I apologise Ole!

rotherham_red

You didn't mention any games or teams specifically before you talked about the defence not creaking. You replied to a post that specifically talked about the record against Spurs, Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Arsenal and then you said "I don't remember any of those games where our defence was ever truly creaking."

Surely that includes all the games the other guy was talking about?

Also, that second paragraph. I can't believe any United fan thinks we created enough chances to win the game. Cavani missed one good chance, but there isn't a striker in the world getting one chance and scoring one goal a game. The overhead kick wasn't an easy chance. Arsenal had Pepe's blocked shot, Willian's terrible control and Lacazette hit the bar. We had a couple of other half chances, like Arsenal did. Im not saying we should've lost, I'm saying I disagree that we created enough to win the game. A draw was fair, and that's a little annoying.

Also, there is more that Ole fan do other than put on some boots and show them. That's literally the manager's job.
Read it again. I said *majority* of those games, not any. As I said, the Spurs game and maybe the City and Arsenal home games are the ones where you could argue that on the balance of play and quality of chances created that we didn't deserve a win (though in the case of the latter two we didn't necessarily deserve a loss either).

We easily had 2 very, very good chances for Cavani (or if you don't want to count the volley then Martial was running on to it and would have had an even easier chance). Rashford should have had at least one, though I'll cut him some slack as it was on his left foot. Bruno 's shot in the first half also, where he'd done Luiz on the inside and was one on one with Leno in the box and could have got nearer before shooting was another decent chance too. If you're wanting to count Lacazette's free kick then why are you saying Cavani's volley shouldn't be counted? It's a lot easier to score from Cavani's position than it was Lacazette's. Willian's was a decent chance, I'll agree though Pepe's was very unlikely to go in.

Re your last point: I'd suggest you take a look at the stats: we're consistently among the highest big chance creating teams in the league (3rd, slightly behind Liverpool and City - with the team at the top of that (City) only creating 4 more than we have). However, we top the league in terms of big chances missed, with 40. That just isn't sustainable and if we do want to get anything out of this season, our forwards need to turn up. This isn't a Jose team who sit back after going a goal or two up.

rotherham_red

When you see certain players put in zero effort, walk around the pitch and track back with all the enthusiasm of a teenager being told to clean his room yet week after week he comes back and does the same then either;

the manager hasn’t noticed,or

the manager has noticed but lacks confidence to confront player or,

the manager has confronted player and player doesn’t care

None of these scenarios are good and yet when was the last time Rashford even got so much as a flea in his ear during a game?

This isn’t about Rashford it’s about the manager. Yes he could be doing this behind the scenes. But nobody believes he’s doing that. If he is and players continue to walk around d field as Rashford does then it speaks volumes to how much his word matters
I'd suggest you watch Ole's interview on the High Performance podcast on YouTube where this was explicitly asked of him. These things don't go unnoticed by Ole. He just keep it in house and gives that player enough rope to either save himself or hang himself. He did it with Lingard and Pereira last season and he'll do it with anyone else who doesn't meet the standards.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Read it again. I said *majority* of those games, not any. As I said, the Spurs game and maybe the City and Arsenal home games are the ones where you could argue that on the balance of play and quality of chances created that we didn't deserve a win (though in the case of the latter two we didn't necessarily deserve a loss either).

We easily had 2 very, very good chances for Cavani (or if you don't want to count the volley then Martial was running on to it and would have had an even easier chance). Rashford should have had at least one, though I'll cut him some slack as it was on his left foot. Bruno 's shot in the first half also, where he'd done Luiz on the inside and was one on one with Leno in the box and could have got nearer before shooting was another decent chance too. If you're wanting to count Lacazette's free kick then why are you saying Cavani's volley shouldn't be counted? It's a lot easier to score from Cavani's position than it was Lacazette's. Willian's was a decent chance, I'll agree though Pepe's was very unlikely to go in.

Re your last point: I'd suggest you take a look at the stats: we're consistently among the highest big chance creating teams in the league (3rd, slightly behind Liverpool and City - with the team at the top of that (City) only creating 4 more than we have). However, we top the league in terms of big chances missed, with 40. That just isn't sustainable and if we do want to get anything out of this season, our forwards need to turn up. This isn't a Jose team who sit back after going a goal or two up.
To be fair, your English in getting that across wasn't very good then. You didn't make it clear you were talking about the majority of the games when you said "any of the games". It seemed like 2 different points.

Re. The chances, I've said I'm not splitting hairs. I agree on most of your post, but I'll still say that doesn't mean we did enough to win "comfortably", which is what others have said.

It's interesting as at other times, our forwards have been extremely clinical. Right now they're not being clinical. They're actually underperforming, like you said. But that doesn't mean a managers job is done, does it? It's about guiding the players through those spells, which we have no idea how well Ole is doing to be honest.

Like I've said all along, I don't think we did enough against Arsenal to win comfortably. Do I think we could have won, yes?

BR7

Currently ole is the one not meeting standards. All we get are excuses or some ridiculous comments he’s brought the club together etc.. you can’t have the away record we have and then continuously struggle against bottom/mid table clubs at home. Makes no sense and it all falls on the manager as it should do.

Dr. StrangeHate

Bit embarrassing the swing in here
Going on about the big games being goalless, I’m not sure how it’s pinned on ole

Liverpool two huge chances to score, pogba 6 yards out.
Arsenal two huge chances to score, Rashford and Cavani 6 yards out (maybe 3)
Ole had done his part, he can’t put the ball in the net for them.
We can apply that logic in reverse as well. Bruno scored an amazing goal against Liverpool. Pogba similarly scored several worldies in the past few weeks. These moments were purely individual efforts which we cannot put on Ole. Truth is in the middle. We don't create enough chances and need our forwards to take few chances we get which is not possible for even someone as good as Cavani. That is the problem, we have improved from last year in that respect and with more signings will improve further. Can we take the final step up though?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Recruitment recruitment recruitment

Pep and Klopp are most likely better tactical managers, that’s fair enough. Neither came in and dominated. They spent plenty of time building their teams. Pep replaces expensive players every season on a whim and works with a blank chequebook. We are still stuck with Jones ffs. They release Silva we sign matic up for 3 more years. Liverpool have had to do a slower build which is more in line with what we have here. I’m liking the way Ole is shaping the squad even if it is taking a bit longer than fans would like. His man management is on point. How are we going to play amazing dominating football when a free transfer forward and a player who’s wanted to leave for the last 3 summers have been saving our bacon over the last few months. Pogba and Martial aren’t even Oles players but he’s stuck with them through some terrible form. He’s managed the Pogba situation perfectly and kept us on track. We are just about getting it over the line and that’s what it’s going to continue to be like until we sign key players in key positions. If ole was given his targets we’d be in a better place than we are now and we are already doing alright. I think patience is key here. I’m hoping Ole will be a good stabilising manager for the long term. Other managers are just going to come in here and fall out with the glazers and ed when the progress isn’t fast enough and I don’t see that happening with Ole. I think we will start to look a far more settled and attractive proposition for players coming in and there’s no drama anymore apart from Pogba. The no drama bit is priceless.

Last edited:

rotherham_red

To be fair, your English in getting that across wasn't very good then. You didn't make it clear you were talking about the majority of the games when you said "any of the games". It seemed like 2 different points.

Re. The chances, I've said I'm not splitting hairs. I agree on most of your post, but I'll still say that doesn't mean we did enough to win "comfortably", which is what others have said.

It's interesting as at other times, our forwards have been extremely clinical. Right now they're not being clinical. They're actually underperforming, like you said. But that doesn't mean a managers job is done, does it? It's about guiding the players through those spells, which we have no idea how well Ole is doing to be honest.

Like I've said all along, I don't think we did enough against Arsenal to win comfortably. Do I think we could have won, yes?
I mean, I'm not sure how much better I could get that point across than by literally saying MAJORITY in the sentence :houllier: :lol: but it's a minor quibble.

Yes, of course, and I'm sure behind the scenes that is exactly what's happening, but on the pitch it's down to the players. We're creating enough big chances for them, even when you compare our numbers with the rest of the league, so there really isn't any excuse IMO. Unless you think that if we created 5 more big chances to top that table, that we'd suddenly see Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Cavani remember how to do their jobs?

croadyman

Recruitment recruitment recruitment

Pep and Klopp are most likely better tactical managers, that’s fair enough. Neither came in and dominated. They spent plenty of time building their teams. Pep replaces expensive players every season on a whim and works with a blank chequebook. We are still stuck with Jones ffs. They release Silva we sign matic up for 3 more years. Liverpool have had to do a slower build which is more in line with what we have here. I’m liking the way Ole is shaping the squad even if it is taking a bit longer than fans would like. His man management is on point. How are we going to play amazing dominating football when a free transfer forward and a player who’s wanted to leave for the last 3 summers have been saving our bacon over the last few months. Pogba and Martial aren’t even Oles players but he’s stuck with them through some terrible form. He’s managed the Pogba situation perfectly and kept us on track. We are just about getting it over the line and that’s what it’s going to continue to be like until we sign key players in key positions. If ole was given his targets we’d be in a better place than we are now and we are already doing alright. I think patience is key here. I’m hoping Ole will be a good stabilising manager for the long term. Other managers are just going to come in here and fall out with the glazers and ed when the progress isn’t fast enough and I don’t see that happening with Ole
Feels to me like the club will continue to keep faith with him until he has the CB, CDM, RW & ST that this team still badly needs in order to at least compete with the scousers & City over the next couple of seasons. Unfortunately with COVID I get the impression that this is now going to take longer than we all hoped and know full well that come the summer Ole will be fobbed off by the board unless we can make some money from player sales.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I mean, I'm not sure how much better I could get that point across than by literally saying MAJORITY in the sentence :houllier: :lol: but it's a minor quibble.

Yes, of course, and I'm sure behind the scenes that is exactly what's happening, but on the pitch it's down to the players. We're creating enough big chances for them, even when you compare our numbers with the rest of the league, so there really isn't any excuse IMO. Unless you think that if we created 5 more big chances to top that table, that we'd suddenly see Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Cavani remember how to do their jobs?
No of course I don't just mean create more. It comes down to percentages doesn't it.

But man management is important in these scenarios. Working with players to get them out of a slump. And to that point, we have no idea what is happening behind the scenes.

Ali Dia

Feels to me like the club will continue to keep faith with him until he has the CB, CDM, RW & ST that this team still badly needs in order to at least compete with the scousers & City over the next couple of seasons. Unfortunately with COVID I get the impression that this is now going to take longer than we all hoped and know full well that come the summer Ole will be fobbed off by the board unless we can make some money from player sales.
I think you and I were saying the same thing all summer. This squad was one of the most expensive in the league but was regularly finishing out of the CL spots. Ole comes in and it should be a blank slate. It was obvious that just because we were spending a lot of money it didn’t mean we weren’t wasting it. Oles trimming the fat and looking at a far more suitable profile of player to take us forward. I just wish we’d been able to add one or 2 starters last summer because the league is there for the taking!

It’s very hard to criticise the manager when he had us top or even second. But it’s interesting that even Gary Neville was saying that United don’t play like a team, it’s just a bunch of very good individuals. Naturally when you have very good players in a team you will get moments of beautiful combinations, sometimes it will lead to beautiful intricate goals. But more often than not what you rely on is individual goals.

He’ll I’m not complaining, we can win the league by winning each match one nil through a Bruno penalty or through a Bruno/ Pogba wonder strike it don’t matter to me. But realistically we do need a more coherent system.

Ole had done great in terms of win, lose, or draw I actually enjoy watching United play again. I hope he can develop the last part to make things sustainable because he has one of the best midfields in world football, he has some of the best young attackers in the premier league, our defence and GK is top notch.

Those waiting for the perfect moment to achieve anything will be waiting forever, so yea we might say CDM is a bit weak. But then. Liverpool didn’t have the greatest midfield on paper and they won the CL followed by the league. If they didn’t win those things Liverpool fans could have easily said well we got Milner, Henderson, in CM and also need a proper partner for Virgil at CB.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Currently ole is the one not meeting standards. All we get are excuses or some ridiculous comments he’s brought the club together etc.. you can’t have the away record we have and then continuously struggle against bottom/mid table clubs at home. Makes no sense and it all falls on the manager as it should do.
If this is genuinely how you feel then might benefit from reviewing your expectations. We've had a bad week. That's it. Still second in the league.

croadyman

I think you and I were saying the same thing all summer. This squad was one of the most expensive in the league but was regularly finishing out of the CL spots. Ole comes in and it should be a blank slate. It was obvious that just because we were spending a lot of money it didn’t mean we weren’t wasting it. Oles trimming the fat and looking at a far more suitable profile of player to take us forward. I just wish we’d been able to add one or 2 starters last summer because the league is there for the taking!
Yeah feels like lack of ambition last summer is going to end up costing us a proper shot at the title which I think we are going to look back on in years to come with a real sense of regret

BR7

If this is genuinely how you feel then might benefit from reviewing your expectations. We've had a bad week. That's it. Still second in the league.
I’ve been a Utd fan since 1983. How long have you supported us? I can’t go through those days again and with ole we won’t ever be a dominant force. If your expectations are that with the team he has we lose to palace and Sheff Utd, maybe you should raise your standards and demand his head too.

