Hugs and Kisses at Full Time

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
The only embarrassing thing is the amount of money both set of players cost their clubs. By far the biggest spenders in English football and they produce that shit for 90 minutes.

Quite fitting there was no one at the stands. Hope someone calls them on that point considering they looked all smiles in the end.

Ludens the Red

Awwwww, that’s lovely isn’t it? Everyone having a laugh, giggle, hug and kiss at full time. United were delighted with a point against a City side there for the taking. The mentality at this club is all wrong.
Is that you Roy?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I don't really give a shit what happens after the whistle is gone. They can be as pally as they want. The game's done.

But midgame in a derby is unacceptable. There was one instance where Sterling dived after he felt a hand on his hip, and Maguire just laughed it off. They both did. Weak.

NinjaFletch

Ordinarily I don't care, but having just watched 90 minutes of genuinely one of the most tepid matches I've ever seen it'd be nice to see both teams have enough professional pride to be bothered by it.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Awwwww, that’s lovely isn’t it? Everyone having a laugh, giggle, hug and kiss at full time. United were delighted with a point against a City side there for the taking. The mentality at this club is all wrong.
It was a friendly kick about with mates.

redshaw

Probably elated to not concede then have to pull their finger out to get a draw.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It was a friendly kick about with mates.
That’s how it felt.

I’m not expecting the players to be foaming at the mouth at full time, but it sticks in the throat that they’re so comfortable after a mediocre game.

We didn’t get a point against a peak City side, they were there for the taking.

Solskjaer has been terrible in big games this season, and he was happy to take a point here.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This kind of thing really doesn’t mean anything if we’re honest.

NFL teams go out there and knock bells out of one another, but they’ll often be great friends and swap shirts etc. after a game.

They don’t have to be squaring up in the tunnel like the 90s against Arsenal, even if it was fun to watch. Opposition players getting on with each other doesn’t signal a lack of professionalism or heart. Things have just changed.

DickDastardly

None of them are hungry.

Not hungry for food, or glory, or the club rivalries.

We don't have to talk about Keano and the Arsenal fight, we could talk about any of our former teams that played with passion.

Rooney would be fired up for these kind of games.
Evra as well.
You could always sense the tension in Rio.
Rafael would be fired up as well.

This group of players lack that. Bar Fernandes for desire, and Mctominay for passion...the rest are all....bland. Unsalted. Buttery.

Zoo

Yeah but City also seemed delighted when we were there for the taking. Pep rested his players on midweek too. It’s just one of those games where both teams cancelled each other out, I haven’t seen Lampard criticised much when he did it against us and Spurs.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
This kind of thing really doesn’t mean anything if we’re honest.

NFL teams go out there and knock bells out of one another, but they’ll often be great friends and swap shirts etc. after a game.

They don’t have to be squaring up in the tunnel like the 90s against Arsenal, even if it was fun to watch. Opposition players getting on with each other doesn’t signal a lack of professionalism or heart. Things have just changed.
It is also a sign of respect and praise to the other team or player in terms "well done, a proper fight that one". It is quite common and I even like it.

This, however, looked more annoying considering what a flat affair just rolled in front of our eyes.

It is not a big deal and usually I don't mind it one bit, but this was just slightly irritating after those 90 minutes.

dalriada

I couldn’t bear to watch the post match on Sky, but Keane was livid by all accounts. He knows what it takes to be a winner.
I wouldn't say livid (at least not a headline-grabbing Roy Keane meltdown like his DDG rant), but he clearly doesn't like it and expects at least threatening postures and piercing glares from the players towards their opponents.
Doesn't concern me, I have to say. There's nothing wrong with being sportsmanlike at the end of game regardless of the result.
A lot of it focused on Maguire and Stones and I suspect that's just something between England team mates, especially after Maguire's problems out in Greece.

choccy77

I never seen Tiger Woods, Ronnie O'sullivan or Phil Taylor all hugs and kisses much after shit performances.
True Winners
Tiger was hugging, kissing and shagging anything in a skirt in the bunker, so don't know what ypu're talking about tbh

RedorDead21

None of them are hungry.

Not hungry for food, or glory, or the club rivalries.

We don't have to talk about Keano and the Arsenal fight, we could talk about any of our former teams that played with passion.

Rooney would be fired up for these kind of games.
Evra as well.
You could always sense the tension in Rio.
Rafael would be fired up as well.

This group of players lack that. Bar Fernandes for desire, and Mctominay for passion...the rest are all....bland. Unsalted. Buttery.
I seen a 100+ games under SAF where the football was dire and players looked like they didn’t care. It happens. Jesus his last few years I thought the team and football was dross. Turns out I just didn’t know what real garbage was. Now I do I just think I was a spoilt idiot before. I’m hoping I don’t think the same about me now in afew seasons.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Did this only start under Ole? Or have all our recent managers been weak?
What does it matter?
They and Ole are weak.

He was out again after the match calling it the best derby performance in his time

Hes fecking deluded.

M Bison

Supports
York City
What does it matter?
They and Ole are weak.

He was out again after the match calling it the best derby performance in his time

Hes fecking deluded.
I just wondered if you were complaining because it’s a new thing and/or something all clubs and players do, new-style player you might say.

Is Pep weak? Klopp etc?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Just a sign of how football has changed.

Just like their being no good captains / leaders around anymore.
I think Bruno is a great leader. As is Jordan Henderson, for LFC.
Vincent Kompany was a great leader for MCFC.

Did big teams used to set up to draw matches that often back in the day too? By back in the day I mean 10-15 years. I’m 30 years old but the game seems so much different.
Yes, they did. It depends on whether the team needed a win (while risking a loss) or if 1 point would suffice.
MUFC have been about winning at all costs. That's the reason why Jose's football was not appreciated. He would sometimes set us up for a 0-0 draw, though Ole is now adopting this tactic.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
isn’t his football these day (unfortunately)?The days when players “fought” in the tunnel, “fought” after the final whistle, put their heads down in shame for a draw or loss are long gone.
Nobody is asking players to fight.
But how about they actually give a damn about the poor result?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Carrick drooling all over Pep wasn’t a great look either

GazTheLegend

The caf is going full "yer Da" Graham Souness these days.

Need fans back in stadiums asap.