Humiliating Defeats aka Totally Destroyed

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
Infamous match where we swapped shirts at half time cos SAF hated the grey one! I’ve still got that one in my loft actually
That's a different match. United trailing 0 - 3 in the first half. Changed shirt, and United didn't concede more goals in the second half. I watched that match live on tv here in Indonesia. I think that's in 1995/1996.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Remember when we were smashed to pieces by Middlesborough.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Liverpool 5 Forest 0

A lot of hammerings are good teams beating average/poor teams
Forest were a decent team (Webb, Clough, Walker, Pearce), 4th at the time and reached the Fa Cup semi final.

Liverpool annihilated them. Forest goalie played really well and Liverpool could have got 7+.

Liverpool didn't have one of their great teams (imo) but the front four were excellent. Beardsley (one of my favourite players outside United), Barnes, Houghton, Aldridge.

The skill by Barnes for the fourth goal is lovely... another player I'd pay to watch.

Lasting memory is the last goal and Stuart Pearce flailing a foot on the goal-line then head dropping, looking like a Sunday pub player.

Red Daz

5-0 Newcastle was almost too much to bare , still haunts me haha

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I moved to Newcastle in 1995 And worked nightshift in a Tesco. I went to work that night with my Utd top on.

i knew I was getting slaughtered so I thought I’d brazen it out.

At 1am, we went for “lunch” - put my food down and went for a slash. Came back and all my stuff covered in 5-0 stickers.
including INSIDE my bloody ham sandwich!
:lol: :lol:

TheScriptwriter

Supports
Juventus
Arsenal 1-5 Bayern
Bayern 5-1 Arsenal
Bayern 5-1 Arsenal
Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal
United 8-2 Arsenal
Milan 4-0 Arsenal
City 6-3 Arsenal
Liverpool - Arsenal almost every time at Anfield.
Atletico 4-0 Real
Stoke 6-1 Liverpool
Atalanta 5-0 Milan
Arsenal 5-2 Tottenham

In the last decade Arsenal had a lot of terrible results for the stature of their club.

manutddjw

Good shout on the Bilbao tie. I always found it amusing we tried to downplay it by saying it’s the Europa League, but the truth is we were completely outclassed tactically.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Good shout on the Bilbao tie. I always found it amusing we tried to downplay it by saying it’s the Europa League, but the truth is we were completely outclassed tactically.
We displayed an unhealthy sense of arrogance when we dropped into the EL that season. We almost deserved to be humiliated.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Brazil 1 - 7 Germany is the biggest, most humiliating, soul crushing defeat in any sport I've ever seen. It goes far beyond the scoreline. It's the collective dream of a country being mercilessly buldozered into oblivion.

What ever happened to Fontaine?

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
This one is quite appropriate as it happened exactly 31 years ago (to the day). Real Madrid were on a streak where they had won 4 La Liga titles on the trot and had reached the European Cup semi-final stage in both 1987 and 1988. Sánchez was the reigning Pichichi, Butragueño had finished 3rd in the Ballon D'Or a year ago, Schuster had just signed from bitter rivals Barcelona — and then, of course, you had the Quinta del Buitre narrative (analogous to the Class of '92 for United). All came crashing down vs. a club that had embarked upon its first European Cup campaign in a decade, an era-defining match really — at least for Milan, who drew great confidence from the spanking and established themselves as the foremost team in all of football under Sacchi and subsequently Capello.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Not a 6-0 or anything and I’m definitely bias but I’m re watching it live on YouTube now - Wednesday 2-4 Blades. First derby in ages, we’d just got promoted from league one and made a huge statement. I’ve not heard any stick from Wednesday fans since. Currently 0-2 on YouTube ;)

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Can i cheat a bit and use parts of some games? Firstly referring to United Vs Chelsea in 2013 in the FA Cup, we were 2 down at half time but in the second half we got it back level and only God knows how we didn't win, I've never seen United so systematically torn apart at Old Trafford. That game made me really excited for the potential of the new team we were building.