Giggsy13

If this month becomes a tailspin down the table then Ole will have to shoulder the blame. His handling of our forwards has been poor, which was pointed to as a strength when he first got the job. Martial was clearly out of form yet was continually pushed to the left forcing Rashford to play out of position. I would argue this decision has had the domino effect of contributing to Rashford’s poor form and further preventing Greenwood from getting a consistent run of games.

I am not a staunch Ole out supporter but these latest trends with our forwards and the fact their collective form has fallen off a cliff was preventable, if Ole kept Martial out of the starting 11 and kept Rashford and Greenwood playing consistently in their strongest positions.

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Yeah feels like lack of ambition last summer is going to end up costing us a proper shot at the title which I think we are going to look back on in years to come with a real sense of regret
If we have another summer of spending on squad players and youth would you be happy? I think I would be if we are shopping for Diallo level talents as long as the mentality is right and they offer something different to what we already have. That was my one major criticism of the club post Fergie that it was pretty clear there was no real plan. Buying big for the future is exactly what I wanted really. I also understand the need to bring in more leadership to the squad too so I hope we have an aggressive DM in mind that can come straight in and help us control games better.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I’ve been a Utd fan since 1983. How long have you supported us? I can’t go through those days again and with ole we won’t ever be a dominant force. If your expectations are that with the team he has we lose to palace and Sheff Utd, maybe you should raise your standards and demand his head too.
I'm 43 so roughly the same as you. If you've followed us since 83 then you've seen as many bad games, bad weeks & bad spells of form as I have, and I've seen a lot - even under the great man.

It doesn't mean that we are not progressing, and it doesn't mean that being second at this point of this season is not a noteworthy achievement. We all want another title, and this is the closest we've been in years. Demanding the managers head because we've had one of those bad weeks seems a bit excessive, no?

romufc

I have never understood this narrative. I have been a fan longer so my opinion means more?

Ole has not met standards of what? the ones who have supported the longest? What standards?

If you keep living in the past, other teams will go past us. It is obvious football is not like it was years back where there is 2/3 teams dominating.

Clubs now have alot of money to spend, Chelsea, City and the like have shown what can happen if billions of pounds is invested.

Being a supporter for longer don't mean the club is entitled to titles?

croadyman

If we have another summer of spending on squad players and youth would you be happy? I think I would be if we are shopping for Diallo level talents as long as the mentality is right and they offer something different to what we already have. That was my one major criticism of the club post Fergie that it was pretty clear there was no real plan. Buying big for the future is exactly what I wanted really. I also understand the need to bring in more leadership to the squad too so I hope we have an aggressive DM in mind that can come straight in and help us control games better.
We also badly need some leadership at CB as well and look I am not averse to buying some Amad level talents but there has to be a blend of experience in there too to balance things out. I cannot really see how we will make a marquee signing this summer unless we sell at least one of Pogba/Martial to raise some funds.

Ali Dia

We also badly need some leadership at CB as well and look I am not averse to buying some Amad level talents but there has to be a blend of experience in there too to balance things out. I cannot really see how we will make a marquee signing this summer unless we sell at least one of Pogba/Martial to raise some funds.
If Cavani, Bruno, Maguire can come in and make their teammates look pretty average then we probably won’t have much problems upgrading. if the glazers stop meddling and actually allow Pogba and martial to leave and reinvest the cash then we should be fine. I’ve much more faith that we are spotting the right players again these days. The mentality is on point. We’ve stopped signing big time Charlie’s at least!

Infra-red

Yes I agree - this season will be looked back on as a missed opportunity in the years to come. Liverpool and City won't remain this poor forever - even if they only get halfway back to their 2017-2020 levels next season, they will leave us in the dust. It's a shame - we may not get this chance again for quite a while.

croadyman

Yes I agree - this season will be looked back on as a missed opportunity in the years to come. Liverpool and City won't remain this poor forever - even if they only get halfway back to their 2017-2020 levels next season, they will leave us in the dust. It's a shame - we may not get this chance again for quite a while.
Yeah you are absolutely spot on and as good as Pogba's been in the last month, had this pandemic not happened then we would have sold him last summer and bought both a top CB plus either Grealish/Sancho who can actually create something from a wide area which we really lack.

Foxbatt

I think Scholes is right. We do not seem to be putting in that extra effort to win games. That must come from the manager.

Giggsy13

I think Scholes is right. We do not seem to be putting in that extra effort to win games. That must come from the manager.
We’re playing scared and nothing epitomized that better than the extra touches Rashford took in the box when he had a clear cut chance against Arsenal. It was fecking comical. Ole should just show his old footage at Molde when he told his players to just “fecking shoot!”

SirScholes

We can apply that logic in reverse as well. Bruno scored an amazing goal against Liverpool. Pogba similarly scored several worldies in the past few weeks. These moments were purely individual efforts which we cannot put on Ole. Truth is in the middle. We don't create enough chances and need our forwards to take few chances we get which is not possible for even someone as good as Cavani. That is the problem, we have improved from last year in that respect and with more signings will improve further. Can we take the final step up though?
We are level with city for goals scored, it’s not scoring it’s the constantly conceding stupid goals.
Again individual errors, we always go a goal down which lets teams park the bus

Infra-red

We are level with city for goals scored, it’s not scoring it’s the constantly conceding stupid goals.
Again individual errors, we always go a goal down which lets teams park the bus
We're definitely bad defensively - only 8 teams in the whole league have conceded more than us.

That being said, Bruno aside, we're pretty much devoid of any creativity in the side, so once that bus gets parked, it's unlikely we're going to score. Problems at both ends.

Last edited:

BR7

I have never understood this narrative. I have been a fan longer so my opinion means more?

Ole has not met standards of what? the ones who have supported the longest? What standards?

If you keep living in the past, other teams will go past us. It is obvious football is not like it was years back where there is 2/3 teams dominating.

Clubs now have alot of money to spend, Chelsea, City and the like have shown what can happen if billions of pounds is invested.

Being a supporter for longer don't mean the club is entitled to titles?
A) that’s probably because you’ve had it thrown at you in the past when you do not show the older u fans respect and try and hijack a fact with glorified nonsense.
I'm 43 so roughly the same as you. If you've followed us since 83 then you've seen as many bad games, bad weeks & bad spells of form as I have, and I've seen a lot - even under the great man.

It doesn't mean that we are not progressing, and it doesn't mean that being second at this point of this season is not a noteworthy achievement. We all want another title, and this is the closest we've been in years. Demanding the managers head because we've had one of those bad weeks seems a bit excessive, no?
bro, I feel you’re pain. Thems was dark days but at least we weren’t supporting in the 70s that would have been tough.

I can’t imagine ole and SAF ever being comparable. If ole was the man I’d say so without hesitation but he really isn’t and won’t be.

ive been an outter for a while but just don’t believe in bashing him every day. Ole has had a much better hand dealt to him than SAF did at Utd when he first joined

for a start, ole doesn’t have to have spies and drive around town to Catch the boys getting wrecked in the pubs and clubs (mainly in paddy crerands pub) he had to kill that culture which took him a good ten years when he blasted sharpe and Giggs and had to bail a young Keano out of police cells (Eric, well that was just a french thing as Patrice appears to have copied him in Marseille)

Ole needs to go somewhere and ply his trade in a couple of lesser clubs and earn the right to be Manchester United manager. SAF wins ECWC with Aberdeen beating RM in the final. Ole errr well errr he’s improved us, can’t you see, err stats err it’s Maguire poor ole has been given a shit squad he hadn’t been supported in the transfer market he hadn’t been given a fair chance he must be given the right to sign expensive players for each position .... and Dan James ...as the squad is so poor, when do we finally just say, Ole we love you but you’re a ordinary manager at best.

If SAF has this squad to start with rather than the pitch at OT, the drinking culture the poor dieting etc... he would have done a hell of a lot better than this so no ole isn’t the man and he will never, ever be comparable to SAF.

