I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

I got no error. I got some confirmation page saying thank you for your order. I assume they just haven't set the confirmation page up properly and will suspend it as per my instructions.
Yeah got the same. Now when I access the page logged in, I get an error (but logged out it works).

Redo91

Just so I’m clear is it the case that if you pause your subscription you get to keep the channels and they just start charging again when the football is back? I thought by pausing it you were losing the channels. Also if you pause it they won’t then charge you for the month you paused when you start paying again will they?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
How the feck ya pause it? Cant get through on phone and surprise surprise can't get through online ... Yet every other part of their website works flawlessly

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Just so I’m clear is it the case that if you pause your subscription you get to keep the channels and they just start charging again when the football is back? I thought by pausing it you were losing the channels. Also if you pause it they won’t then charge you for the month you paused when you start paying again will they?
Surprised if you still get the sports channels as it's easy for them to be switched on/off at the point of contact(phone call), but there is no way they would be able to charge you for them at a latter date when and if everything goes back to normal, none.

Deery

Dreary
Surprised if you still get the sports channels as it's easy for them to be switched on/off at the point of contact(phone call), but there is no way they would be able to charge you for them at a latter date when and if everything goes back to normal, none.
You do get to keep your sports channels but sure there is nothing to watch anyway, you just continue to pay as usual when the sport is back on.

Bestietom

Sky Sports is far too dear and they should be offering cheaper packages on Sports for OAPs. They are grabbing every last penny we have from us. I got rid as I go to the pub to see games here in Ireland. I travel over to my sisters in Altrincham, for about 8/9 home games a year now. Had to slow down because of health matters. It's a shame that Sky have not got competition with cheaper options.

Red For Ever

I had Sky until they started chasing me, on the phone, by letter, and eventually by Collection agency letter, it was for unpaid amounts in a different name to mine for 2 years ago, at an address I had not lived at for almost 10 years,

I called several times, after a lot of hanging around, was told not to worry all sorted, ( The girls on the phone were fine, no problem with them, agreed it was stupid, got the impression my situation was not unique, ) but still, the demands came sent emails and recorded letters, but no response.

But when I cancelled at my current address, explained because of the behaviour chasing me for something clearly not anything to do with me, then suddenly they were non stop trying to get me to change my mind.

In the end, I sent them a letter, recorded delivery, saying fine take me to court, looking forward to making them look stupid and incompetent.
explained it all once again, and included a very long list of expenses I felt I was entitled to because of the incompetence and harassment

Not heard anymore,

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So if the channels never 'disappear' how do you know your request to pause them has gone through?

Ok can answer that myself, go to your future bills and Sky Sports should then show as free

Excellent

Nero

Yeah, I paused and was expecting the channels to disappear, but no you still get to keep them.

C'est Moi Cantona

How can you cancel/pause with Virgin Media, no way of doing it online, as that seems to be for upgrades only, and no chance of getting through on the phone, no email address in sight.?

Why they don't just pause everyone's sky sports accounts automatically I have no idea.

acnumber9

Does anybody have any idea if it affects package deals? Anytime I try to change something online it messes up the price I pay by more than it should.

Deery

Dreary
How can you cancel/pause with Virgin Media, no way of doing it online, as that seems to be for upgrades only, and no chance of getting through on the phone, no email address in sight.?

Why they don't just pause everyone's sky sports accounts automatically I have no idea.
I know it’s a disgrace really, they sent me an email last night on Covid 19 not even a mention of cancelling the sports.
Wouldn’t of had a clue if it wasn’t for the Caf

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Be interesting to see how this plays out, Sky know a lot of folk cancel the skysports part of their subscription at the end of the football then sit back waiting for offers to come in early August, this way you are committing through the Summer months which will effect your minimum 18 month contracts, and if you are currently on a offer you will be charged the full-price if you cancel when the season eventually ends, if it in fact does.

C'est Moi Cantona

I know it’s a disgrace really, they sent me an email last night on Covid 19 not even a mention of cancelling the sports.
Wouldn’t of had a clue if it wasn’t for the Caf
It's just their mentality, let us all have to make big effort cancelling it, and hope we give up, or don't bother, I was on the phone for 40 minutes with no success..
I can't believe there isn't an option online to remove the sports, there certainly is the add stuff, I'm sure BT offer this service.

If I cancel the standing order then you can guarantee they'll be onto me in a flash, so that is maybe the best approach now, and when my contract is up I'll just go elsewhere, people won't forget which big companies were the greediest during all this.

Deery

Dreary
It's just their mentality, let us all have to make big effort cancelling it, and hope we give up, or don't bother, I was on the phone for 40 minutes with no success..
I can't believe there isn't an option online to remove the sports, there certainly is the add stuff, I'm sure BT offer this service.

If I cancel the standing order then you can guarantee they'll be onto me in a flash, so that is maybe the best approach now, and when my contract is up I'll just go elsewhere, people won't forget which big companies were the greediest during all this.
Try this link it might be busy but it works really fast make sure you are already logged in.

https://www.awin1.com/awclick.php?mid=11005&id=201309&p=https://www.sky.com/pausesports

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Sky Sports is far too dear and they should be offering cheaper packages on Sports for OAPs. They are grabbing every last penny we have from us.
Why should they offer it cheaper to OAP’s? And if you think Sky Sports are grabbing all your money then it’s simple, don’t have Sky Sports. It is business at the end of the day and if you don’t like the prices then don’t pay. You aren’t being forced to pay.

C'est Moi Cantona

Try this link it might be busy but it works really fast make sure you are already logged in.

https://www.awin1.com/awclick.php?mid=11005&id=201309&p=https://www.sky.com/pausesports
Thanks, but it's for Sky, I have my account with Virgin and have Sky Sports as an add through them, so I don't have a log in for this page, but well done Sky.

Quick read through a forum says Virgin aren't even offering the pause service if you do get through, so it would have to be cancelled.

Like I say people will remember little things like this.

kidbob

The girlfriend's parents paused their subscription this morning. It took them 2 hours in total. I'm amazed that Sky haven't taken the opportunity to stop billing people for these paid services in their end. If I was involved in this I would do that and then I would start to show a load of content on these channels for free. Like past football, rugby, tennis matches etc. It would show a real gesture of goodwill and might stop some customers from completely cancelling their subscriptions. If Man Utd can do something like this on their websire then Sky can too.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I had Sky until they started chasing me, on the phone, by letter, and eventually by Collection agency letter, it was for unpaid amounts in a different name to mine for 2 years ago, at an address I had not lived at for almost 10 years,

I called several times, after a lot of hanging around, was told not to worry all sorted, ( The girls on the phone were fine, no problem with them, agreed it was stupid, got the impression my situation was not unique, ) but still, the demands came sent emails and recorded letters, but no response.

But when I cancelled at my current address, explained because of the behaviour chasing me for something clearly not anything to do with me, then suddenly they were non stop trying to get me to change my mind.

In the end, I sent them a letter, recorded delivery, saying fine take me to court, looking forward to making them look stupid and incompetent.
explained it all once again, and included a very long list of expenses I felt I was entitled to because of the incompetence and harassment

Not heard anymore,
Obviously they had a subscription listed in your name, or else they wouldn't have adressed it to you.

Bestietom

Why should they offer it cheaper to OAP’s? And if you think Sky Sports are grabbing all your money then it’s simple, don’t have Sky Sports. It is business at the end of the day and if you don’t like the prices then don’t pay. You aren’t being forced to pay.
I'm not paying as if you read it right I got rid. I'm speaking on behalf of what my friends and neighbours are saying and TG the OAPs don't have to deal with people like you all the time. The world would be an even worse place to live in.

