Humiliating Defeats aka Totally Destroyed

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Tottenham Hotspur 3-5 Manchester United - 2001 PL. Great comeback. Lads, it's SPurs..

Argentina 0-4 Germany - 2010 WC. Look at that hunk Argentina Gk.

United 8-2 Arsenal - 2011 Premier League. Rooney..:eek:

SPAIN 1-5 NETHERLANDS - 2014 WC. Best of LVG.

Any others?

Last edited:

prateik

How can you start off with Argentina - Germany in the World Cup and not mention Germany thrashing Brazil in Brazil in the world cup semis..

reddevilchennai

City 6 United 1 was difficult to swallow, personally for me. That defeat made city to believe in themselves.

RUCK4444

I was there for the Arsenal 8-2

It was the game that kept on giving, a goal every couple of minutes. A lot of great goals as well.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Argentina 0-4 Germany - 2010 WC. Look at that hunk Argentina Gk.

United 8-2 Arsenal - 2011 Premier League. Rooney..:eek:

SPAIN 1-5 NETHERLANDS - 2014 WC. Best of LVG.

Any others?
You really forgot Germany Brazil?? Anyways Bayen and Arsenal(a couple of fixtures to choose from). City - Chelsea (6-0). I kind of felt the City - United game under Mourinho where they where playing with us and showboating at the end was humiliating

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
You really forgot Germany Brazil?? Anyways Bayen and Arsenal(a couple of fixtures to choose from). City - Chelsea (6-0). I kind of felt the City - United game under Mourinho where they where playing with us and showboating at the end was humiliating
Germany - Brazil is one. I don't recall Bayern - Arsenal though.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers

On paper this looked to be a pretty intriguing QF, with Mexican going into it on a 22 match unbeaten run (admittedly having not faced a team as good as Chile apart from a draw in a friendly against Argentina), but this was an epic beatdown and of the course California is basically as good as home turf for Mexico.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
We suffered a pair of 7-1 defeats against Utd in 2010/2011 (with Berbatov scoring 5 goals) and Arsenal in 2011/2012 (with a hat-trick from Van Persie and Henry also scoring), which were both painful. I was very happy that I couldn't go to Old Trafford for that massacre, but I could go the next season when we won on Fergie's 70th birthday. I don't think there are good quality highlights of either thrashing on you tube (thankfully).

Happier times were when we enjoyed our own 7-1 thrashing of West Ham in 2001/2002 (I think they had lost their previous game 5-0 away to Everton as well):

Thiagoal

The one that I always think of is when we lost 5-0 to Newcastle! We were head to head with them at the time and they absolutely annihilated us. Could have been eight or nine in truth! Ginola was sensational!

And who can forget “Alberrrrrrrrrrrrt” to finish it all off? I cried for hours after this one. Watching it now was surprisingly ok though..

SerenityValley

The one that I always think of is when we lost 5-0 to Newcastle! We were head to head with them at the time and they absolutely annihilated us. Could have been eight or nine in truth! Ginola was sensational!

And who can forget “Alberrrrrrrrrrrrt” to finish it all off? I cried for hours after this one. Watching it now was surprisingly ok though..

I moved to Newcastle in 1995 And worked nightshift in a Tesco. I went to work that night with my Utd top on.

i knew I was getting slaughtered so I thought I’d brazen it out.

At 1am, we went for “lunch” - put my food down and went for a slash. Came back and all my stuff covered in 5-0 stickers.
including INSIDE my bloody ham sandwich!

Kivu

PSV - Feyenoord 10-0 (24-10-2010). Wijnaldum was playing for Feyenoord, and afterwards went to PSV, Newcastle and now at Liverpool.

(Cannot post any link/video)

Last edited:

RyRy11

Old Firm Derby back in 2000 when Scottish football was still relevant. Larsson scoring my favourite non United goal on that day.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

This one. Thought Leicester would tail off (Lesson learnt to never ever write them off AGAIN) but this pretty much showed everyone that they were there to stay and cement their place in the top 4.

Also poignant as everyone thought Southampton would be relegated but they turned it around and look relatively safe now.

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

This one was brutal, considering the occasion. Wenger's 1000th game...

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Our 6-3 loss to Southampton. We lost 5-0 to Newcastle a week before I think

Thiagoal

Our 6-3 loss to Southampton. We lost 5-0 to Newcastle a week before I think
Infamous match where we swapped shirts at half time cos SAF hated the grey one! I’ve still got that one in my loft actually

Thiagoal

I moved to Newcastle in 1995 And worked nightshift in a Tesco. I went to work that night with my Utd top on.

i knew I was getting slaughtered so I thought I’d brazen it out.

At 1am, we went for “lunch” - put my food down and went for a slash. Came back and all my stuff covered in 5-0 stickers.
including INSIDE my bloody ham sandwich!
That’s amazing :lol:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
For United:

8-2 vs Arsenal
7-1 vs As Roma
7-1 vs Blackburn
9-0 vs Ipswich

Against:

City 1-6
Newcastle 5-0
Soton 6-3

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Contextually important considering Arsenal hadn't won a trophy since 2005. At last they were going to put things right .... Obafemi Martinssssssss

Utterly outclassed by Biesla's side

No words

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Watford are an embarassment againt City

I think Wigan had to give the fans their money back after this one

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Spain beating Austria 9-0 in their Euro 2000 qualifier:

Austria had qualified for the 1998 World Cup, and were not exactly a minnow.

paulscholes18

Those back to back 3-0 home defeats to City & Liverpool the plus side to losing 3-0 to Liverpool was Ray bobbins rant

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Crystal Palace 3 - 3 Liverpool

Can you be totally humiliated and destroyed by a draw? I think so