Second was that opening 20 minutes from Barca at The Emirates in 2010, they didn't score because Almunia saved everything but that aside from that it was the most perfect 20 minutes of football you are ever likely to see.

Now playing by the rules and going on full matches off the top of my head.

Chelsea 5-0 Everton 2016
Barca 5-0 Real 2010
Barca 3-1 United 2011
Atleti 2-0 Barca 2016
United 7-1 Roma 2007

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Liverpool 5 Forest 0

A lot of hammerings are good teams beating average/poor teams
Forest were a decent team (Webb, Clough, Walker, Pearce), 4th at the time and reached the Fa Cup semi final.

Liverpool annihilated them. Forest goalie played really well and Liverpool could have got 7+.

Liverpool didn't have one of their great teams (imo) but the front four were excellent. Beardsley (one of my favourite players outside United), Barnes, Houghton, Aldridge.

The skill by Barnes for the fourth goal is lovely... another player I'd pay to watch.

Lasting memory is the last goal and Stuart Pearce flailing a foot on the goal-line then head dropping, looking like a Sunday pub player.

A lot of Liverpool fans who were around at the time feel the 1987/88 team were better than Klopp's current side. I was at that Forest match & I remember being nervous prior to kick-off because they were a very good side & we'd just beaten them in the FA Cup semi final a few days before, so the worry was they'd have the motivation to extract some sort of revenge. Happy to say it never happened as we completely destroyed Brian Clough's team. 10 years prior I was also at the match where we thrashed Spurs 7-0. The southern based press were bigging up the north London side as potential champions after they'd signed recent world cup winners Ossie Ardilles & Ricky Villa to go along with the likes of Glenn Hoddle & Steve Perryman.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
A lot of Liverpool fans who were around at the time feel the 1987/88 team were better than Klopp's current side. I was at that Forest match & I remember being nervous prior to kick-off because they were a very good side & we'd just beaten them in the FA Cup semi final a few days before, so the worry was they'd have the motivation to extract some sort of revenge. Happy to say it never happened as we completely destroyed Brian Clough's team. 10 years prior I was also at the match where we thrashed Spurs 7-0. The southern based press were bigging up the north London side as potential champions after they'd signed recent world cup winners Ossie Ardilles & Ricky Villa to go along with the likes of Glenn Hoddle & Steve Perryman.

Possibly explains why the Southern based press gave every single Liverpool player 10/10 in the Sunday papers the following day :lol:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

Only a friendly but the Euro and WC champions in 2010 with the best midfield ever getting demolished by this Portugal team was hilarious

HTG

Supports
Bayern

I miss our games against Hamburg.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
:( I will never forget this game.The most humiliating defeat

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Brazil 1 - 7 Germany is the biggest, most humiliating, soul crushing defeat in any sport I've ever seen. It goes far beyond the scoreline. It's the collective dream of a country being mercilessly buldozered into oblivion.

What ever happened to Fontaine?
Have to agree. The countries had quite a rivalry for a while and still do. For Germany to that to Brazil, in Brazil was incredible.

Fontaine got permabanned I believe.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
A lot of Liverpool fans who were around at the time feel the 1987/88 team were better than Klopp's current side. I was at that Forest match & I remember being nervous prior to kick-off because they were a very good side & we'd just beaten them in the FA Cup semi final a few days before, so the worry was they'd have the motivation to extract some sort of revenge. Happy to say it never happened as we completely destroyed Brian Clough's team.
There's been at least three Liverpool teams I'd rate over Klopps. I just meant that a team with Ablett and Gillespie (ok players mind) at the back would struggle to compare to some of the great 70s defenders. (but as I said, the front four (five if you include McMahon) were excellent).

The Spurs game was the one with McDermott scoring one of the goals of the season? I really rated him..... we did a pre-PL draft game thread a year or two ago and I had him in my side. Great player in a great team.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
The 6-1 loss against Stoke was pretty grim.

The slip game.

Crystanbul.

You could probably pick a random Arsenal game from the past decade and have a good chance of finding one.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

"This Liverpool side is the greatest of all time. Would totes destroy Barca la"

@
Dumbstar

Alive and kicking by all accounts.