I apologise Ole!

pav1790

There once was a greedy banker
Built along the lines of a tanker
Did not rate Ole
Later saw his folly
But he still was a massive .......

meamth

The difference between being foolish or being a survivor is the ability to know when you’re wrong”

The results doesn’t lie, not after two years.

I don’t apologize specific to the Redcafe, I just simply admitted that I was wrong about my assessment about Ole’s contribution to our results. Whatever he’s doing it’s works. We don’t have to micro analyze every little setback, this giant ship is steady moving forward and that’s what matters.

Players seems to be happy, even Pogba is contributing (on his way out) and smiling. We turn losses in to wins. The club looks stable and after seven years the storm seems to be over.
Surprised it took you so long to see this.

Jericho

Way too soon for this. You'd think we'd won the league. I've lost count of the number of times we started to think we turned a corner only to revert back very quickly. Maybe we have but it's too early to tell.

Winrar

Regardless of its likelihood, what would be the consensus if we go winless for the rest of the month? Lampard looked like doing well until last month and Arsenal & Arteta were being laughed at until they started winning the last few games again.

Not trying to take any credit away from Ole because we've done pretty well so far this season despite few setbacks, but this season's too unpredictable to make conclusive observations right now. I would say we made notable progress if we can maintain this through 2/3rds of the season at least; title would be a bonus.

Icemav

Way too soon for this. You'd think we'd won the league. I've lost count of the number of times we started to think we turned a corner only to revert back very quickly. Maybe we have but it's too early to tell.
A win at the weekend and we are top though our positioning and form over the next 7 matches is what will determine whether we can say concretely what our expectations can be regarding the title. As you say the wheels can come off easily as shown by other teams this season.

SAFMUTD

I don't get it. Liverpool or City or any other team wouldn't be challenging either. All teams, ourselves included have been affected by the pandemic, and Bruno is a good player we signed, like Liverpool signed Salah, Mane and VVD, or city signed De Bruyne. It's not cheating to have an influential player.
So it hasn’t impacted us also? We’ve just carried on as normal but luckily everyone else has been affected by COVID.

I love all this luck Ole has brought us, long may it continue
Im not saying its cheating, all Im saying is we hit gold with Bruno, that doesnt happen often. Its hard to remember players that had such a huge instant impact like Bruno has with us.

The pandemic has make this league a 80-85 point league, in the past 3 years that wouldnt be enough to be champions, again Im not saying its anybodys fault or cheat all Im saying is that particular situation seems to have helped us.

Icemav

Im not saying its cheating, all Im saying is we hit gold with Bruno, that doesnt happen often. Its hard to remember players that had such a huge instant impact like Bruno has with us.

The pandemic has make this league a 80-85 point league, in the past 3 years that wouldnt be enough to be champions, again Im not saying its anybodys fault or cheat all Im saying is that particular situation seems to have helped us.
Your logic doesn't hold as it assumes the we are the only team not adversely affected. I just think that Pool are tapering off after 2 years of unbelievable consistency. City showing strange form again but now starting to surge. Lots of midtable teams looking very strong this year. And United after a very poor start are playing brutally effective football.... it many ways the end of last season and the pandemic may have affected us more than other teams. However what is clear is that for the last 1.5 months we have been playing better in the league than almost all our rivals.

Its a level playing field.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Way to soon for what? For apologising for being wrong about Ole and realising that the constant micro-analysing, moaning and waiting for another setback isn't necessarily productive? Just because we've been accustomed to it and then fired managers for different reasons post SAF doesn't mean that every setback that happens is forever until a manager goes. It's clear to see the ship has been steadied and we've developing continuously since he arrived. We don't need to look back when we've won the league, we need to look forward to when we do, instead of obsessing about manager sack game speculations game to game. I find it boring, and if anything thats what the post means to me. He is apologising for being boring, and now he is not.

The situation has helped everyone else as well. It's never been easier for a team to win the league twice in a row, Liverpool won with a lot of points last season because the league was very weak and it was easy, yet they only need 80 points and they might not do it :lol: That is because the league is stronger and Liverpool isn't. If anything, the pandemic has helped Liverpool to get cheap excuses in if they manage bottle it.

RedTiger

Half mast
The problem was never the criticism, but the ridiculous hyperbole used to criticize Ole, added to the moronic micro-analysis of the team by the clueless experts on here. Calling him a P.E. teacher and being clueless, even though he has a fair bit of experience in management, and clearly there was a plan and things that we worked on in training.

Even worse than that, those who were supporting him and were at least not calling for his head were also being insulted for having the temerity to support their own manager and not being as miserable as them for constantly wallowing in negativity like them, and being angry because they did not get their hipster choice of manager appointed.
100%

city-puma

It's nice to read that kind of post but I know that it's going to happen again (people crying Ole out) anytime soon we don't win 2-3 games in a row.
We are in a good form and the vibe is good, but please be consistent. I repeat he is the right guy since day one, never doubted so please be nice, be patient, in France we have a sentence which says : Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre.
Some of us are too surprised and even shocked to accept the reality and have no logic to reason what’s going on.

But, it really isn’t their fault. They are completely innocent because of the multi-year torture post-SAF era by Moyes, LVG, and JM. This is the real-world case of PTSD. Now, it’s time to get us cured...

Jericho

Way to soon for what? For apologising for being wrong about Ole and realising that the constant micro-analysing, moaning and waiting for another setback isn't necessarily productive? Just because we've been accustomed to it and then fired managers for different reasons post SAF doesn't mean that every setback that happens is forever until a manager goes. It's clear to see the ship has been steadied and we've developing continuously since he arrived. We don't need to look back when we've won the league, we need to look forward to when we do, instead of obsessing about manager sack game speculations game to game. I find it boring, and if anything thats what the post means to me. He is apologising for being boring, and now he is not.

The situation has helped everyone else as well. It's never been easier for a team to win the league twice in a row, Liverpool won with a lot of points last season because the league was very weak and it was easy, yet they only need 80 points and they might not do it :lol: That is because the league is stronger and Liverpool isn't. If anything, the pandemic has helped Liverpool to get cheap excuses in if they manage bottle it.
Yeah it's too soon for pretty much all of that. I hope the ship is steadied and maybe it has. But we've been here before. Many times. So lets see what happens.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
But premature. Let's wait till the end of the season.

This season has already proven how things change after just 2 bad results. Chelsea were looking good and are now looking over at Arsenal who have put a couple wins together. Liverpool looked like they had it sewn up but now not looking as easy. City are one result away from taking the lead.

We will have another bad run, that's not me being negative, that's just based on history. Let's wait before we start saying how great Ole is and the squad is
He has done well so far in the league, but it is only 16 games. Strange season, let's not blow our trumpets now, take it game by game. People get too carried away!
Too early

I hear you all but my counter question is when is the right time to put faith in a relationship and make it long term?

In the beginning Ole wasn’t our dream partner, far from it. He was forced upon us. His CV were questionable and there where many United supporters who had question marks around his appointment.

Ole the player is one thing but as a elite club manager he was in reality a nobody.

He knew the club. He smiled. There was a feel good factor around him. He was one of Sir Alex apostles. At that time very few expected him to be the main architect in our re building project.

The main criticism against him has in general been correct.

It’s was fair to question his tactical knowledge. There have been times when he sounded like a corporate manager instead of a football genius. The way he handled the injury situation around Pogba, Rashford and lately Viggo.

In short he made a lot of rookie mistakes but the main point why I changed my stance is that he seems to had learned from his mistakes. He correct himself and he evolved. That’s a very good quality.

Anyway. I took a decision. I changed my stance because our long term strategy is right and we’re moving in the right direction.

crossy1686

career ending
Wow, how sanctimonious. Hate this type of crap. Obviously having 14k+ messages makes you know it all.
I personally don't see a need to apologise. We all have opinions on how Ole is progressing. It's going well at the moment. Let's keep it going.
It was a joke, wind your neck in. This is why no one likes your posts.

romufc

Well the philosophy is the same, except we had inferior players before. And he wasnt throwing them under the bus.
Within the space of the year, weve added Bruno, Telles, Cavani, VDB. We also have had Pogba back from injury since post lockdown1.

