Sun, 5 May 2019 @ 2:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    No pressure on this. A chance to send them out and have some fun. Maybe throw a couple of youngsters in.

Why not test whoever the youth team right back is, give him a runout. A few youngsters on the bench too.

Sparky Rhiwabon

No pressure on this. A chance to send them out and have some fun. Maybe throw a couple of youngsters in.

Why not test whoever the youth team right back is, give him a runout. A few youngsters on the bench too.
    Because we could still finish top 4 and need a big win to give us a better chance.

Red00012

No I have supported Utd for 36 years. Voicing displeasure at this current crop of players doesn't mean I want to start supporting city. Not sure where you have made that connection.
    Ok how about 36 year supporter stops following because they’re not winning anymore.

el3mel

Ok how about 36 year supporter stops following because they’re not winning anymore.
    You're pushing things too personally with him it's bizarre. If anyone wasn't sure of his feeling about United he would have left supporting other club at one point of these 6 years. He's voicing his opinion about the current generation. No reason to act like a real top red when you don't know him.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    we might just win this one... and then again we might be brilliant for 25 minutes and then go back on holiday

Smores

Our players are severely out of form and lack basic fitness, if we can't start some youth in this fixture i don't know when we can.

They must look at our seniors and wonder how they're not getting any time.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    If we lose this game Ole deserves the door.

No one here can defend this recent form, I completely understand the two Barca ties and City but everything else has been nothing short of a disaster. Everyone screaming to the tip of their tongues to hire a manager based on two months.

Should have waited, nonetheless I wish Ole well in this fixture and the players.
    My word.

PaulRich

A game against the Premier Leagues cannon fodder. Expect Pogba, Lukaku and Martial to suddenly 'discover' their form (or actually find their level perhaps?) and pull a worldy.

1-4

The Boy

Supports
    Brighton and Hove Albion
    If we lose this game Ole deserves the door.

No one here can defend this recent form, I completely understand the two Barca ties and City but everything else has been nothing short of a disaster. Everyone screaming to the tip of their tongues to hire a manager based on two months.

Should have waited, nonetheless I wish Ole well in this fixture and the players.
    If ever there was a kneejerk reaction post :D

I understand the frustration you had a terrible first half of the season, then a fine run gave you masses of hope and now that's been dashed with a harsh dose of reality. But remember where you were in December, I guess it's the hope Ole initially gave that stings so much. All this while your two biggest rivals storm the league, yes I get the the hurt!

Ole took over your team mid season, he tried to change the tactics and for a short while it worked, but what Ole wants them to do involves far more work than what Mou was after, hence you had a massive run of injuries and players looking shattered.

Give him a bit if time to stamp is identity on the team, let him have a preseason or two to instill his way of playing and the fitness levels he needs players to have. Klopp didnt turn liverpool around in half a season and pep didn't at City. Calling for Ole's head will just lead to more instability and another change of direction which is the last thing you need right now.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    If we win 10-0 then we might have a chance for top 4, otherwise it’s over. Can’t see Chelsea lose more than 3 points.

Infra-red

Predicted team: who cares, it doesn't matter.

Predicted result: who cares, it doesn't matter.

Zlatattack

If i was Ole, i would be looking at lining up like this

Romero
    Young - Smalling - Lindelof - Shaw
    Garner
    Herrera - Pogba
    Gomes
    Lukaku - Greenwood

I wouldnt be going all out playing every youth we have but i would be looking at giving starts to those with bright futures with a few players of experience to look out for them on the pitch.

See how it goes.
    Agree. That seems a balanced side.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
    Would not make a difference as Chelsea have a better goal difference.

Also, We have to hope we win both our games and Chelsea lose or draw both theirs.
    They will also drop points away to Leicester...

yamo123x

dont think youngsters will be unleashed for this one until it is mathematically impossible to not get in top 4.
    I can see a few starting against cardiff though providing they have been relegated.

Red00012

Watford to get a draw v Chelsea
    Leicester to draw with Chelsea

Arsenal to beat Brighton
    Arsenal to draw with Burnley away

Utd to beat Huddersfield and Cardiff

Believe !

Dve

dont think youngsters will be unleashed for this one until it is mathematically impossible to not get in top 4.
    I can see a few starting against cardiff though providing they have been relegated.
    Greenwood on the bench, perhaps, if Rashford is out.

Perseus

Arsenal to beat Brighton

Believe !
    5th place is better than 6th to avoid the Q games. If Cardiff beat Palace, Brighton really need a draw at Arsenal.

ash_86

Season can't get over quickly. Players are already on vacation mode. Just get the two games over with quickly and we can look forward to the transfers

Gator Nate

Arsenal to beat Brighton

Believe !
    I'll take you two further: Leicester beats Chelsea and Burnley beats Arsenal.

We definitely need Chelsea to drop points in both matches, which a) they're perfectly capable of doing on their own and b) anyone is perfectly capable of doing against Watford and Leicester.

Nobody is losing to Brighton they way they are playing, so we've got to pull for Burnley.

And we need as many goals as possible over both Huddersfield and Cardiff. As for who we play, whoever we need to accomplish goals. Which might just be the youngsters...

ErranMorad

Arsenal to beat Brighton

Believe !
    Ole can do with a bit of luck at the start of his top flight managerial career. A Cl spot will make our lives a little easier in the transfer window. And both Chelsea and Arsenal do look like they'll drop points in the last two. Question is if we can make up the GD in these last two games to put ourselves in the reckoning.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    3-2 Huddersfield.

They will bring the game to us. And win in an entertaining back and forth game. Probably a late winner or something.
    I have noticed that very few teams play against us with 10 men behind the ball. They usually come to OT and attack us, believing that they can win.

I remember in Jose's first 2 seasons, so many teams would pack their defence, with us camped in their half, shot after shot being saved, by a GK who is having his game of the season.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 404 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Huddersfield win
  • Draw