I apologise Ole!

romufc

It all seems contingent on our placing rather than other things, because squad management hasnt changed much and has been similar to last season, no?
How so?

Shaw and Telles get rotated
Fred / McTominay get rotated
Greenwood / Martial get rotated

How is it the same as last season?

GimmeThatBall_M8_NL

Lets all stand behind Ole and the squad! Mistakes are always being made but he and the players will learn from it. There is a serious serious chance we can get the title this season. All Back United

Ace of Spades

The problem was never the criticism, but the ridiculous hyperbole used to criticize Ole, added to the moronic micro-analysis of the team by the clueless experts on here. Calling him a P.E. teacher and being clueless, even though he has a fair bit of experience in management, and clearly there was a plan and things that we worked on in training.

Even worse than that, those who were supporting him and were at least not calling for his head were also being insulted for having the temerity to support their own manager and not being as miserable as them for constantly wallowing in negativity like them, and being angry because they did not get their hipster choice of manager appointed.

Chief123

Without doubt Ole still has a lot to learn like any manager, but he’s done a great job in bringing the team to where it is from the point we were at when he joined.

This is the lineup we had the game before Ole joined:

De Gea

Dalot Darmian Lindelof Bailly Young

Lingard Herrera Matic Rashford

Lukaku

Yes, it was the shut up shop and park the bus, plane and train at Anfield. I had the misfortune of witnessing this shite live in the away end. Jose’s last game and good riddance.

Pogba and Martial were on the bench no doubt looking for a way out of the club. The first team players were as low as you can be morale wise.

Looking at where we are now, a hell of a lot of credit goes to Ole.

I still find it baffling that some supporters still believe he has no tactics and is just winging it for the last 2 years. If that’s the case, he has to be the greatest magician ever. For those who argue he just parks the bus and tries to counter attack....well Jose was the master at that and failed miserably.

bondsname

No way, you're not allowed an easy out like this.

People who have formed their own opinions and not listened to rival fans/pundits/noise on Twitter who know feck all have every right to give you a hard time for however long we feel like it.

The signs have been there for well over a year, you can't join the party now.
I hope this is sarcasm

BestRed

Without doubt Ole still has a lot to learn like any manager, but he’s done a great job in bringing the team to where it is from the point we were at when he joined.

This is the lineup we had the game before Ole joined:

De Gea

Dalot Darmian Lindelof Bailly Young

Lingard Herrera Matic Rashford

Lukaku

Yes, it was the shut up shop and park the bus, plane and train at Anfield. I had the misfortune of witnessing this shite live in the away end. Jose’s last game and good riddance.

Pogba and Martial were on the bench no doubt looking for a way out of the club. The first team players were as low as you can be morale wise.

Looking at where we are now, a hell of a lot of credit goes to Ole.

I still find it baffling that some supporters still believe he has no tactics and is just winging it for the last 2 years. If that’s the case, he has to be the greatest magician ever. For those who argue he just parks the bus and tries to counter attack....well Jose was the master at that and failed miserably.
Said it before, but we're night & day from where we were under Mourinho or the other two before him. Apart from the excellent current position in the table, the whole feeling around the club has changed under Ole. The fitness, resiliency, leadership, spirit & feelgood factor of the squad has improved massively. Theres no in-house fighting or ego bullshit with Ole either, its all just focused on getting the club back where it belongs.

romufc

I find it really weird how these fans say he has no tactics and its vibes only. It is clear they do not understand football. Teams don't do well by having vibes, you need tactics, coaching.

For others who say he has no style of play, really do not watch our games. We have scored goals that are very similar on numerous occasions.

Also, I prefer this set up where you do not have just one style of play, having the ability to adapt to different formations is a positive. The opponents have no idea which way we will set up. The aim of the game is to negate the opponents threats and use yours.

Ours is pace, we use that in all of our different styles of play.

Tiber

Many of these recent Ole converts will be back in the Ole Out thread first time we go a goal down.

lysglimt

Scout
Fans are too quick to criticize and too quick to apologize.
Oh on this site - there will be quite a few refusing to accept that they were wrong about OGS even if he won the league and C.L in the same season.

lysglimt

Scout
The problem was never the criticism, but the ridiculous hyperbole used to criticize Ole, added to the moronic micro-analysis of the team by the clueless experts on here. Calling him a P.E. teacher and being clueless, even though he has a fair bit of experience in management, and clearly there was a plan and things that we worked on in training.

Even worse than that, those who were supporting him and were at least not calling for his head were also being insulted for having the temerity to support their own manager and not being as miserable as them for constantly wallowing in negativity like them, and being angry because they did not get their hipster choice of manager appointed.
Yes - one of the still active posters here frequently referred to him as incompetent. Despite the fact that time and time again he beat some of the best coaches in the world.

LARulz

But premature. Let's wait till the end of the season.

This season has already proven how things change after just 2 bad results. Chelsea were looking good and are now looking over at Arsenal who have put a couple wins together. Liverpool looked like they had it sewn up but now not looking as easy. City are one result away from taking the lead.

We will have another bad run, that's not me being negative, that's just based on history. Let's wait before we start saying how great Ole is and the squad is

Chief123

This season has already proven how things change after just 2 bad results. Chelsea were looking good and are now looking over at Arsenal who have put a couple wins together. Liverpool looked like they had it sewn up but now not looking as easy. City are one result away from taking the lead.

We will have another bad run, that's not me being negative, that's just based on history. Let's wait before we start saying how great Ole is and the squad is
I agree that a proper review should be done at the end of the season, but the fact that Ole has us as the best performing team in the league for the last 12 months deserves credit in itself. After the amount of crap he’s taken from people on the outside, clueless pundits and even our fans, he deserves a hell of a lot of credit.

Oldyella

I agree that a proper review should be done at the end of the season, but the fact that Ole has us as the best performing team in the league for the last 12 months deserves credit in itself. After the amount of crap he’s taken from people on the outside, clueless pundits and even our fans, he deserves a hell of a lot of credit.
It's a shame about lockdown. The way the team is performing atm, matches would be buzzing.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I'm surprised there are not more apologies. I guess it's tough to admit you were wrong.

Inter Yer Nan

I think many fans expect managers to be miracle workers and be overnight successes. I am guilty of that and felt that we regressed under Ole. I still need time to be convinced he is the right man but he's learning on the job and one thing is, he's given the players belief and the atmosphere appears great in the squad.

Dear ole
I really hope you got 7even letter. He apologised and you ain’t even bothered to write back to say he’s forgiven.

I really think it sucks that he’d apologise and you’d just leave him hanging with no reply.

I know you probably hear this everyday, but he’s gone from an Ole outter to your biggest fan... please don’t let his tea get cold as he wait your reply

TrustInOle

What's exciting is, whether you think this is bad or not for a club like United, he is still learning and will only get better, along with the squad he is building.

SAFMUTD

This kind of threads are why us fans are called reactionary, the same that are right now asking for apologies will be asking for Ole to get sacked if we enter a bad run.

I don't think Ole is good enough for the job but at this moment it would be pretty stupid to sack him, hope Im proved wrong and we win a major title. Its hard not to be excited, covid and Bruno have give us a very good chance.

Last edited:

RedDevilzFox

What's exciting is, whether you think this is bad or not for a club like United, he is still learning and will only get better, along with the squad he is building.
Not sure what algorithm did you use to conclude "he will only get better". History is littered with managers that had a promising start only to get fired shortly thereafter.

Sylar

How so?

Shaw and Telles get rotated
Fred / McTominay get rotated
Greenwood / Martial get rotated

How is it the same as last season?
Well the philosophy is the same, except we had inferior players before. And he wasnt throwing them under the bus.
Within the space of the year, weve added Bruno, Telles, Cavani, VDB. We also have had Pogba back from injury since post lockdown1.

That has allowed us to rotate and not look inferior with changes.
Whereas when he was doing it before, he was using Lingard, Pereira, James to rotate.

Also in terms of squad management, hes kept people who want to be here and want to fight to be here.
Hes phasing out the ones who arent good enough or would cause a stink / not try / whatever you want.

His squad management hasnt suddenly changed within a year except the personnel available to him to choose from.

Devil81

I've been guilty of suggesting he needs shifting from the seat.

But I'm happy with things currently and I always look back to the days when Sir Alex wasnt out by large sections of the Old Trafford faithful.

Look how that turned out.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Many of these recent Ole converts will be back in the Ole Out thread first time we go a goal down.
It’s tempting to go back to my old habits but like I say earlier in this thread, we’re heading in the right direction and a supertanker needs time to totally rotate around so I have time on my side.

The key word is stability and moving this supertanker forward. It’s a bonus being level with Liverpool after almost half of the season and it should not been ignored but there are many more positive things going on.

Dear ole
I really hope you got 7even letter. He apologised and you ain’t even bothered to write back to say he’s forgiven.

I really think it sucks that he’d apologise and you’d just leave him hanging with no reply.

I know you probably hear this everyday, but he’s gone from an Ole outter to your biggest fan... please don’t let his tea get cold as he wait your reply
Most of you younger supporters like irony and sarcasm but I’m almost 60 years old and have nothing to prove any longer. Especially not on internet. In this late part of my life everything is about enjoy and being as carefree as possible. That include being honest to myself and my surroundings.

I apologies because it’s the right thing to do. Nothing else.

This kind of threads are why us fans are called reactionary, the same that are right now asking for apologies will be asking for Ole to get sacked if we enter a bad run.

I don't think Ole is good enough for the job but at this moment it would be pretty stupid to sack him, hope Im proved wrong and we win a major title. Its hard not to be excited, covid and Bruno have give us a very good chance.
I believe in putting things into context. If we’re losing ten games in a row then I’m want him to get sacked, but if we’re finishing top four or better he deserves a new contract and trust from all of us. Judging by the results from this season the club is moving forward and in the right direction so I’m calm about our future with Ole at the wheel.

dal

Sorry now but let’s see once he loses two on the trot...

MrBest

He has done well so far in the league, but it is only 16 games. Strange season, let's not blow our trumpets now, take it game by game. People get too carried away!

Chairman Steve

The results after Leipzig have been very good and 2nd in the league with the opportunity to go top with just a draw is a nice feeling.

However I also look at the points totals and see a good few teams just over our shoulder just behind us, and there’s no notable points chasm between the teams until the bottom 4 or so.

If we were 2nd with at least a 6 point gap over the trailing pack, I’d feel more comfortable. Weve just got to try and keep winning and hope some of those teams battling it out fade away, and make sure were not the ones who fade away.

Intheflatfield

Supports
The mighty Red Devils
No way, you're not allowed an easy out like this.

People who have formed their own opinions and not listened to rival fans/pundits/noise on Twitter who know feck all have every right to give you a hard time for however long we feel like it.

The signs have been there for well over a year, you can't join the party now.
Wow, how sanctimonious. Hate this type of crap. Obviously having 14k+ messages makes you know it all.
I personally don't see a need to apologise. We all have opinions on how Ole is progressing. It's going well at the moment. Let's keep it going.

Revan

Assumptionman
I admit that I might have been wrong. Wanted him out again, and thought that it was pointless to continue with him, but since our defeat at Leipzig, we have been excellent. I think that the last month has been quite enjoyable and I have been going into games with the belief that we are going to win.

At this stage, I think that he has earned the full season, no questions asked. I also think that he should be judged on the overall results of the season, and he should not survive for doing the bare minimum (UCL). If we don't challenge for the title and/or we don't win a trophy, I think that the best thing for everyone would be to admit that he has carried us as much as he can.

Until then, Ole at the wheel, and let's all hope that finally, this is not 'yet another false dawn'.

lysglimt

Scout

Really stupid to sack him when we are 2nd on the table with a game in hand ? If you look up the word "understatement" in the dictionary - that is probably the explanation for the word :)

Green_Red

Jesus christ! All this thread needs is a fecking dipper style sonnet penned for Ole. Catch a grip of yourself!

shaky

Covid and Bruno's at the wheel. Not quite as catchy really. Try giving Ole some of the credit instead.

lRed

It's nice to read that kind of post but I know that it's going to happen again (people crying Ole out) anytime soon we don't win 2-3 games in a row.
We are in a good form and the vibe is good, but please be consistent. I repeat he is the right guy since day one, never doubted so please be nice, be patient, in France we have a sentence which says : Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre.

SAFMUTD

Covid and Bruno's at the wheel. Not quite as catchy really. Try giving Ole some of the credit instead.
Well to be fair Ole has us on a really good run, but even with that run if we were challenging against 2019/2020 Liverpool or in the 2018/2019 we wouldnt be close to challenge, covid has have a great impact on teams and that seem to have benefited us.

Regarding Bruno Im not even going to discuss it, he's our key man. Probably the most influyental player for any top team at the moment.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Well to be fair Ole has us on a really good run, but even with that run if we were challenging against 2019/2020 Liverpool or in the 2018/2019 we wouldnt be close to challenge, covid has have a great impact on teams and that seem to have benefited us.

Regarding Bruno Im not even going to discuss it, he's our key man. Probably the most influyental player for any top team at the moment.
So it hasn’t impacted us also? We’ve just carried on as normal but luckily everyone else has been affected by COVID.

I love all this luck Ole has brought us, long may it continue

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55

I don't get it. Liverpool or City or any other team wouldn't be challenging either. All teams, ourselves included have been affected by the pandemic, and Bruno is a good player we signed, like Liverpool signed Salah, Mane and VVD, or city signed De Bruyne. It's not cheating to have an influential player.