Hypothetical question...

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Should we have also a thread about what happens if he stays fit for the whole season?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He went missing for about the same last season, and he wasn't even injured.

Cypriot

Matic - McTominay - Fred

I've never seen a more 10th place looking midfield in my life. Christ we are really in trouble - and I'm usually quite optimistic about United. I've never been more concerned with the state of our midfield.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not all clubs can equate for injuries to their best players, what would Liverpool do with an injury to Van Dijk? Then there are other clubs like City who can loose De Bruyne and barely notice. Just an unfortunate consequence of being where we are at the moment in that we're building a team not trying to maintain one

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Not all clubs can equate for injuries to their best players, what would Liverpool do with an injury to Van Dijk? Then there are other clubs like City who can loose De Bruyne and barely notice. Just an unfortunate consequence of being where we are at the moment in that we're building a team not trying to maintain one
Agree with that but I really do think the club should have bought someone for midfield. Very concerned about Matic.

JoaquinJoaquin

It's ok lads, Pereira and Lingard instill the traditions of the club and the Class of 92. That is enough.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It's pretty sad that we are so over-reliant on a player who is extremely inconsistent and unreliable himself.

Bestietom

Having to rely on Pogba when he really don't want to be here is madness. I believe we should have brought in 2 midfielders as was seemingly the plan from the start.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Matic - McTominay - Fred

I've never seen a more 10th place looking midfield in my life. Christ we are really in trouble - and I'm usually quite optimistic about United. I've never been more concerned with the state of our midfield.
What we'd do for a 'zombie midfield' in Carrick and Cleverley right now :lol:

Having to rely on Pogba when he really don't want to be here is madness. I believe we should have brought in 2 midfielders as was seemingly the plan from the start.
Please elaborate on the bold part? I'm eager to know because the only mid we've been credibly linked with this summer is Sean Longstaff.