I apologise Ole!

redrobed

This is going to be back and forth for as long as he is manager because the team is good enough to get results but he is not good enough to make them consistent. I absolutely adored the player growing up and he’s a good manager - but not Utd level.

We need a manager, not a world class former played turned good manager but a world class manager.

GoldTrafford99

This is going to be back and forth for as long as he is manager because the team is good enough to get results but he is not good enough to make them consistent. I absolutely adored the player growing up and he’s a good manager - but not Utd level.

We need a manager, not a world class former played turned good manager but a world class manager.

Why didn't we think of that before?

That's a genius idea.

Why didn't Ed Woodward think of that at least twice before... you're so silly, Ed.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s the right manager doing a good job with what he’s been given/left. It’s not his fault our owners have set us up like real or barca lite but without the risk taking and their idea of improving the squad is scrambling around for free transfers and loans (complete with huge wages) and longer contracts than ever for constantly injured players and players in the their 30s. Bringing in no starting quality players last summer sums them up to a tee. As I said in another thread it feels like they are sucking every last drop out of this last round of shite contracts while waiting for the youth to step up... most managers wouldn’t be able to win a league under those conditions. It’s pretty embarrassing how much we are spending, how little we’ve won and how much more still needs to be done and that’s all on the owners and decision makers at the top.

Last edited:

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Right now we’re playing some really good football. Against Everton we had around 10-15 minutes of defensive chaos but apart from that we looked like a very solid team.

We’re probably two maybe three players away from a serious title challenge. A new partner to Maguire and a DM and I think we’re on par with City and Liverpool. Next season will be the one to look forward too.

Ole has created a stable and safe environment where players and staff looks to work in great harmony. Yesterday’s draw was a set back but I liked the way we handled ourself.Our defense will learn from these mistakes and maybe it’s time for Ole to recruit a new defensive coach but it’s nothing to long term worry about.

I stand by my initial comment and my apologies was at least from my perspective the right time.

JustinC00

We’re probably two maybe three players away from a serious title challenge.
Need at least 5 players. An actual RW, a DM, 2 CB, a RB that can actually defend. Not to mention Pogba is gone, so he'll need replacing too. So that's 6 players. With how this board is don't hold you breath. We are still waiting for a proper RW for how many years? The only way this club spends is if we don't get CL. If we finish top 4 with this side, I really hope no one expects actual strengthen. We'll get what we got when we signed VDB, a player that wasn't at all needed when we could have spent the money going after a position or player that was actually a need

DSG

I’ve been a Utd fan since 1983. How long have you supported us? I can’t go through those days again and with ole we won’t ever be a dominant force. If your expectations are that with the team he has we lose to palace and Sheff Utd, maybe you should raise your standards and demand his head too.
I recommend you stop supporting Man Utd and start supporting PSG or Bayern. The PL is too competitive and I doubt we’ll see a run again like SAF’s United. The TV contractS are too large, there are huge investment firms coming in to buy PL assets. It’s going to be much more difficult for a single team to dominate.

Jericho

Out of the managers we've had he's the only one who's really been able to get a tune out of the players. We couldn't buy a feckin goal with the other managers. I can actually watch a game again without my attention going to my phone/laptop. I know that's not the only criteria for success, but I like where we're going right now.

ABTEK

Ole should be looking for a leader and a brave defender to play alongside Maguire. We have all seen how one player, Bruno, can elevate a team to a higher order. This team needs a player to glue the defense, in a similar way Bruno has been in attack. However, I'm afraid this needs a huge stroke of luck as much as scouting.

GoldTrafford99

Need at least 5 players. An actual RW, a DM, 2 CB, a RB that can actually defend. Not to mention Pogba is gone, so he'll need replacing too. So that's 6 players. With how this board is don't hold you breath. We are still waiting for a proper RW for how many years? The only way this club spends is if we don't get CL. If we finish top 4 with this side, I really hope no one expects actual strengthen. We'll get what we got when we signed VDB, a player that wasn't at all needed when we could have spent the money going after a position or player that was actually a need

Real world: January: Manchester United spend £37m on the most promising right-winger in world football.

RedCaf: February: We need to buy a new right winger.
Ole should be looking for a leader and a brave defender to play alongside Maguire. We have all seen how one player, Bruno, can elevate a team to a higher order. This team needs a player to glue the defense, in a similar way Bruno has been in attack. However, I'm afraid this needs a huge stroke of luck as much as scouting.

Jonny Evans

Defence sorted.

Leader. Experience. No-nonsense. Plays left-side of defence, meaning Harry can go to his favoured right-side.

No blooding in a player like Upmencano who is most likely gonna be another Lindelof or Bailly - someone who needs blooding into the Premier League. Yes, Jonny would need replacing in 2-3 seasons, but for right now he is the IDEAL player to slot right into the gaping hole in our defensive line.
I would make three big changes if I was Ole...

Henderson instead of De Gea

Jonny Evans to partner Maguire (cost to buy his 2 year contract out? Probably £23m)

Declan Rice to sit in front of our back four (cost to buy his 3 year contract out? Probably £65m)

Then in summer of 2022, I would hope we can buy the best young striker in the world, be that Haaland or Mbappe...

GoldTrafford99

Wow. This is genius.

How did nobody think of this before?

Damn you Ed Woodward.... We need a world class manager. Doh!

How about Louis van Gaal, he has won everything there was to win in the club game... doesn't get more world class than that...

no wait!!! Wait.

Jose Mouirnho. He's won the title at EVERY club he's ever been at. And he knows the Premier League inside out. It doesn't get more world class than Jose. Get him in.

You're a genius RedRobed. GENE. EEE. USSSSS!

stw2022

Wow. This is genius.

How did nobody think of this before?

Damn you Ed Woodward.... We need a world class manager. Doh!

How about Louis van Gaal, he has won everything there was to win in the club game... doesn't get more world class than that...

no wait!!! Wait.

Jose Mouirnho. He's won the title at EVERY club he's ever been at. And he knows the Premier League inside out. It doesn't get more world class than Jose. Get him in.

You're a genius RedRobed. GENE. EEE. USSSSS!
if you have a bad dentist do you go to another dentist to fix it or do you decide you have enough evidence to conclude experienced dentists are no good so instead decide to entrust your root canal to a vet?

That’s assuming the vet doesn’t hang up on you before you make the appointment when bored with how impressed you sound at your own sarcasm

tomaldinho1

I apologise for apologising for apologising for apologising for apologising for apologising for apologising

croadyman

I apologise for ever thinking you could actually keep the pressure on City

izec

Too early to apologise, as i said. Top 4 is the best we can hope for with him
Can only repeat what i said 3 weeks ago. Top 4 and semi finals is as far as he can take us

Put him out of his misery already, together with the 'coaching' staff. Imposters the lot of them

abailey123

Not good enough to make them consistent?
We’ve lost one league game since November. Putting a 13 game run together without a loss. If that was City everyone would be acclaiming them the greatest team the premier league has ever seen!
Our problems pretty clear. We’re a centre half and a Right Winger short of challenging. Our only option on the right is a 19 year old kid!

arnie_ni

Not good enough to make them consistent?
We’ve lost one league game since November. Putting a 13 game run together without a loss. If that was City everyone would be acclaiming them the greatest team the premier league has ever seen!
Our problems pretty clear. We’re a centre half and a Right Winger short of challenging. Our only option on the right is a 19 year old kid!
consistently dropping points the past month or so

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
You can tell how many fans on here keep flip flopping on their decision. I have always remained consistent throughout. Ole job has been saved numerous time by the quality of players we had and the individual brilliance they produce. Even Gary Neville would admit that as an ardent supporter of Ole. Ole has this weird knack of providing many false dawn, which fools a lot of supporters. However, only few can see through it.

The biggest indicator this season should be how we went out in the champions league. From such a comfortable position, it took a real bottle job for us to get out of the group stage. Ole has never changed my opinion and he is still the same ole that I have always seen as a manager. He does well in providing a friendly atmosphere, which makes the player produce at critical interval, but that is not enough. We need a top manager that understands how to make these players play without relying so much on individual brilliance and more on cohesive, interplay team football.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I have never changed my mind.
Even when we have a good run of results, our performances leave a lot to be desired.
We cam do better than him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Not happy with the performance and his choices on who to play but I'm happy with him finishing and replacing our RCB and RW before we judge him.

If we only play on individuality no one can pretend like we have enough of it.

Bruno, Shaw, Maguire, Rashford and maybe Pogba and Wan Bissaka.

We got a long way to go until we set up 11 individual players with excess ability- I'm happy to wait for that.

Idxomer

I have never changed my mind.
Even when we have a good run of results, our performances leave a lot to be desired.
We cam do better than him.
Me too. I never got sucked in when the results were good though I was hopeful to see some progress along with the wins.

croadyman

You can tell how many fans on here keep flip flopping on their decision. I have always remained consistent throughout. Ole job has been saved numerous time by the quality of players we had and the individual brilliance they produce. Even Gary Neville would admit that as an ardent supporter of Ole. Ole has this weird knack of providing many false dawn, which fools a lot of supporters. However, only few can see through it.

The biggest indicator this season should be how we went out in the champions league. From such a comfortable position, it took a real bottle job for us to get out of the group stage. Ole has never changed my opinion and he is still the same ole that I have always seen as a manager. He does well in providing a friendly atmosphere, which makes the player produce at critical interval, but that is not enough. We need a top manager that understands how to make these players play without relying so much on individual brilliance and more on cohesive, interplay team football.
Proud to say my views on Ole haven't changed since he got the job on a permanent basis and what has happened in the last seven games but also the Champions League just emphasises my point perfectly about him not being the man. I want to finish in the top 4 places but at the same time feel so worried about him taking this team any further forward.

hobbers

Not happy with the performance and his choices on who to play but I'm happy with him finishing and replacing our RCB and RW before we judge him.
This is a scary post considering Ole's £135m solutions to the RB and LCB problems.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

If we only play on individuality no one can pretend like we have enough of it.

Bruno, Shaw, Maguire, Rashford and maybe Pogba and Wan Bissaka.

We got a long way to go until we set up 11 individual players with excess ability- I'm happy to wait for that.
Sounds to me like you want the best squad in the world just to compensate for a below par manager.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
consistently dropping points the past month or so
And yet we're still second!!

Only one team that's shown consistency in the last few months and that's City, hence the reason they are top by a long way.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is a scary post considering Ole's £135m solutions to the RB and LCB problems.
And I dont have a problem with them.

The players that Jose Mourinho bought to partner Maguire was worse choices than the 80 million spent on Maguire and 50 on Wan Bissaka.

I personally dont think any manager could get our defence better whilst ensuring one of Lindelof or Bailly is starting/playing with their injury records.

We need a new GK too.

Arguably the people I'm most happy with are the players Ole bought (Bruno, AWB, maguire, hopefully VDB),players he has improved (Shaw & Fred) and the players from our youth system (Greenwood & Rashford).

I dont see how this 135 million is a big deal in sorting out a defence that had more than 5 problems when dealing with.

If you think someone can fix a Valencia/young/smalling/Bailyl/Lindelof/Rojo/Shaw/De gea defence system for less than 135 million then so be it.

I couldnt.

arnie_ni

And yet we're still second!!

Only one team that's shown consistency in the last few months and that's City, hence the reason they are top by a long way.
We're 2nd looking down to a top 4 battle instead of pushing for first place.

Losses against the bottom 2 and a late equaliser allowed against Everton. Win those games and We're still top.

Bottlers.

Champ

Sounds to me like you want the best squad in the world just to compensate for a below par manager.
So people claim we have an awful defense, poor goal keeper, need a right winger and an out and out goalscorer, yet we somehow find ourselves the second best team in the league?
All this despite having a poor manager?!
Strange when you actually think about it eh?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I can't look at this thread title without All Apologies from Nirvana playing on repeat in my head.

I'm starting to get concerned.

Godfather

So people claim we have an awful defense, poor goal keeper, need a right winger and an out and out goalscorer, yet we somehow find ourselves the second best team in the league?
Not all that strange. Most of our players underperform under Ole. Especially our forwards.

Champ

Losses against the bottom 2 and a late equaliser allowed against Everton. Win those games and We're still top.

Bottlers.
We we're never in a title race,
What was our aim at the start of the season? Top three, maybe a domestic trophy? Both of which are achievable still.
To think we could match City with the squad we have compared to the squad they have in a Covid impacted season is just bizarre.
This season is another step forward, we still have a way to go but we are definitely closer to where we need to be.
Surely no-one can deny that?

croadyman

Bottlers.
There are always going to be glass half full people when it comes to his management, even less chance of a change being made now with Poch & Tuchel now being taken off the table. The cold hard truth is that until we have the CB, CDM & RW Ole wants then the board will just keep on giving him more time no matter where we finish this season.

hobbers

Not when you remember we're Manchester United and have a manager who's had 2.5 years in the job, spent £250m+, is tasked with making us title-winners within 3 seasons, and the season being far from over with Leicester Liverpool and Chelsea all easily capable of getting ahead of us.

Champ

Not all that strange. Most of our players underperform under Ole. Especially our forwards.
So we should be top of the league yeah?
Are you really serious, can't actually tell anymore on this place!
If anything we are over performing from where we thought we would be.
Europe was a shocker but the league is a step forward.

arnie_ni

We we're never in a title race,
What was our aim at the start of the season? Top three, maybe a domestic trophy? Both of which are achievable still.
To think we could match City with the squad we have compared to the squad they have in a Covid impacted season is just bizarre.
This season is another step forward, we still have a way to go but we are definitely closer to where we need to be.
Surely no-one can deny that?
What do you mean we weren't in a title race? We were first 2 weeks ago with games against Sheffield United, a poor arsenal, Everton and wba in our next 4!

Of course we were in a fecking title race.

IAmAWinner

What a cringe thread in hindsight. Bruno being superhuman has kept him in a job.