I disagree with the popular gloomy consensus

Hawks2008

We are limp in the market and lacking quality and depth. Our top 4 hopes lie on other teams being worse than us.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
We will struggle to make top 6 next season unless we end the window with some big surprises.

CM10

I'm not sure if there is a gloomy consensus as such, you will find opinions like these anywhere on the internet. I think most people acknowledge this team has its limitations but I'm sure there are a lot who are more positive about the direction the club is heading in than they were 12 months ago, I know I certainly am.

Jonty

I'm not sure if there is a gloomy consensus as such, you will find opinions like these anywhere on the internet. I think most people acknowledge this team has its limitations but I'm sure there are a lot who are more positive about the direction the club is heading in than they were 12 months ago, I know I certainly am.
This! This time last year we were all awaiting the mourinho third year meltdown, hoping that the team can come together and youth can be bled into the team. A couple of good cup runs and push for top 4 should be achievable.

WireMUFC

The doom and gloom squad sound like rival fans to me.

I agree with your post, yes we are pretty shit compared to where we should be but some people are way over the top. Absolutely miserable some of them.

The old “why would they come to us” is the most annoying one. People talk like we got relagated last year and talk more positively about teams like Wolves, Leicester and Watford.

Some of the stuff they come out with I very much doubt they watch us and just repeat what other robots say on the internet for likes from rival fans.

Kag

Posting with any sort of positivity is usually shot down on this forum so well done for having a go.

Now, go pull your head out from the sand and stop supporting the evil Glazer empire...

Oh, and Ole is a cnut.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
A club like United who has a history of success has too many spoiled little bitches for fans and they infect every online forum they get their hands on. Like ok, criticism is fine, and it's well deserved. But there's a distance between that and the whining and complaining that's constantly on here.

My guess is that they are frustrated from their other failings in life and they project that anger in failure on the club and players.
Goodness me, calm down...

People disagree with you - there's no need to resort to this type of hysteria and overly-emotional silliness.

Indeed, it's actually THIS type of whining that is most prevalent in my opinion.

Classical Mechanic

After seeing our friendlies I feel a little happier. The high pressing has been great but the players seem to be playing with the joy that we saw early in Ole's reign.

Web of Bissaka

Not sure if it's really a popular consensus or not, since I do see enough posters who are not making those gloomy type of posts/threads.

Yeah, I get your point OP.
There are things to cheer and be optimistic about so far.
However there are also things to criticize and get skeptical about.

Being too positive i.e. hoping and trusting too much can end up hurts a lot when it turns out to be like empty promises and all.
Neither does being too negative which if we look at it with a calm mind, doesn't really add much to the discussion or like what's the point though some cases, understandable.
Then again, it has been another tough year following the mess of last season closure, about 4 months ago, still vivid in our memories. That hurts, so I think maybe we should be more understanding when some posters spilling their emotions in the caf. Post-SAF hasn't been an overall good period of time, yes there were fun moments, but a lot more depressing moments in comparison, tough to swallow.

Some posters may need time to adjust expectations.. the feats which SAF did is just huge, accepting that all clubs go through different periods of rise and fall and we're now on the down low with no certainty of rising and fear of falling even further plays in the back of our mind, it's understandable really. I think I already seen some posters finally adjust well, but calling for better competence from all the club, managers and players without going overboard is fair.
There are reasonable posters who criticize well on point without going overboard or over emotional with repetitive posts after posts, I think that's also fair.

That said, I don't really agree with some.. ok many of our players are giving their all or not, among other things.
Oh well, everyone have their opinions, to each their own.

Kemizee

I like Lingard, yes he’s a dick off the pitch, but he plays his heart our for you. Ole has pointed out he’s one of the best you have for the high pressing and intense style of play he’s imposing. Maybe he wouldn’t make the City or Pool first teams, but I imagine Arsenal and Chelsea would happily take him right now. Oh and he scored a winning FA Cup screamer for you.

Just look at the following you have on your tour compared to say .. Inter Milan.

Slowly introducing some of your younger players, so far it’s working and he’s doing it sensibly with minimal fuss. You can see he has a clear exciting and attacking style he wants to implement. Seems to have dealt with the Pogba situation well and the media in general. He also has a clear idea of the sort of players he needs to sign for that style to complement the existing squad. He hasn’t had a huge meltdown in preseason because he can’t get Maguire!

You have a tonne of youth in your team while Young, Jones, Mata and Matic all have vests amount of experience, have all won trophies and all know what it takes to win. We all know that you need that mix of experience, who better as role models for the likes of AWB, McT, Tuanzebe, Gomes etc yes they are approaching the end of their careers, but they have a lot still to give in terms bringing the youngsters through.

You’re transfer approach has been scatter gun, because Moyes had no plan b when his unrealistic targets weren’t signed, Van Gaal style was very different he wanted safe possession based players in defence and midfield with creative flair up front hence schneiderlin, blind, ADM and Falcao - this place was over the moon when ADM and Falcao signed, no one saw how that would fail. Mou p,aged a different style again. But Ole and team seem to be getting to grips with that, he’s working with what he’s got and seems to know clearly the players he needs to complement it, there is a clear strategy. You’re transfer season so far has probably been better or at least up there with anyone in the top 6

“Who the feck is Longstaff, only 9 prem starts, no thanks/why didn’t our shit scouts get Maguire when he was at Hull?”

No response needed to this!

In short, there’s lots to be optimistic about, Ole has even said he knows how to the best out of Sanchez. I’ll believ that when I see it!
The doom and gloom here is because most fans have seen with their eyes especially the last five years that we are in a mess and nothing seems to be changing. If there ere encouraging signs on the football aspects of the club, I guess most wouldn't care what the hell the owners are doing elsewhere.