THIS CLUB WAS BUILT BY MEN WHO LIVED IN THE DARK AGES ole, THE SHOUTERS AND THE TEA CHUCKERS

can’t imagine those boys jogging back in defence if SAF and SMB were standing on those touch lines (or sitting lazily back in a seat)

MRROM:
It’s a simple case of I’ve watched football religiously for almost 40 years of my life. I think I know a bit more than somebody who say has been an avid football fan for 20 years.

your post also makes it seem you have had this thrown at you before. Must be a reason for it.

mate if I’ve been doing a job for 40 years, likely I’m going to know more than someone whose been doing it for 20 years.
Any way young man respect your elders

Fluctuation0161

BR7

Crashoutcassius

Here come the loonies after a bad week.... Where have you been all these months ?

Embarrassing stuff in redcafe

Foxbatt

We’re playing scared and nothing epitomized that better than the extra touches Rashford took in the box when he had a clear cut chance against Arsenal. It was fecking comical. Ole should just show his old footage at Molde when he told his players to just “fecking shoot!”
I can't see Ole asking players to take extra touches. It was not his style when he played for sure. My problem is that publicly he tries to show he is happy. He does not have to throw individual players under the bus but he should make it publicly known that he is not happy with the performances of certain players. Players like Martial and Rashford are not trying enough. I know Rashford did against Liverpool but apart from that nothing. Martial has been dire for a long time.

I watched the Leeds game against Leicester and really wonder what our strikers would have done with their 3rd goal? Would any of our players especially Rashford square it to any of his team mates? We only pass when we have no options mostly. We do not move the ball quick enough. I am sure that if Ole was raving and ranting on the touch line players would give that extra bit. Who can forget SAF effing and waving his arms and pointing at Evans? It does gets players to put in that extra effort. I wish he would get someone like Keane as his assistant. Then he does not need to get off his backside as he can let Keane do all that. He is not a bad assistant.

stw2022

Is anyone taking bets on what point in the session it’ll be argued that things aren’t as bad as they look because of our position in the fair play table and the number of off-target shots we’ve had?

“We might have slipped to 5th but were behind only the league leaders in the number of offensive headers won in the opposition area, plus we’ve had more touches than any other team in the opposition box”

The extent people go to find mitigation for impotent, tactically clueless performances.

USREDEVIL

Here's my take on Ole. I been on a rollercoaster with him as most have been. The initial high, the following low, the despondency and then the one-step forward one-step back. Meanwhile we've gotten rid of a lot of deadwood and are looking to rid ourselves of more. We've been pretty good recently, but a bit lucky. In the end, looking at the big picture, I think he's done a good job in general. Ridding ourselves of players, getting in some good players in Bruno and VDB, making progress in the League (albeit with some help from the other top 4 teams being crap) and generally playing more United like than the recent managers. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that the 5-3-2 formations were due to not having a reliable CB partnership. His subs are not the most compelling but otherwise he's put out sides good enough to beat the opposition for the most part so i have to aim my disappointment more with the players. The board has done him almost 0 favors though. Bruno aside, they have not really done enough to take us to the next level. Looking around at the potential options I'd rather stick with Ole for another year or 2. Get in a great CB and RW and give him another year.

romufc

mate if I’ve been doing a job for 40 years, likely I’m going to know more than someone whose been doing it for 20 years.
Any way young man respect your elders
That's why football needs younger managers? bring in fresh ideas and input?

SirScholes

City are playing without their key goalscorers
So? They are still amazing at creating chances?

I’ll write it another way, we are joint 2nd in the league in goals for.
If our defence stops making stupid mistakes we don’t go a goal behind and don’t have to deal with 11 behind the ball

GoldTrafford99

If you've been a United fan since 1983, then you will know that Sir Alex was beaten four times by teams at the bottom of the Premier League and was embarrassed by relegation-threatened teams on at least a dozen occasions.

When Southampton beat United 6-2 for example in 1997, they were 19th in the league and we were second.

Also, Ole is waaaay ahead of where Sir Alex was in 1988, two years into his regime.

Maybe we shudda demanded Sir Alex's head in and around 1988/1989....

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
If you've been a United fan since 1983, then you will know that Sir Alex was beaten four times by teams at the bottom of the Premier League and was embarrassed by relegation-threatened teams on at least a dozen occasions.

When Southampton beat United 6-2 for example in 1997, they were 19th in the league and we were second.

Also, Ole is waaaay ahead of where Sir Alex was in 1988, two years into his regime.

Maybe we shudda demanded Sir Alex's head in and around 1988/1989....
When Southampton beat us Fergie had won how many leagues and fa cups? He had done what at Aberdeen? Stop these stupid comparisons. Ole will never be on fergies level as a manager not even in his dreams.