That has allowed us to rotate and not look inferior with changes.
Whereas when he was doing it before, he was using Lingard, Pereira, James to rotate.

Also in terms of squad management, hes kept people who want to be here and want to fight to be here.
Hes phasing out the ones who arent good enough or would cause a stink / not try / whatever you want.

His squad management hasnt suddenly changed within a year except the personnel available to him to choose from.

I apologise, I thought you were questioning his squad management.

In that case, I agree because last year we couldn't rotate certain players as we didn't have enough depth and quality.

Its quite funny how Arsenal and Chelsea get the benefit of doubt with their manager, last season Lampard with transfer ban and this season Arteta with "lack of quality".

Well, we played Perreira, Lingard in alot of our games last season. Dan James was first choice winger. Williams played LB quite a bit too. So there was no benefit of doubt there.

It is clear what he has done, last season he brought in youth, English talent which worked well and then during the season, he realised he hasn't got enough winners in the team.

This season, we brought in 3 signings, all with winning mentality. Cavani is a winner, used to winning, Telles the same, Donny the same.

We have seen that this season, we scored 3 winners in the 90th minute this season.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

but how? It’s hindered us also!

MrBest

I hear you all but my counter question is when is the right time to put faith in a relationship and make it long term?

In the beginning Ole wasn’t our dream partner, far from it. He was forced upon us. His CV were questionable and there where many United supporters who had question marks around his appointment.

Ole the player is one thing but as a elite club manager he was in reality a nobody.

He knew the club. He smiled. There was a feel good factor around him. He was one of Sir Alex apostles. At that time very few expected him to be the main architect in our re building project.

The main criticism against him has in general been correct.

It’s was fair to question his tactical knowledge. There have been times when he sounded like a corporate manager instead of a football genius. The way he handled the injury situation around Pogba, Rashford and lately Viggo.

In short he made a lot of rookie mistakes but the main point why I changed my stance is that he seems to had learned from his mistakes. He correct himself and he evolved. That’s a very good quality.

Anyway. I took a decision. I changed my stance because our long term strategy is right and we’re moving in the right direction.
I respect your change in decision, i like your optimistic nature too. I am a little more pessimistic with these things of late, i am still wearing the scars of Jose. My biggest problem with committing to the cause is not down to Ole, but down to the board mainly. Jose got 2nd a few years back, the board got excited and decided to not invest. I can see them screwing him over, just like they have with every manager. I really hope we can get a few players in this Jan to take us to the next level so we can maintain this progress. Tonight is huge, like Ole said, no excuses anymore. I have been a big Ole outter in the past, but if he were to prove me wrong and take us back to the top consistently, i would happily eat my words. For now, i am just sitting on the fence because there are still things Ole doea not hace control over. The best signing this summer would be a dof.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I respect your change in decision, i like your optimistic nature too. I am a little more pessimistic with these things of late, i am still wearing the scars of Jose. My biggest problem with committing to the cause is not down to Ole, but down to the board mainly. Jose got 2nd a few years back, the board got excited and decided to not invest. I can see them screwing him over, just like they have with every manager. I really hope we can get a few players in this Jan to take us to the next level so we can maintain this progress. Tonight is huge, like Ole said, no excuses anymore. I have been a big Ole outter in the past, but if he were to prove me wrong and take us back to the top consistently, i would happily eat my words. For now, i am just sitting on the fence because there are still things Ole doea not hace control over. The best signing this summer would be a dof.
We’re clearly on a different path to under Jose so I don’t think you can use that coming second and getting no transfer backing line

Smores

I find it weird when people decide they have to be one position or another with Ole, resolutely defending him or calling for his head.

All that matters is whether we currently look to be on course to make progress, that's the forever changing subjective take that is supposed to lead to discussion rather than forming in/out camps to win non-reedemable internet points.

As we look to challenge the assessment of Ole won't be if we can hit good form because that's expected it'll be can we avoid too many periods of bad form. I wouldn't be confident of that at all but I'm starting to believe we're no worse than our competition. It's on.

Falcow

You need to explain why it has helped us though?

I could argue that it has hindered us as we were not able to spend as much as we would have liked in the summer due to falling revenues.....the pandemic has had a bigger impact on our gate receipts as we have more match day revenue than the other clubs so that is one way it has not helped us.

Advertising revenue also down disproportionately for us.

Secondly our home form has nose dived possibly due to not having 75k fans to roars us on. Again this is to a larger extent (due to numbers) than any other club. Pool and other clubs have at least been allowed to have some fans this season whereas we haven't.

Thirdly we had no pre season compared to liverpool due to the pandemic. That absolutely hugely impacted us for the first 4 or 5 games.

So that's three way we have been adversly affected by the pandemic compared to other clubs.

Nikelesh Reddy

I always harboured doubts about his suitability for the job,but I never really wanted him to be sacked.I always felt that he should be given time until the end of this season,and I”m glad that things seem to be looking rosy right now.Obviously we have to be aware of the fact that things can go south very quickly in this league,but for the moment atleast we seem to be in a very good place.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Just to be serious for a moment, but I think there should maybe some kind of public award ceremony for the most steadfast and staunch Ole backers where their contributions to the cause - and indeed to humanity in general - can be rightfully lauded and appreciated.

The trophies presented could be gold likeness' of Ole's head, fashioned into the shape of a steering wheel, and bear the caption 'I was right!'. After presentation the 'Wheel Fans' could then be ceremoniously presented with a goblet filled with the tears of the most shameful Ole out-ers, which would be sipped in sombre silence as all acknowledge their status as beings of superior moral and intellectual worth. Their names could then be carved into a 50 foot stone monument as a testament to their honourable deeds that will stand for generations. I don't think it's over the top and could maybe be paid for with the Sancho money.

SAFMUTD

You need to explain why it has helped us though?

I could argue that it has hindered us as we were not able to spend as much as we would have liked in the summer due to falling revenues.....the pandemic has had a bigger impact on our gate receipts as we have more match day revenue than the other clubs so that is one way it has not helped us.

Advertising revenue also down disproportionately for us.

Secondly our home form has nose dived possibly due to not having 75k fans to roars us on. Again this is to a larger extent (due to numbers) than any other club. Pool and other clubs have at least been allowed to have some fans this season whereas we haven't.

Thirdly we had no pre season compared to liverpool due to the pandemic. That absolutely hugely impacted us for the first 4 or 5 games.

So that's three way we have been adversly affected by the pandemic compared to other clubs.
All I'm saying is that the leagues changed, none of the usual leaders are up top now or are leaders but with a slim advantage.

Bayern has just a 2 point advantage, PSG while close is 3rd, Juve is 5th, Barca is 5th, Madrid is 2nd with 2 points less and 2 extra games.

I'm not saying it didn't affected us, but I think this particular situation has shortened the distance between the top teams and the others. None of the super dominant teams have been able to sustain their lasts years form.

The same way we feel about challenging in the Premier can be said about Milan, Lille, Lyon, Leipzig, Atletico, etc all those teams had practically no chance last year but now just as us they do.

Hey it may as well be just coincidence but I think the pandemic has something to do with it.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
All I'm saying is that the leagues changed, none of the usual leaders are up top now or are leaders but with a slim advantage.

Bayern has just a 2 point advantage, PSG while close is 3rd, Juve is 5th, Barca is 5th, Madrid is 2nd with 2 points less and 2 extra games.

I'm not saying it didn't affected us, but I think this particular situation has shortened the distance between the top teams and the others. None of the super dominant teams have been able to sustain their lasts years form.

The same way we feel about challenging in the Premier can be said about Milan, Lille, Lyon, Leipzig, Atletico, etc all those teams had practically no chance last year but now just as us they do.

Hey it may as well be just coincidence but I think the pandemic has something to do with it.
Luckily out of all those teams you mention, it hasn’t affected United

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
it's a bit of a weird time to make a thread like this. We've already crashed out of the CL. What happens then if we don't win any other trophies this season? It's good to be in second place but we're only something like 4 points above 5th and this has been a weird season where league positions have shifted drastically for teams.

If Ole, by the end of the season, has done what I didn't think he was capable of and win a trophy or two and mount a serious title challenge, then yeah, he deserves an apology and a bum lick.

Let's be honest, if we get knocked out of the league cup tonight the same posters apologizing right now will probably lambast him again. Silliness.

Falcow

Fair enough, interesting and they are valid points i.e. all the usual one team leagues are different this year so it would suggest that the pandemic must indeed have something to do with it.

b82REZ

it's a bit of a weird time to make a thread like this. We've already crashed out of the CL. What happens then if we don't win any other trophies this season? It's good to be in second place but we're only something like 4 points above 5th and this has been a weird season where league positions have shifted drastically for teams.

If Ole, by the end of the season, has done what I didn't think he was capable of and win a trophy or two and mount a serious title challenge, then yeah, he deserves an apology and a bum lick.

Let's be honest, if we get knocked out of the league cup tonight the same posters apologizing right now will probably lambast him again. Silliness.
It's the nature of the football forum and the amount of one-upmanship that happens across all the threads.

You see it in this thread with loads of sanctimonious replies, yet, despite our current position, we have yet to win anything under this regime.

I've been vocally Ole Out in the past, but I'm loving our current form and performances and hope Solksjaer manages to make me eat humble pie by May. Unfortunately it appears people are becoming worried about being cancelled (for lack of a better phrase). It happened in the summer with posters genuinely lobbying for people that had voted sack to be banned.

As you said, the margins are so fine right now. For as likely we are to push Liverpool, we're almost just as likely to fall back into a fight for top 4.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
As sure as the sun coming up. Goes to show how fixed they are with their agenda/narrative. They are too dumb or blinded to see progression or an upward trajectory if it fell on their face.
Everyone stupidly attacks Ole when we lose and stupidly praises him when we win. The only common thread is stupidity.

Ole is neither the problem nor the solution. The way the club is run as a cash cow for the Glazer family is the problem.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55

No worries, I get what you're trying to say, and Bruno's impact has surpassed expectations. He's doing what everyone expected Pogba to do. He turned out to be the perfect fit in terms of skill and temperament. A bit lucky, but we were due a bit of luck after the damp squibs that we signed before.

shaky

After this many matchdays last season, long before Covid was an issue, Inter were leading the Italian League ahead of Juve. In Germany, Bayern were sitting in 5th, Leipzig were leading, and in Spain, Madrid/Barca only had 2 point leads ahead of the chasing pack. These situations are far from unusual at this stage of the season. If there were any freak occurences recently, I'd say the last couple of years with City/Liverpool running away and hitting around 100 points fall into that category. Perhaps this season's table is actually looking more normal rather than less normal.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
I agree with you to a lot of what you've said, but I think that Ole has massively over achieved by not only managing to get the best out of the squad, but getting the best out of the board.

Number TwentyFive

Since so many of those who want or wanted Ole out used his lack of experience as an argument. Well you hav to start one place. I'm not saying he is as good as Pep Guardiola, but what kind of experience did he have when he became Head Coach of Barcelona? One year at Barcelona B, and the fact that he knew the club. In my view lack of experience isn't always a hindrance of doing well. Of course Ole hasn't delivered what Pep Guardiola did, but have a look at the Barca squad from 2008, there was no need to rebuild the squad, and the club wasn't in a mess either.

The other critisism is that Ole had no game plan and ingame coaching. All managers at any level has a plan. When someone say that a manager or a coach don't have a plan, they are clueless. Every coach at all levels do have a plan, the things that is different are the factors that make the plan work or not. Like squad ability, balance of the squad, loyalty to the plan in the squad, the coach/managers ability to get his plan through (coaching ability) and of course the opponents ability and how they counter the plan. Ole probably have the same tactical plan now as he had when he arrived, the difference is that he now have a squad that is more suited to play this out on the field. There are quite likeley that there is things in his plan that he isn't satisfied with yet, but still with a better squad it is possible to excecute more of his tactical plan.

