Hugo Lloris

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The french Pickford. Capable of some outstanding saves followed by even more impressive errors. That was a simple catch but somehow his hands decide to stop working.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
:lol: That picture is incredible.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Despite being clearly taller I've always had him in that bracket of slight-framed agile keepers that go to shit after hitting 30 (Barthez, Valdes, Casillas, Bravo). The Buffon and VDS types age better.

Not quite sure where DDG fits, borderline between both, hopefully the latter.

the_irish123

This France WC side is one of the most average XI in history of winners. Lloris, Pavard, Matuidi, Giroud.. Jesus christ

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
This France WC side is one of the most average in history. Lloris, Pavard, Matuidi, Giroud.. Jesus christ
Uh..

Mbappe, Griezmann, Pogba, Kante, Umtiti, Dembele, Varane etc?

It was a stupidly talented squad, and christ even the guys you mentioned are hardly poor players. No national side is going to have bonafide stars in every single position unless they strike incredibly lucky, but that French side has talent everywhere.

the_irish123

Uh..

Mbappe, Griezmann, Pogba, Kante, Umtiti, Dembele, Varane etc?

It was a stupidly talented squad, and christ even the guys you mentioned are hardly poor players. No national side is going to have bonafide stars in every single position unless they strike incredibly lucky, but that French side has talent everywhere.
I said compared to the other WC winners. Of course a WC side will have talent.

Even Italy in 06 who is not considered a great winner had Del Piero, Totti, Cannavaro, Nesta etc

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Even Italy in 06 who is not considered a great winner had Del Piero, Totti, Cannavaro, Nesta etc
They also had the likes of Grosso, Perrotta among the starters. Zaccardo, Barone, Iaquinta in their squad. Many players ranging from ok to average

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

But that's wrong .. every world cup winning side has had average players. It's incredibly rare that any national side won't have a few not world class players in it.

There have been worse WC winning teams. That French side had world class players in a lot of positions, and a lot of quality on the bench.

It was the most talented squad in the competition.

the_irish123

But that's wrong .. every world cup winning side has had average players. It's incredibly rare that any national side won't have a few not world class players in it.

There have been worse WC winning teams. That French side had world class players in a lot of positions, and a lot of quality on the bench.

It was the most talented squad in the competition.
My original statement was, France is one of the most average starting XI of world cup winners.

does it have better players than Spain 2010, Brazil 2002, Italy 2006? I stand by my statement. Don't see why people would get so worked up over this.

Anyways, back to Lloris... lets not derail this.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
My original statement was, France is one of the most average starting XI of world cup winners.

does it have better players than Spain 2010, Brazil 2002, Italy 2006? I stand by my statement. Don't see why people would get so worked up over this.

Anyways, back to Lloris... lets not derail this.
Nobody is worked up, it's just people disagree with you. I don't think there's much difference in quality between any of the sides you mentioned.

As for Lloris, he was a good keeper with the odd mistake in him which stopped him from being in the top class bracket, and now he's simply in the dodgy goalkeeper category. It's been like this for too long to ignore that any longer, you can't make a mistake every 2 games and expect to be still viewed as a top class player, in any position. He still has the quality to come up with some big saves, but the consistency hasn't been there for a while and he's erratic, you can see our defenders don't trust his distribution as well.

It's sad, as I honestly think he was underrated a little on here, there was definitely a period for us where he was a very reliable keeper who regularly had top class games. It'll be hard for us to replace that.

Bojan11

Can he please have a good game against Liverpool finally. He probably gifts them a goal everytime they play Spurs.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
From winning the world cup to possibly winning the Champion's League for the first time, it'd be a hell of a year for Hugo Lloris. Hope he doesn't have a brain fart, but I honestly don't really care who wins the final.

IrishRedDevil

Fantastic cross by De Bruyne and very good header by Sterling, but surely Lloris needs to be doing better there? He has his eyes on Sterling as the cross swings in, and knows he’s going with the header.

He just doesn’t convince me as a top keeper.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I thought both goals the keepers should have done better with, the Ederson/Lamela one was ridiculous, it wasn’t even that good a shot or placed perfectly in the corner.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Feel like he spills shots every single week. For me he is the most overrated "elite" (he seems to be in this category somehow) keeper of the last few years.

GMoore23

Barthez was a great keeper. Even for United. His reputation has taken a hit based on selective memory and late 90s/2000s kids watching the one time he had a calamitous game against Arsenal. He used to pull off saves De Gea would be proud of.
I don't remember him being a great keeper for United. He cost a fortune for a Goalkeeper at the time, had a good first season but after that he was very average. Also the guy was crazy, one of the most eccentric players I've ever seen. He was similar to Veron for us in that he came with a Huge reputation and fee, was obviously a quality player but never quite looked fully settled in at United.

Bojan11

Is he a Liverpool fan?

Every time they play them, he gives them a goal.

Bojan11

One of the worst keepers in the league. Always making mistakes vs City or Liverpool.

NinjaFletch

He's a very poor goalkeeper with an equally crap defence in front of him.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's funny looking at the astounding depth France have in every position but this guy is somehow their number 1 keeper.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Remember the Spurs fans talking him up earlier in the season :lol: