I am hoping we do not sign Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndersB

Pretty sticking-my-neck-out for my first ever thread on this site, but here goes.

Signing Ronaldo now feels like the kind of signing we should not make at this point, one that could, potentially, disrupt the dressing room climate, which seems very good and balanced right now, and one of the prime qualities of Ole's time as a manager here. Even with Bruno being from Portugal himself it will certainly do something to his role, and make him a smaller fish in the pond (and what about penalties?). Ronaldo is a player used to being a leader, to dictate stuff, to get what he wants - as Pep reportedly said, he chooses where he wants to play.

In addition to this, we have a pretty horrid record with making galactico or close-to-galactico signings, especially late in their careers. Sanchez, Scwheinsteiger, Di Maria, Falcao - to name a few.

Ronaldo obviously played here already, and was one of the best I've ever seen. But he's at a very different place in his career right now (and obviously at a very different age).

Also, I have to admit it is the kind of Disneyland we-get-who-we-want type signing that I have never been that fond of. But i get that is personal preference

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Can't be that wrong to get Ronaldos work ethic to rub off on the younger players for a season or two?

Siezard

Ronaldo is of a different breed. He can certainty play at an incredible till age 38 or even 40+

PiplurvesPip

Bruno being from Portugal himself it will certainly do something to his role, and make him a smaller fish in the pond (and what about penalties?)
Bruno cares about winning not about who takes pens he gave up a hattrick pen for rashford.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Cavani was a Galactico signing and he did well. Ronaldo is a much better player than Cavani and he has played here before, so there is no way this won't work.

With Ronaldo, with Pogba, Bruno, Rashford and sancho behind him, we will have the best defense and now the best attack in Europe. I can't see a scenario where we are not winning a trophy with this team.

Raw

Looking forward to bumping this thread when he bags a hat trick in his first game.

(Really though I think we all have genuine concerns over the signing, but the excitement is too much right now)

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Him going to City would have won them the title I'm sure of it. I don't think we're guaranteed the title but our chances have increased, moreover he's a winner, having someone as hungry as him for success will only be good. Secondly, if Cavani is only available for a few games then we need a striker as Greenwood is still quite raw and Martial looks horribly out of form.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There's no chance at disrupting the dressing room. Literally every big name in our squad idolizes or is friends with Ronaldo. Bruno would give him pens without hesitation. Rashford and Sancho idolized him. Varane and him are friends. I'm not worried.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i was just sat there wondering what andersb made of all this.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If a player of that quality is available, you don’t turn down the opportunity to sign them. Especially someone who has history with this club. Can’t wait for him to step-out in the red shirt again.

The_Midfielder

Ffs It is Ronaldo.. he is not your Bruno, Pogba or Varane.. He is one of the best ever...
If we can get Ronaldo .. we break the bank for him ..

Blood Mage

I have concerns that the pace of the league will be a bit too much for him but it's crazy to say that Ronaldo will have a negative impact on the dressing room atmosphere. It will give the whole team a lift!

BlueHaze

If you flip the letters around in OP name you get B.Sanders.

B. Sanders a caf member.

AndersB

Obviously, I was expecting these reactions. And of course, I hope I am proved wrong. I just like the direction the club has been heading cohesion-wise, enthusiasm-wise, and I would hate it if that changed.

But, what do I know.

(Robbing City of him would admittedly be fantastic in and of itself btw)

Mcking

Personally don't think this is a transfer we should be making, seems everyone has been caught in the euphoria.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
I never liked Cristiano, bit common, he's clear upgrade over Martial and Cavani even being 36y old.

big rons sovereign

Been feeling a little unsure about it myself.
Whilst I'm chuffed to see him back, I wonder if it will leave us a bit unbalanced.
Saying that I was pissed when we signe cavani and he turned out pretty well.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The thing about Ronaldo I'm most excited about is because Ole is this manager who gives an absolute complete freedom to his players on the pitch.

Whilst Ronaldo is 36 - I wonder what this predatory ST type player might be when reacting freely with the other free teammates around him.

Loving what I'm seeing.

The Plump Poet

Supports
Southend United
This will be a gigantic disappointment, and I'm here for it. Especially when you all see Juve rise at the same time.

On a separate and unrelated note: feck Juve.

superdry

touched by a genius
As much as I was planning to hate him forever for joining the bitters, I think I'm ready to kill the fatted calf!

Siorac

I have massive doubts, too, but I must admit the sheer suddenness of it, the way it's come out of the blue (pun very much intended) is quite exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.