probably not in this window though. If he has another great year, he might cost 150m

I’ve always admired Saul as a classy box-to-box who could play as a 6 or 8.

Ousmane Dembele as a winger is absolutely terrifying. If you could somehow confirm he has his head on straight, he wil fit the Utd mold of a winger - breathtaking pace, dibbley and eccentric.
  14. Jul 27, 2019

Bondi77 New Member

Savic
    Bruno
    Hudson Odoi
    Milenkovic as 80mil is stupid money for Harry

Martial and Rash are played as central strikers so if one is not doing the business then he is hooked at half time for the other and the LW is used for Alexis and James with the same deal.
  15. Jul 27, 2019

Alek M Da manic one

Fernandes,Neves for Pogba
    Lukaku for Dybala

----------------De Gea
    AWB----Maguire---Lindelof----Shaw
    ----------------McTominay--
    --------Fernandes---Neves
    Dalot-/James/Greenwood---Rashford---Dybala

Let's go
  16. Jul 27, 2019

Fer Full Member

Dybala would be a good singing in a different setup.

If we sell Pogba, I would go for a top young talent like Sancho or Havertz, the rest of the money could be use for a DM.
  17. Jul 27, 2019

RedDevilRoshi Full Member

No chance in signing Hudson Odoi

He only recently signed a new long term contract with Chelsea.
  18. Jul 27, 2019

Ødegaard formerly MrEriksen Scout

I expect us to get Maguire. I don't think we'll replace Lukaku if he goes.
    I assume Pogba will be replaced with SMS or Bruno if he goes.

During this summer & the coming 2 windows after it I'd like to see us buy 1 defensive midfielder (Neves/Ndidi, depending on if we need a creator or destroyer), 1 midfield-creator (Havertz (even if SMS/Bruno comes in), 1 proper right-winger (Sancho) & either an upgrade on Shaw or someone at his level so we have more safety due to Shaw's history with injuries.

I would still want another defender, but right-wing & midfield would be more pressing concerns until then.

The best I can hope for if Lukaku & Pogba goes is really that we fix our midfield woes and sign 2 midfielders of high quality where one can create and the other can do a lot of defensive work so we don't look so disjointed in our play.

De Gea
    AWB - Maguire - Lindelöf - Shaw
    Ndidi
    McTominay - Havertz
    Sancho - Martial - Rashford

Or to stick with what would be realistic (and who we've been linked with):

De Gea
    AWB - Maguire - Lindelöf - Shaw
    McTominay
    SMS - Bruno
    Mata* - Martial - Rashford

* Can really be any of Greenwood/Gomes/James instead.

With the second string as:

Romero
    Dalot - Jones - Smalling - New
    Matic
    Fred - Pereira
    James - Greenwood - Gomes​

Unfortunately I think that if Pogba leaves, we'll play with a offensive diamond with Lingard in the hole and Mata drifting from the right once the season starts. Ole used to like youth in Norway and seem to continue with that, but he often enjoyed having some experienced minds out on the field for Molde (usually Hoseth or D. B Hestad), so I expect at least two of Mata, Lingard and Matic to get a lot of gametime.
  19. Jul 28, 2019

Amadaeus Pochettino's mother

Supports:
    Mauricio Pochettino
    De Gea/Romero
    AWB/Dalot - Linderlof/Jones - Maguire/Smalling - Shaw/Young
    Mctominay/Matic/Garner - Fred/Longstaff/Pereira
    Sancho/lingard/Chong - Havertz/Mata - Martial/Gomes/Sanchez
    Rashford/Greenwood/Sanchez

Pogba £160m
    Lukaku £70m
    Total =£230m

In:
    Kai Havertz £70m
    Sancho £110m
    Longstaff £35m

Total = £215m

Surprised we are keeping hold of Pogba and Lukaku when you can have a better squad without them.
  20. Jul 28, 2019

jesperjaap Full Member

Upamecano £50m
    Maguire £75m
    Ascacibar £40m
    Fernandes £60m
  21. Jul 28, 2019

Bwuk Full Member

Pogba isn’t going anywhere.

Lukakus fee will cover the AWB & James costs.

I’d imagine Bruno will be about 60, and Maguire 80. We’ll ship off 2 or 3 more and have a net spend of about 100m imo.
  22. Jul 28, 2019

SE9 RED New Member

If we were able to offload Lukaku and Pogba, Rojo, Smalling and Jones I would replace them with.....

£62mn Fernandes
    £70mn Milinkovic-Savic
    £70mn Pepe
    £75mn Maguire
    £25mn Alderweireld
  23. Jul 28, 2019

Bondi77 New Member

I did not realise we were taking players existing contract situations into consideration because if that was the case I would not have mentioned McGuire or Milenkovic or Serge as they are all tied up long term and I suppose that takes Longstaff out of the equation as well.
  24. Jul 29, 2019

Offsideagain Full Member

Not sold yet and I bet they won’t be unless the agents get real. Real won’t splash £150m on Pogba and the Italian clubs are all technically broke so will want make weights plus cash and we will again be getting other teams cast-offs. If we stopped paying all the Glazer kids big dividends, then we wouldn’t need the money. Glazers are at the root of all the trouble with their puppet Woodward just making money for them and screw the football.
  25. Jul 29, 2019

Adcuth Full Member

Can't please some people
  26. Jul 29, 2019

SE9 RED New Member

It looks like Pepe is going to Arsenal. Ouch! I think he would have been perfect up front on the right for us, interchangeable with Rashford at the very front of our attack.

Also, apparently Leicester have upped the price for Maguire from £80mn to £90mn. Personally, I don’t think he is worth that but, other than Alerweireld, what are our options?
  27. Aug 2, 2019

The Cat Doesn't know his own mobile number

The amount of money being spent and the amount I am expecting to be spent before the deadline has convinced me he and Lukaku are both gone.

No way are the Glazers digging this deep without it.
  28. Aug 2, 2019

Eli Zee New Member

I’d definitely buy my family a nice large plot of land with a beautiful house on it. Take a vacation. Buy season tickets for Manchester City this year.

Buy some new clothing. Splurge on one fancy car. I’d purchase a condo and a house for myself. Invest the rest / only spend the interest my money generates.
  29. Aug 3, 2019

cyril C Full Member

Lukaku - no cash, only swap, and we need a replacement striker anyway. I hope Dybala will fit into Ole's plan.

Pogba - no cash, just let him rot on the bench unless someone is willing to pick him up. Unless you think the club will take RM rubbish to swap..