I bloody love the World Cup

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
I think the WC is so intriguing because of the sheer unpredictability. There isn't a 'Man City' bulldozering their way through
City hasn't won the CL either.

If the WC was played in league format it would be even less surprises.

And still a minor team hasn't won the WC yet

Marzo

I love it , the upsets , the unpredictably, make’s it special.
It is all about national pride and playing for your nation and giving them the emotional impact that no other game can.

the_cliff

Still a big national team is gonna win the WC anyways, it won't be Morocco or Japan though.

Champions League have had underdogs winning or going far too, so we can see upsets in club football as well
Of course, but if you look at the chance of that happening in the world cup, the odds are much lower than the UCL.

This is only the 22nd ever world cup and only the 7th that has the expanded '32' team format. If it was played yearly like the UCL is we would've seen an underdog go on to win it.

redshaw

It's turning out to be a special World Cup and knockouts still to come.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I love it , the upsets , the unpredictably, make’s it special.
It is all about national pride and playing for your nation and giving them the emotional impact that no other game can.
The national pride and sense of belonging is something no club football can ever provide IMHO

Bole Top

it's been an incredible tournament, no debate about that. I will actually miss all those games during the day once it's over. club football and CL simply can't compete with this. unlike CL quarters, I don't feel like I'm simply watching someone just doing their job and what he's paid for. it's going to be crazy in here on the day we play Japan. you don't get that with club football.

marktan

I hope they don't mess up the format with the 48 teams. The group stages this year have been lit.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
If you are not entertained, if this is not why you are here, then stop watching football.

It may be hosted in the most controversial of circumstances but it certainly has been the most entertaining on the pitch. Loving it

Spoony

The People's President
Great WC. Very exciting. Lacks a couple of really great sides but it's been the best world cup since 98.

hp88

If you are not entertained, if this is not why you are here, then stop watching football.

It may be hosted in the most controversial of circumstances but it certainly has been the most entertaining on the pitch. Loving it
This! It's been brilliant if you just concentrate on the football, it's had a it all.

ThinkTank@Cafe

World Cup. Best football. It’s Christmas X 4. I’m 43 and I turn into 7 years old (Mexico 86). This World Cup is amazing.

I love United but club football is like back to normal daily life in times of crisis.

ExoduS

This is one of the worst world cups ever. Quarters are big disappointment. Semis are a joke.

ExoduS

Didn't watch any of the games then?
Watched all of them.
Brazil vs Netherlands, and Portugal vs England should have been semis. Just like God doesn't exist, football Gods don't exist either so we have terrible semis ahead of us.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Watched all of them.
Brazil vs Netherlands, and Portugal vs England should have been semis. Just like God doesn't exist, football Gods don't exist either so we have terrible semis ahead of us.
:lol:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Watched all of them.
So because your didn't like the results you didn't like the games?

jungledrums

Surprised by the comments in here. Finding it disappointing. Today’s game between france and England was one of the few high quality, entertaining matches. Couple that with all the controversy and it’s not tickled my fancy, since we’re all giving our opinions

Whywhywhy

Supports
Boca Juniors
Watched all of them.
Netherlands are dirty bastards and didn't deserve to draw against Ecuador. Ugly side playing two neuron football style. Bullying players in their path to kick penalties.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I feel like this is the WC at it's zenith. This will live in people's memories (peak social media.) Enjoy this folks. The next one will be bloated, we'll be recovering from a recession and the I don't think the internet will be as fun.

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Watched all of them.
I feel your pain, shit world cup

Shiva87

That was a classical exhibition of national football.

what a game.

we’ll be talking about this for the rest of our lives.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Will be sad to see it go but has to end.