Hugo Ekitike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Was literally thinking about him yesterday and woke up to see links this morning. If indeed he is available for 15m, which I doubt - he becomes an even more attractive option. He is firstly a centre forward, not a ‘can play’ there. He’s very composed and reminds me a lot of a young Martial in many ways.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Was literally thinking about him yesterday and woke up to see links this morning. If indeed he is available for 15m, which I doubt - he becomes an even more attractive option. He is firstly a centre forward, not a ‘can play’ there. He’s very composed and reminds me a lot of a young Martial in many ways.
Was sounding great until you used the M word :nervous:

Also, if we get Ekitike and Nkunku that’s a proper tongue twister for commentators to navigate.:D

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not sure why he's being quoted as 15m, Newcastle supposedly had a much larger bid accepted in Jan.

Also, Laurens is an idiot.

Zoo

Laurens isn't a good source unfortunately.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
9 goals in 14 starts is pretty decent going for a 19 year old striker. His FBRef face profile isn't what you'd normally see on a striker: https://fbref.com/en/players/5b92d896/Hugo-Ekitike

96th percentile for dribbling as a no.9 is interesting... Especially when FBRef tracks 'forwards' as wingers too (e.g. the top percentile is Saint Maximum) Impressive defensive stats too.

Tarrou

looking forward to hearing from the caf members who watch Reims week in, week out and also seen his youth games

Bondi77

Looks like a talented player but will probably go to Dortmund and look strong amongst the weak and they will make a fortune selling him to England or Spain.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not sure why he's being quoted as 15m, Newcastle supposedly had a much larger bid accepted in Jan.

Also, Laurens is an idiot.
At least someone else expresses that opinion. :lol:

Remember the geese

Interesting that the article states that Ralf wasn't impressed with Hannibal's cameo vs Liverpool and has since demoted him back to the under 23's. Not so sure I believe that.

jesperjaap

Watched a few times and mentioned him. Didnt know of previous Newcastle interest and thought he was around £15m or under.

He has huge potential and ability. Is an element of a young Henry at Monaco. But he is still plenty of raw and would be a gamble. Definately fits in to the right kind of profile of player for this summer, young, talented, energetic, hungry, on the verge of breaking through. One of several excellent young players in the French league at the moment.

For me it depends on the price. if he is £10/20m could be a great buy. If we are talking £30m or so though I would rather be spending more for Giouri who is already further progressed and would be a great signing in my opinion. Young Henry or young Benzema, unfair comparisons perhaps but that is who they reminds me of

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I've never seen him play or indeed had heard his name until 5 minutes ago, but can already tell he's the missing piece in our next title winning team's jigsaw

r0663664

Worships Man City
Doesn't look like he can play in English league. He is likely to be abuse by the defenders and spending 2-3 years on loan. No go for me.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Doesn't look like he can play in English league. He is likely to be abuse by the defenders and spending 2-3 years on loan. No go for me.
He's 1.90m tall.

If the defenders want to abuse him they better start learning how to punch upwards for a start. Or they start tickling his belly button?

ElCuddlos

He looks like a bargain for 15m. Really good defensive stats as well.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

Great to see we're finally going after good french propects instead of picking washed out legends.

AussieDevil

How big of a talent is this guy in comparison to other young French strikers that have come through in the past 5-10 years.

Mainoldo

Well atleast we will finally get to see what a super DoF at a big club looks like!

Will be an interesting watch.

Idxomer

He looks like a fantastic talent with the potential to be a great modern forward.

SparkedIntoLife

He’ll be an amazing player. Campos at PSG scares me - they’ll now have fantastic transfers and build a hungry, vastly talented team with a good blend of youth and experience. Khéphren Thuram appears to be next.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
PSG building homegrown stuff it seems.

Always feels like it helps bring out a balance away from a Galactico type of club.

jesperjaap

These are the kind of players we need to sign, but looks like we dont have that kind of setup/knowledge yet
Yes and whenever we are linked with one, loads of people on the forum say they cant cut it in the permiership, arent ready, arent good enough etc etc. In his case we may never know. Im still a bit dissapointed we havent gone for any young French talents as there are lots of them and majority are relatively cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.