Huddersfield v Man Utd u23s

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Mjebri is quite a character isnt he :lol: gets under the nerves of opposition player every game

In Rainbows

Super finish.

Garner has been very erratic last few minutes. Gives the ball away easily at times. Needs to do the simple things better.

Elanga on the other hand doesn't look to waste a pass
Those 2 Garner slips could have been quite costly.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This commentator is annoying. 'Rubbish from Galbraith' when he fouls but said nothing about the off the ball challenge on Laird.

Hannibal clatters into a Huddersfield player :lol:

klayton88

This commentator is annoying. 'Rubbish from Galbraith' when he fouls but said nothing about the off the ball challenge on Laird.

Hannibal clatters into a Huddersfield player :lol:
"Player X breathes in, breathes out again" - He doesn't shut up.

Ed9

Jimmy Garner needs to go on loan and become a key play for a Champo side. That’s his next step.

That goal given away by Cairney validates my fears - He’s too short the lad.
Any idea how tall he is? Transfermarkt have him at 176cm (5'9). Surely that can't be true.

Zlatans Knee

I think Elanga has shown the most promise in this match. I wonder how he would do as backup to Rashford or Greenwood (seeing as it seems unlikely at this stage that we are getting a certain player) :confused: None of the others look ready for the first team.

RashyForPM

:lol: the commentator! He's their version of Paddy it seems.
Love PC tbf. When James didn’t square it to Bruno in the City win, he went “oh you wanna go down there and punch him” :lol: Same here, Paddy, same here.

Inigo Montoya

Love PC tbf. When James didn’t square it to Bruno in the City win, he went “oh you wanna go down there and punch him” :lol: Same here, Paddy, same here.
In the 60s that would have happened. The only person they didn't do it to was Best as he inevitably scored :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Good game in the end. We showed far more in those last 10 minutes to win it against some senior players. Elanga MOM for me with Hannibal a close second

SteveW

Never really gets mentioned much on here but Levitt is the player on that pitch who naturally understands football, always gets his angles right and breaks lines with ease.

He'll find senior football easy.

Last edited:

Ekeke

I was most impressed with Galbraith for sure. Had to play a bit towards the wings, but he went past players neatly with dribbling and found it easy to find a smart pass or a bit of skill to get him out of trouble. 80 minutes in he still had the stamina to break up a move defensively tracking back. So he worked hard as well as having nice bits of play on the ball.

Mejbri had ups and downs, thought he did better 2nd half topped off with taking his goal extremely well. Some clumsy moments, some neat moments. Considering his age he did well

Laird is interesting because on the face of it he has everything, but perhaps he's a bit inconsistant with his defending. One minute hes making a great tackle, or showing good strength, or winning headers and the next the opposition player gets their cross in quite easily against him or is finding space in behind him. He obviously can defend, but being completely solid 100% of the time is something he can still work on. Then going forward he has moments where he can pick out a player with a nice pass appreciating their movement, or he bursts to life with great pace to win a freekick like in the 2nd half.

Inigo Montoya

For a player that has a very high technical level he's a pressing machine with a real appetite to win back the ball.
Can also put it about a bit. That Huddersfield player got well vexed after a challenge :lol:

SteveW

Mejbri put in a serious shift. Technique and super work rate. Great signs

Spaghetti

Mom's
Looked tired at the end but a good overall performance. It was Huddersfield “first team”, but it wasn’t first choice and they also had a lot of youth players out.

I left the commentary on for most of the game and he has worn me out. Commentating like he was on the radio.

Ace of Spades

Elanga was the best imo, but everyone showed promise. Did not look too out of place playing against men.

A fair few need to go out on loan though, no point keeping them here anymore as they look comfortable playing against men.

SteveW

I was most impressed with Galbraith for sure. Had to play a bit towards the wings, but he went past players neatly with dribbling and found it easy to find a smart pass or a bit of skill to get him out of trouble. 80 minutes in he still had the stamina to break up a move defensively tracking back. So he worked hard as well as having nice bits of play on the ball.

Mejbri had ups and downs, thought he did better 2nd half topped off with taking his goal extremely well. Some clumsy moments, some neat moments. Considering his age he did well

Laird is interesting because on the face of it he has everything, but perhaps he's a bit inconsistant with his defending. One minute hes making a great tackle, or showing good strength, or winning headers and the next the opposition player gets their cross in quite easily against him or is finding space in behind him. He obviously can defend, but being completely solid 100% of the time is something he can still work on. Then going forward he has moments where he can pick out a player with a nice pass appreciating their movement, or he bursts to life with great pace to win a freekick like in the 2nd half.
Galbraith is sneakily good isn't he. He slips under the radar.

Laird looks like he needs a run of games to get back into his rhythm. Mixed bag. Didn't look sharp.

Garner was loose and erratic. He looks very uncomfortable when being pressed. He's got plenty of good attributes but definitely needs to prove it at Championship level next..

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Can also put it about a bit. That Huddersfield player got well vexed after a challenge :lol:
That too no question. But I feel tactically he was used to trigger the press today and that facet off his game made a real difference and even the Hudds players got frustrated. Would prefer to see him play deeper though and feel he could really influence games from there.

Ekeke

Laird looks like he needs a run of games to get back into his rhythm. Mixed bag. Didn't look sharp.

Garner was loose and erratic. He looks very uncomfortable when being pressed. He's got plenty of good attributes but definitely needs to prove it at Championship level next..
Garner also got frustrated really easily. When he lost the ball a few times, and got a freekick other times when he was dwelling on the ball he was smashing the ground in frustration with himself too.

SteveW

Garner also got frustrated really easily. When he lost the ball a few times, and got a freekick other times when he was dwelling on the ball he was smashing the ground in frustration with himself too.
Agreed. Trying to force it instead of letting things happen. Throwing himself into challenges he didn't need to etc. He looked like he was trying really hard to impress. To be totally honest he's a player I've still to figure out. Looks good when facing the play and has time but often pretty uncomfortable when a bit of cuteness and quick feet is needed. There's something there but can't quite figure out how it will translate to senior football.

Levitt looked calm and composed as usual. Not sure how he slips under so many peoples radars. He makes excellent angles and plays accurate incisive passes with the minimum of fuss.

Hopefully they both end up at Championship clubs this season and we can see their progression. Levitt will find it easy imo. Garner maybe difficult at first but he could potentially improve a lot as he adapts.

SteveW

He was very underwhelming in the first half. Certainly not his best game.

You can say that about Galbraith.
He came into it more and more though. Was running the game by the end.

I did say that about Galbraith actually. :) Don't think he'll make it here at all but he's a very tidy little player that definitely gets overlooked.

arthurka

Never really gets mentioned much on here but Levitt is the player on that pitch who naturally understands football, always gets his angles right and breaks lines with ease.

He'll find senior football easy.
I agree think he will become a proper player..

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Enjoyable watch, always expect us to lose by the odd goal when we play Championship team so even after going 2-0 the lads did well to get a draw in the end.

Galbraith and Elanga the standouts, Garner and Levitt got better as the game went on but tended to over do it at times which is probably understandable as they were the two most likely watched with a view to a loan move.

Carney 5
Laird 6 Mengi 7 Bernard 7 Devine 7
Garner 6
Levitt 6 Galbraith 8
Mejbri 7
Helm 6 Elanga 8*

Puigmal 7
Bejger 6​

khoazany

I would cut Garner some slacks. Haven't played any game in months at any level.

Bernard is certainly ready for loan as Wood said. I would send him out with the three on midfield.

Last edited: