I bloody love the World Cup

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
This World Cup has been one of the best in a while, some iconic goals already.. that Aussie deciding goal will go down in Australian football history. The Saudi game. The Cameroon come back. Yesterday was enthralling, a classic between Saudi and Mexico.The minnows have stepped up and provided some memories but for the tournament to go to the next level, the big boys need to produce some classics in the knockouts...

Spoony

The People's President
Let's be honest WCs haven't been great since 98. I loved 86,90,82(too young to properly enjoy, though). And 98 was fantastic too.

Dr. StrangeHate

Agreed. Nothing compares and I'm baffled when people sneer at international football.
You don't watch the world cup for the quality of football. You watch it for the drama and the stories. People who sneer at it are sneering at the quality.

Last edited:

Oranges038

48 team 2026 WC will say bleep you to your love just a bit.
Groups of 3 with only 1 qualifying might make it more interesting. As it is, 2 teams will know what they need to do on the last game, so I expect we'll see quite a few draws that will be boring and almost feel organised because it suits both teams to get through.

TsuWave

I just don’t care about it much. International football is largely shit.

There are some really entertaining games from time to time and I love a good upset though

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Monday mornings two games peaked for this World Cup, but last nights two games were up there in terms of drama. Been a great feast of football so far

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Anyone else getting withdrawals from 4 games a day :(

I loved turning the tele on and there was a game on. Soon we'll be on a game every 2 days, then...nothing. FIN.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Love it too, even if it's in winter this time. I've "worked" from home for the past 3 weeks and watched it all, even the shite 0-0 games.

Only thing that would make it better is if Oranje could perhaps decide to remove the feces from their pants and play like men from now on. Though if we get to the quarters our playstyle becomes completely irrelevant.

FriedClams

Has been a fantastic tournament so far. The quarter finals at the moment are shaping up to be maybe the best ever at any WC.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

I loved turning the tele on and there was a game on. Soon we'll be on a game every 2 days, then...nothing. FIN.
Absolutely yes

And the 3pm kick offs are a nightmare with the school run too!

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
It really is great. And I'm sort of annoyed that some people would actually suggest that it's not. Because not only as a sporting event, the football wc is the biggest event in the world- taking into consideration how people all over the world are glued to it in immense numbers and unity. Huge screenings and celebrations the world over - there is nothing quite like it. People of all nations watching and talking football for around a month. The slogan 'football unites all' is spot on.
I get what you're saying. Everyone watches it. Grandmothers watch it. Americans watch it FFS :lol:
The Champions League is just not like that. That competition has its own charms but it doesn't include everyone like the World Cup.

Antarion

They could do a "lower tournament" with all teams placed 3rd and 4th to fill TV air times for the golden Banana

Parma Dewol

Always been an event to look forward to for me. Usually book a week off in the summer to enjoy the games. Now working from home, the winter World Cup has worked out great with perfect kick off times and some cracking games.

Never been to an international football match. Attending a World Cup is something for the bucket list. Can only imagine the festival atmosphere must be such a contrast to a day at Old Trafford.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Crazy scenes!

whitbyviking

The standard has been extremely poor at times, and some of the teams are awful, but there has been as much excitement here as you get in half a season of the PL at times.

mu4c_20le

Weird upsets because the big teams didnt take some of the games seriously

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I mean if that doesn't entertain every fibre of your being then you're probably dead inside...

Or German...

Though having said that...

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Can't imagine how Japanese fans are feeling right now.. Amazing.

MUnchies

To think at one point in both games Germany and Spain where out. That would have been incredible if both went out.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
To think at one point in both games Germany and Spain where out. That would have been incredible if both went out.
Germany really bottled it. They easily could have lost the game with a couple of well timed own goals and they fecked it up.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This has been one of the best World Cups in a while. Great entertainment.

Canagel

International tournaments are clear of club football. I hate that I have to wait 4 years for this, we need a WC every 2 years.

Last edited:

MDFC Manager

Morocco topping their group. Japan topping theirs which had Spain and Germany. This is beautiful

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Anyway, best tournament in the world. The UCL does not compare at all.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Let's be honest, that Japan goal had more than a slice of good fortune. But as they say, fortune favours the brave.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I think the WC is so intriguing because of the sheer unpredictability. There isn't a 'Man City' bulldozering their way through

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Morocco topping their group. Japan topping theirs which had Spain and Germany. This is beautiful
Still a big national team is gonna win the WC anyways, it won't be Morocco or Japan though.

Champions League have had underdogs winning or going far too, so we can see upsets in club football as well