I apologise Ole!

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Losing to the bottom of the barrel. Literally. Shocking. Title race my azz.

Wilt

i don’t want him to get an extension at all. There was a report a few weeks back saying that Woodward wanted to open contract talks with him.
Me neither, in fact i didn’t want him at all. But if Utd get top 4 then I’m sure that will be enough to satisfy Woodward.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We never ever lost to a bottom 3 team under Fergie. Not even once. Never happened. We won all those games by at least 3 goals. Fire him.

kitress

Let's move him to a DOF after a mutual consent and hire someone who we deserve. after 8 horrible years wasting so much talent and money.
Well, I think it's insane to let him fail upward. He hasn't solved the defense despite spending an ungodly amount of money on it. He hasn't solved the midfield despite having the world's most expensive midfielder. And surely he hasn't solved the attack despite lucking out with Bruno. His squad building talent is just like his title chase, a mirage.

What he's good at is leveraging his nice-guy attitude to draw out some individual brilliance, which is a fair strategy when he has the league's most expensive squad at his disposal. But when he depends on the whims of his players, he doesn't have the consistency to mount a successful league campaign. So the best he can do is a top 4 finish. Basically he's turned Man United into Arsenal mk. 2 (Wengers era).

In short, I think his cheerleading skills is more apt for the role of a manager, not so good for a DOF.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
My opinion is definitely on the sceptical side and that has not changed but results have been too good to ignore recently. I am still happy we haven't extended his contract prematurely before we see how this season goes which was a mistake we did when we first appointed him as permanent.

With Pochetinno and Tuchel both on 18-month deals, you can see how top clubs are looking to be a lot more cautious on their managers in this current economic climate.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
We never ever lost to a bottom 3 team under Fergie. Not even once. Never happened. We won all those games by at least 3 goals. Fire him.
Is this actaully true?

Jericho

Is the apology rescinded now?

It was too soon to think we'd completely turned a corner but it's also too soon to think this was another false dawn based on tonights loss. We've improved, there will be blips, hopefully the team learn something from this.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
There's loads about him as a manager that I love. Like for example being a good man manager in the saf mold, bringing a feel good factor and making us hard to beat by never giving in by scoring late goals. Like saf. But his in game management and team selections and coaching different styles to break down a defence...I've had a few beers but keep ole but he needs a possession based approach to go along with the good he brings.
In saf era we were a great counter team with the best motivator but we also could pass the ball around and play cintilating one touch football. And we could adapt. Ole and his staff I think have taken us as far as we can go with our players, the next step is with help for ole or another manager. Apologies for the crap explanation.

wolvored

Wait until the end of the season before even considering a contract extension for him.
This. We have won nothing and being top at the halfway stage counted for nothing. Lets see were we're at after 38 games. Finish top 4 he will get an extension, probably a year, 5th or lower he will be sacked.

Ludens the Red

He has outsmarted

Klopp
Mourinho
Guardiola
Bielsa
Pochetinho
Nagglesman
Ancelotti

All these 'world class' managers.

He has literally been a student of the sport from when he was playing, He studied the game. Took notes in training sessions. Took notes on the bench. Studied. Studied. Studied the game. Did his badges at age 37.

Yet... a couple guys with silly names on an internet forum don't think he has a football philosophy.

I personally see a similar philosophy in Ole that a guy who used to manage United called Alex once had. Which was to be a pragmatic attacker. He will nullify the opposition's best team and expose their weaknesses to attack. Which means every game; game to game, is a slightly different approach. That guy Alex went on to win 13 Premier League titles in the space of 20 years. I shit you not.

I mean, how can there be people silly enough to think Ole Gunnar - OF ALL PEOPLE - doesn't have a football philosophy? We literally know for certain that he has been studying the game whilst still being involved in the game. Fergie has shared plenty of stories about how Ole used to ask him for his training notes after sessions.

Ole Gunnar has been studying football lo

He has literally been a student of the sport from when he was playing, He studied the game. Took notes in training sessions. Took notes on the bench. Studied. Studied. Studied the game. Did his badges at age 37.
Yet... a couple guys with silly names on an internet forum don't think he has a football philosophy.
I personally see a similar philosophy in Ole that a guy who used to manage United called Alex once had. Which was to be a pragmatic attacker. He will nullify the opposition's best team and expose their weaknesses to attack. Which means every game; game to game, is a slightly different approach. That guy Alex went on to win 13 Premier League titles in the space of 20 years. I shit you not.
I mean, how can there be people silly enough to think Ole Gunnar - OF ALL PEOPLE - doesn't have a football philosophy? We literally know for certain that he has been studying the game whilst still being involved in the game. Fergie has shared plenty of stories about how Ole used to ask him for his training notes after sessions.
Ole Gunnar has been studying football longer than these gobshites talking about him not having a philosophy have been 'supporting' Manchester United.
:lol: I mean if it wasn’t obvious before which recently departed poster this is....

Greck

Can we just have an amnesty to not gloat among ourselves if we win or don't win the league this season. Never been his biggest fan but he's done an acceptable job either way. This back and forth isn't fun on nights like this. Not a big fan of lighting fireworks for only being top of the table in January but we're all on the same side. If we don't win we're going to get enough crap from oppo fans without making the sting any worse. The crappy 1-2 puns are already cringy enough

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I was wrong when I thought you didn’t have it in you.