Red For Ever

Obviously they had a subscription listed in your name, or else they wouldn't have adressed it to you.

Sure except was at the new address, the copy of the bill they sent was in another name, but my old address

And almost 10 years earlier it had been in my name at that address

Definitely not responsible for bills in another name at an address I had not lived at for many years

The girls at Sky agreed but did not stop the demands

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Managed to do it online there! Quite happy even if it's only for a month, was only paying 17 quid a month anyway, unless they include the hd sports which is another tenner, so could save 27 a month

Pughnichi

Do we reckon the free to air Sky games will be available on now tv aswell?

TheLiverBird

Sky Sports is far too dear and they should be offering cheaper packages on Sports for OAPs. They are grabbing every last penny we have from us. I got rid as I go to the pub to see games here in Ireland. I travel over to my sisters in Altrincham, for about 8/9 home games a year now. Had to slow down because of health matters. It's a shame that Sky have not got competition with cheaper options.
Sky Sports can indeed be very cheap actually, and legally

just depends on your circumstances

do you have 3 family members that will happily help and love their sports?

Now TV offer Sky Sports Season Tickets before each season

last seasons offer was £199 for a season pass for all the Sky Sports Channels

I split that 3 ways between myself, my Dad and my Brother

Now TV only allows you to view on 2 devices though, so we also purchase the £3 a month Boost pass which allows us to watch on 3 devices, so me, my Dad and Brother can all watch at the same time in our own homes

so £3 a month is £30 for the season, add that onto the £199 season pass that’s £229 altogether

between 3 people that is only £76 for the entire season

that’s pretty good value if you ask me, it’s equivalent to £7 a month for genuine none illegally or dodgy streamed Sky

Cheap as chips

Red00012

My Sky Sports bill Goes back up on the 19th June . Now tv are offering deals on sky sports and sports extra . I might call up Sky and see could I get BT on a deal for 3 months .

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

TheReligion

Abusive

Now TV only allows you to view on 2 devices though, so we also purchase the £3 a month Boost pass which allows us to watch on 3 devices, so me, my Dad and Brother can all watch at the same time in our own homes

so £3 a month is £30 for the season, add that onto the £199 season pass that’s £229 altogether

that’s pretty good value if you ask me, it’s equivalent to £7 a month for genuine none illegally or dodgy streamed Sky

Cheap as chips
That's not a bad idea. How does now TV work? Do you need to plug a stick in to your box?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Cheap as chips
I cannot find anything about this on the Nowtv website.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
That's not a bad idea. How does now TV work? Do you need to plug a stick in to your box?
You can get a now TV box or if you have a PS4 just download the app and watch through your TV or you can watch on phones, tablets or laptops.

TheReligion

Abusive
You can get a now TV box or if you have a PS4 just download the app and watch through your TV or you can watch on phones, tablets or laptops.
Thanks mate. That's the thing really I like having sky but just not paying ridiculous amounts for the sports. Everything is just made so difficult when it really shouldn't be!

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC

Cheap as chips
Still problems.

1 - Not everyone has people to split with.
2 - That offer was limited time only.
3 - You dont get the full season, many games dont air on sky. For fans of clubs not part of the big 6, this is more than half of their games, a lot of games.
4 - Now tv is lower quality than illegal services, something sky should be ashamed off.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Still problems.

1 - Not everyone has people to split with.
2 - That offer was limited time only.
3 - You dont get the full season, many games dont air on sky. For fans of clubs not part of the big 6, this is more than half of their games, a lot of games.
4 - Now tv is lower quality than illegal services, something sky should be ashamed off.
Sky employ Graeme Souness and Paul Merson, they are ashamed of nothing.

TheLiverBird

like someone else who quoted your post said mate, you can get a small Now TV Box, or USB stick to plug into your TV, PS4, Xbox

or if you’ve got a smart TV just download it, most new smart TV’s should be able to download it

Status
Not open for further replies.