Then there is those who say that without Bruno he would have been sacked. Well didn't Ole happen to be the manager who signed him. Shouln't he get any credit for signing Bruno?

In my view Ole has did a great job, he took over a club in turmoil. There was no long term plan, the recruitment was short term based on the managers wishes and then the managers was sacked. He has changed that, the club is thinking more long term. There has been steady progress and improvement along with the recruitment of new players and sales of players that didn't deliver.

Ole had to clean up a lot of mess when since he arrived. He didn't inherit a quality squad, he didn't enter a club with a clear vision. To turn that around in a two years time is more than good enough in my view. Also considered that the only teams that has taken more points since he arrived is Liverpool and City.

Some times a few years with patience is needed and that was really needed this time, just as ith was back when Sir Alex started his work with this club.

7even

Is the right time to support our manager when we win something?

MrBest

We’re clearly on a different path to under Jose so I don’t think you can use that coming second and getting no transfer backing line
It has nothing to do with paths for me, it is the incompetence of the board. I do not trust them, flaky af.

MrBest

I agree with you to a lot of what you've said, but I think that Ole has massively over achieved by not only managing to get the best out of the squad, but getting the best out of the board.
Oh i absolutely agree that Ole has overachieved, but I am not convinced he got the best out of the board. This summer i dont think we signed anyone he wanted personally. I don't think he really wanted DVB nor Telles. I think he wanted Grealish, Reguilon and Sancho. I have no idea what his input was on Pellistri and Diallo, but he looks excited. I will always back the team each game, whether it is Ole or someone else in charge. I do like the idea of Ole being here for years and years, consistency is key. Fingers crossed he proves all the doubters wrong and he will 100% have my sincere apologies but for now, game by game we go.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Oh i absolutely agree that Ole has overachieved, but I am not convinced he got the best out of the board. This summer i dont think we signed anyone he wanted personally. I don't think he really wanted DVB nor Telles. I think he wanted Grealish, Reguilon and Sancho. I have no idea what his input was on Pellistri and Diallo, but he looks excited. I will always back the team each game, whether it is Ole or someone else in charge. I do like the idea of Ole being here for years and years, consistency is key. Fingers crossed he proves all the doubters wrong and he will 100% have my sincere apologies but for now, game by game we go.
Yeah, I probably should have worded it better. He's getting the best he possibly can out of them, and maintaining a functional relationship. He's avoided criticizing them in public, which would be counterproductive.

The board are inept, and that will keep showing here and there, but he's getting lemons and making lemonade.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Is the right time to support our manager when we win something?
if you can change your mind so easily based on a decent spell of results then I'm sure the opposite is true, too.

Ole deserves to see out the season but whether he deserves to stay on after that requires more than just a top four finish this time. How about we see what he can actually deliver instead of constantly going to/fro on our opinions?

city-puma

Since so many of those who want or wanted Ole out used his lack of experience as an argument. Well you hav to start one place. I'm not saying he is as good as Pep Guardiola, but what kind of experience did he have when he became Head Coach of Barcelona? One year at Barcelona B, and the fact that he knew the club. In my view lack of experience isn't always a hindrance of doing well. Of course Ole hasn't delivered what Pep Guardiola did, but have a look at the Barca squad from 2008, there was no need to rebuild the squad, and the club wasn't in a mess either.

The other critisism is that Ole had no game plan and ingame coaching. All managers at any level has a plan. When someone say that a manager or a coach don't have a plan, they are clueless. Every coach at all levels do have a plan, the things that is different are the factors that make the plan work or not. Like squad ability, balance of the squad, loyalty to the plan in the squad, the coach/managers ability to get his plan through (coaching ability) and of course the opponents ability and how they counter the plan. Ole probably have the same tactical plan now as he had when he arrived, the difference is that he now have a squad that is more suited to play this out on the field. There are quite likeley that there is things in his plan that he isn't satisfied with yet, but still with a better squad it is possible to excecute more of his tactical plan.

Then there is those who say that without Bruno he would have been sacked. Well didn't Ole happen to be the manager who signed him. Shouln't he get any credit for signing Bruno?

In my view Ole has did a great job, he took over a club in turmoil. There was no long term plan, the recruitment was short term based on the managers wishes and then the managers was sacked. He has changed that, the club is thinking more long term. There has been steady progress and improvement along with the recruitment of new players and sales of players that didn't deliver.

Ole had to clean up a lot of mess when since he arrived. He didn't inherit a quality squad, he didn't enter a club with a clear vision. To turn that around in a two years time is more than good enough in my view. Also considered that the only teams that has taken more points since he arrived is Liverpool and City.

Some times a few years with patience is needed and that was really needed this time, just as ith was back when Sir Alex started his work with this club.
Very well written and full of complete senses. Can admin give this a “like” please?

I think it is a little bit understated for pep’s work in Barca. No doubt that he inherited a squad with huge talents inside but unbalanced. Remember that one of the first thing he did was to bring back the young Pique from us and made him the first choice CB even though we had difficulty to give him game time because of superb partnership of Ferdinand and vidic. At the same time, gave opportunity to Barca’s youngsters and trusted them. Deployed a playing style suitable to the players taught across the whole club from youth to seniors.
Those actually echo what Ole has done for us since he took over. It’s a significant shift away from what the others post-SAF managers tried. Such as the short-term result-centroid manager like JM, and the managers with different even radically different philosophy, like Moyes and LVG. We should really have been convinced that those trials just simply not working for us. The current long term approach is what’s needed. The way Ole wants us to play is not much different in bigger picture as those progressive managers do, like Klopp. I think it an important trend in the modern football and probably will remain one of the dominant playing style categories for many years to come. Even though Ole leaves for whatever reasons, we can find the right manager to continue.

7even

if you can change your mind so easily based on a decent spell of results then I'm sure the opposite is true, too.

Ole deserves to see out the season but whether he deserves to stay on after that requires more than just a top four finish this time. How about we see what he can actually deliver instead of constantly going to/fro on our opinions?
Why do you think I easily changed my mind based on a decent spell of results?

You use the word “constantly going to/fro on your opinions”. Can you explain because I don’t understand what you mean? Who’s going to/fro?

I’m and old man with strong opinions but that doesn’t mean I can’t change my mind when things change. Maybe I see things you don’t? Maybe you have more knowledge then me?

My gut feeling and what I see on the pitch is that we’re on the right track. Premature or not. Future will tell.

Jericho

Why do you think I easily changed my mind based on a decent spell of results?

You use the word “constantly going to/fro on your opinions”. Can you explain because I don’t understand what you mean? Who’s going to/fro?

I’m and old man with strong opinions but that doesn’t mean I can’t change my mind when things change. Maybe I see things you don’t? Maybe you have more knowledge then me?

My gut feeling and what I see on the pitch is that we’re on the right track. Premature or not. Future will tell.
Because you created an "I apologise Ole" thread are a decent spell of results.

The fact is we haven't been playing well for long enough to say this isn't temporary. We've had similar spells of results in the past and then reverted quickly after. Ole's unbeaten run when he first took over was more impressive than this after all.

I think we need to see how things play out over the next few months. We lost tonight. But similar to how I don't think we should jump to conclusions that we've turned a corner based on a decent spell of results I also don't think the result tonight undermines that decent spell. We're going to lose games from time to time, and city is as tough a game as it gets. I'm more interested to see how our league form progresses. So far so good.

Womp

idiot
He's not a very good manager from a coaching perspective, at least not good enough to compete against Pep, Klopp etc. To counter this, we need superior quality/individual quality. That then doesn't work hand in hand with his favouritism of players like Lindelof who are inferior to players like Bailly.