Kick-off
Sun, 5 May 2019 @ 2:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    Telecast Schedule and Info

..VS ..,,,,,,,,,..

Date - Sunday, May 05 2019
    Kickoff Time - 1400 Hrs BST
    Venue - John Smith's Stadium, Huddersfield

League standings and form guide

6. Manchester United: LWLLD

20. Huddersfield Town: LLLLL

Last 5 meetings

Manchester United 3—1 Huddersfield Town

Manchester United 2—0 Huddersfield Town

Huddersfield Town 2—1 Manchester United

Manchester United 2—0 Huddersfield Town

Huddersfield Town 0—3 Manchester United

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 20
    Huddersfield Town wins: 10
    Draws: 15

Pre Match Pressers

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Jan Siewert

Team News

Manchester United

Eric Bailly ruled out. Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Marcus Rashford, Chris Smalling and Romelu Lukaku doubtful.

Huddersfield Town

Abdelhamid Sabiri and Ben Hamer ruled out. Philip Billing, Demeaco Duhaney and Laurent Depoitre doubtful.

Know the opposition

Huddersfield Town Association Football Club (nicknamed The Terriers) is a professional football club based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. Huddersfield Town were founded in In 1908 at the Albert pub as Huddersfield and the Huddersfield Association Football Ground Co. was formed and, with capital of £500, set about purchasing the Leeds Road recreation fields. The stadium just started as a pitch but was still ready for their first game, which was a local semi-final. On 15 August 1908, Huddersfield Town Association Football Club was registered as a limited company with Fred Walker being appointed as the club's first manager.

In 1910, just three years after being founded, Huddersfield entered the Football League for the first time. In November 1919 a fund-raising campaign was needed to avoid a move to Leeds. Citizens of Huddersfield were asked to buy shares in the club for £1 each, and the club staved off the proposed merger. The team went on to reach the 1920 FA Cup Final and win promotion to Division One.

In 1926, Huddersfield became the first English team to win three successive league titles – a feat that only three other clubs (Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United) have been able to match. Huddersfield Town also won the FA Cup in 1922 and have been runners-up on four other occasions. During the club's heyday, on 27 February 1932 the club achieved a record attendance of 67,037 during their FA Cup 6th round tie against Arsenal at Leeds United. This attendance has been bettered by only 13 other clubs in the history of the Football League. After the Second World War, the club began a gradual decline, losing its First Division status in 1952. After two seasons in the top division in the early 1970s the club spent 45 years in the second, third and fourth tiers of English football before being promoted to the Premier League in 2017

Huddersfield Town's main rivals are Leeds United (although there is never a shortage of beef with neighbours, Bradford City). There are also smaller rivalries with Barnsley, Oldham Athletic and formerly with near neighbours Halifax Town. They play their home games at Kirklees Stadium - having moved there in 1994.

Referee

Lee Mason.

Familiar Faces

N/A.​

tentan

Poor man's poster.
    --------------ROMERO
    Dalot---Smalling----Lindelof----Shaw
    --------Garner---Mctominay---Pogba
    -----------------Mata
    ------Greenwood-------Chong---------

Toad

We will smash them. But if we win against Chelsea we would most likely lose.

Chairman Steve

Fill the XI with some of the academy products. Nows a perfect time to blood them in. That's the only way you can get me to care about this game and Cardiff

No point playing the guys who've been letting us down this season and the past few seasons.

arnie_ni

This'll be the first ever utd game in my 28 years i choose not to watch after that second half performance

Irrational.

Who gives a feck. Both our last games are dead rubbers, though judging by the way we've been playing the whole season has been a dead rubber.

The sooner this season fecks off the better. It's been a disaster from start to end.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    2 easy games now and should be 2 comfortable wins, but there's about a 5% chance of making top 4 now. Chelsea was the must win, the last 2 are whatever now. Hope we give Greenwood a decent amount of time.

el3mel

Surely we can this ?

Well I'm not sure anymore.

1-0 Huddersfield.

48 hours

Struggling to care after that effort. If we play Greenwood and Gomes then I’ll be intrigued

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    I would still play Herrera in that midfield, put a load of kids in, but make Ander the captain and I bet he will do a better job than most of our recent captains. Romero in goal. David's head has gone.:(

Ciddy

As far as I'm concerned that's it for top 4 now. Therefore Id get these kids in and see what they can actually do. What do we actually have to lose any more.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Supports
    Also support Vasco da Gama
    If Romero isn't in the starting XI, he should put in a transfer request.

Schmeichel=God

As far as I'm concerned that's it for top 4 now. Therefore Id get these kids in and see what they can actually do. What do we actually have to lose any more.
    Worst thing about us staying within touching distance is it's guaranteed the removal of youth getting a chance in the final games. We could have had youth in for 5 or 6 games....instead I don't think we'll see youth at all as we'll be in with a sniff all the way to the final minute of the season.

AJ10

Only way this game counts is if we smash them 7/8 other than that, whats the point?

Devil may care

Doesn't really matter now, just give the kids a run out, if Greenwood doesn't get a chance here I'll be irritated with Ole, none of our forwards can score in a brothel with a tesco's casrrier bag full of hundreds.

JG3001

No point watching unless there’s 4/5 kids started, have little time or patience for the current squad.

Schmeichel=God

Can we just play these last two games back to back...starting right now...and get it over with?

I think there's nothing left to do other than an absolute reset. Some of these players still think they're good enough to compete. So every time a manager accompanies them to poor performances they apportion the blame on said man in charge. It's a vicious cycle leading to poor results and new managers.

In reality to stop this insidious virus that leads to players losing faith in the manager leading to poor effort/mentality in game, we need to start again as if we'd never won anything. It's time to put the power back in the manager's hands and rid this club of this useless squad.

It will carry on until we obliterate the current setup at board and field level. Only then will we be more able to judge a manager's performance and tactical approach...when players are giving 100% again.

It's almost as if players start the season giving 100% and by 5 or 10 less than satisfactory games in they're at 75% mentally. Then come end of season they're at 5% mentally and evidently shot physically.

I'm chatting shit now to be honest. I can't be doing with the shite the team has been serving up. Are we supposed to just say thank you for the 90 minutes you've run around...I'll sit here content and wait for a good performance and get behind every single one of you no matter what you serve up. I suppose I've never had the TopRed quality within me.

Last edited:

Siorac

If we play some of the young talent, I'll watch the game. Surely no better time? No pressure whatsoever, terrible opposition...

If it's the usual suspects, I don't think I'll have it in me to watch it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 404 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Huddersfield win
  • Draw