There are still things you need to develop. Maybe be a little more active on the sideline, at least that’s my wish. Your tactical knowledge will improve with experience so time should be on your side on that department. I can only see positive things with your squad management, its an achievement of highest caliber to bring back a little bit of our old calmness and togetherness to the club.

Bringing Darren Fletcher to your team of coaching staff is in my opinion the right move. He represents everything that’s good with our academy and his journey is a good example what’s happening if you’re determined and don’t give up.

The storm seems to be over! From now on I’m 100% sure you’re the right guy to take us forward to success. There will be bumps on the road and we will face disappointments but the future look bright with you at the wheel. The foundation is there and with a few addition we will challenge everybody in Europe. .
Eat your words.

hungrywing

Can we add a comma in the thread title?
Have you noticed that the compliment/complement issue has come full circle people are starting to say "______ paid him a nice complement during MOTD" and "Ole was so complementary of him in the post-match interview."

We have bigger spelling/grammatical fish to fry.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What a load of rubbish if you are being serious.
Of course I’m not. We were losing many of those games, eg 3-2 loss to Blackburn at OT in Dec 2011 which virtually handed the title to City in the end. We were losing to bottom teams quite frequently.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

He clearly deserves our support for getting us into a good position, no matter of personal opinions.
No idea how he did it watching us play, but it worked.

Dr. StrangeHate

He has outsmarted

Klopp
Mourinho
Guardiola
Bielsa
Pochetinho
Nagglesman
Ancelotti

Ole Gunnar has been studying football lo

Ole Gunnar has been studying football longer than these gobshites talking about him not having a philosophy have been 'supporting' Manchester United.
Hi Sammsky.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
We were very lucky in some matches and 1 point became 3. Bruno and luck played a huge part in our league position. Ole is still a mediocre manager.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We were very lucky in some matches and 1 point became 3. Bruno and luck played a huge part in our league position. Ole is still a mediocre manager.
Apart from BHA and maybe WHU game, which game are you even on about here? We've been the better side in each of our wins bar those 2, and if anything we were much better than Leicester in the 2-2 and if Utd vs Pool would have had a winner, that would have been us!

Saddy

I'd gone backward and forward on supporting Ole but he's only one or two matches away from losing confidence - bounce back and beat Arsenal on Saturday and we can show there is still potential to come through and let's be honest the title was always a long shot - top 4 is still the objective.

However he continues to have the same faults that are such a handicap :-

1. Not prepared to change the starting formation until at least the 60th minute and looking passive on his seat.
2. Total faith in the MMM front-line against low block/5 at the back and organised defences - that match was crying out for Mata or DVB playing in the front-line and if necessary the problem right wing slot. This could easily been changed at half-time IMO - see point 1.
3. Giving Bruno total responsibility in taking all free-kicks ( I know he allowed Rashford a go last night from longer distance ) but why not try Telles as a left footed option ?
4. Vocal and energy on the touchline - Martial and Rashford both totally failed to make a real effort to get back quickly and put a foot in right in front of them but I couldn't hear anything coming from the manager or coaching staff.
5. I think he comes across reasonably well in interviews but please stop saying "that's football" when we have a slip up or lose a match - particularly at fecking home !

Reactions: nimic

romufc

I'd gone backward and forward on supporting Ole but he's only one or two matches away from losing confidence - bounce back and beat Arsenal on Saturday and we can show there is still potential to come through and let's be honest the title was always a long shot - top 4 is still the objective.

However he continues to have the same faults that are such a handicap :-

1. Not prepared to change the starting formation until at least the 60th minute and looking passive on his seat.
2. Total faith in the MMM front-line against low block/5 at the back and organised defences - that match was crying out for Mata or DVB playing in the front-line and if necessary the problem right wing slot. This could easily been changed at half-time IMO - see point 1.
3. Giving Bruno total responsibility in taking all free-kicks ( I know he allowed Rashford a go last night from longer distance ) but why not try Telles as a left footed option ?
4. Vocal and energy on the touchline - Martial and Rashford both totally failed to make a real effort to get back quickly and put a foot in right in front of them but I couldn't hear anything coming from the manager or coaching staff.
5. I think he comes across reasonably well in interviews but please stop saying "that's football" when we have a slip up or lose a match - particularly at fecking home !
I would like to point out to you that we have gone down in alot of games and come back.

There have been games where he has persisted with the same team and they turn it around, we got the goal and he thought let me give them a little more time.

2. He doesn't have total faith in them, go check how many games they have started together this season.

3. Bruno doesn't have total responsibility - Rashford took one yesterday and the second one was on a side that favoured the right footer...

4. Is there a managerial playbook that says being vocal and loud on the touch line wins you games? every manager has his /her way of managing, Ole does not believe in shouting and screaming at his players all game.

5. What do you want him to say? call the players out saying they were crap? He did say they lacked imagination etc...

Zen86

Have the apologies been taken back now the wheels have come off and we’re rubbish again?

croadyman

Wait until the end of the season before even considering a contract extension for him.
You should know that Toy Story puppet doesn't think like that and is very likely to get caught up in the crest of wave if we either end our semi final hoodoo (no chance) or dare I say actually winning the FA Cup/Europa League