Lingard is shit. No sugar coating it. No serious clubs with top ambitions would allow him stink up one of their prominent attacking positions year in year out but hey who cares? He is a local lad, runs his heart out and is still a developing youngster...

Granted that Jones, Smalling and Young had winning experience under Fergie but since the great man retired, they have all regressed and have even been the spearheads of instability and nervousness in our play whenever they are on the pitch. Of what use is their experience and leadership when the younger ones in the team demonstrate more composure than them all?

Do we have a transfer strategy? We have only bought players to please respective managers who have all had contrasting styles of play. What we have as our team now is a conglomeration of individuals with different motives, styles and drive which of course results in the lacklustre performances we all witness on a regular basis. Hopefully OGS can implement an actual trasfer strategy and I mean one that is all-encompassing and can provide sustainable success and not the 'must be young, hungry, and British'. thing that seems to be at the forefront of our recruitment this year.

Is there a cause for optimism among the fan base currently? The new players maybe(AWB and James) and some academy prospects emerging but beyond that I find reasons for optimism far and few between compared to the cloud of negativity surrounding us.

Lentwood

Look, it's all very well and good trying to be positive but this reminds me of the classic line from the Scouse "Boom or Bust" graphic. Something along the likes of "during pre-season the majority of Scousers convince themselves they are in fact the greatest team in the league, helped largely by the fact that no actual football is being played"

We've been a great pre-season side post SAF, problems begin when our opponents actually care about the result

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
A club like United who has a history of success has too many spoiled little bitches for fans and they infect every online forum they get their hands on. Like ok, criticism is fine, and it's well deserved. But there's a distance between that and the whining and complaining that's constantly on here.

My guess is that they are frustrated from their other failings in life and they project that anger in failure on the club and players.
That's some high class armchair psychology right there.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Look, it's all very well and good trying to be positive but this reminds me of the classic line from the Scouse "Boom or Bust" graphic. Something along the likes of "during pre-season the majority of Scousers convince themselves they are in fact the greatest team in the league, helped largely by the fact that no actual football is being played"

We've been a great pre-season side post SAF, problems begin when our opponents actually care about the result
It isn’t how we’ve performed in preseason but the manner in which we have approached it that is a cause of optimism. We pressed the life out of a decent Inter side in conditions that required we had to take drink breaks. I don’t think the players have gotten enough credit for that. We’re seeing more fluidity and a willingness to play out from the back. AWB looks to be an inspirational signing and goes a long way to sorting out our right side.

The youth prospects we’ve been following closely for so long are beginning to display their credentials, with the likes of Greenwood, Tuanzebe and Chong/Gomes looking likely to feature a fair bit this season.

Ole seems to have a real handle on the strengths of these players and where we need to improve. Despite the panic, we aren’t going to fix everything in one season. This is going to take another 2 or 3, but we are moving in the right direction. Even if we don’t sign another player, I expect us to be closer to 3rd than we are 6th and think we will comfortably get top 4 this season.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I think United fans are justified in being more optimistic now.

Ole is likely to improve his grasp of things now that he's no longer quite such the 'new guy', you've signed AWB who likely will be a big improvement at RB, you look likely to sign Maguire and he will improve your CB options, and it's pre-season when all is to play for, it's fresh start ahead and maybe one or two youngsters will step up to the plate this season and exceed expectations.

OK, you've lost Hererra and are there still a few gaps to plug, but most other teams also have gaps still to plug.

So all in all, if I was a United fan I'd be cautiously optimistic right now.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think United fans are justified in being more optimistic now.

Ole is likely to improve his grasp of things now that he's no longer quite such the 'new guy', you've signed AWB who likely will be a big improvement at RB, you look likely to sign Maguire and he will improve your CB options, and it's pre-season when all is to play for, it's fresh start ahead and maybe one or two youngsters will step up to the plate this season and exceed expectations.

OK, you've lost Hererra and are there still a few gaps to plug, but most other teams also have gaps still to plug.

So all in all, if I was a United fan I'd be cautiously optimistic right now.
Do you think we have any chance in getting Poch next summer?

jesperjaap

I like Lingard, yes he’s a dick off the pitch, but he plays his heart our for you. Ole has pointed out he’s one of the best you have for the high pressing and intense style of play he’s imposing. Maybe he wouldn’t make the City or Pool first teams, but I imagine Arsenal and Chelsea would happily take him right now. Oh and he scored a winning FA Cup screamer for you.

He is a squad player, a decent squad player. So was Danny Wellbeck and he hasnt done much at Arsenal either> Bar being a dick, I dont think the problem is Lingard in the squad, it is that he is pretty much our STARTING right winger, this is Manchester United we are talking about. Valencia was a better right winger....then go back before that Ronaldo, Beckham, Kanchelskis....he just isnt anywhere near the level of a starting right winger we should be aiming for

Just look at the following you have on your tour compared to say .. Inter Milan.

Yes and Inter Milan are currently awful, what point are you making here?

Slowly introducing some of your younger players, so far it’s working and he’s doing it sensibly with minimal fuss. You can see he has a clear exciting and attacking style he wants to implement. Seems to have dealt with the Pogba situation well and the media in general. He also has a clear idea of the sort of players he needs to sign for that style to complement the existing squad. He hasn’t had a huge meltdown in preseason because he can’t get Maguire!

Is he though? McTominay and Perreira was already playing for Mourinho occasionally. Apart from injuries and suspensions which youngsters was he actually playing? Until the season was over and now this preseason, I only remember Chong (the worst of our youngsters for me) getting game time?

You have a tonne of youth in your team while Young, Jones, Mata and Matic all have vests amount of experience, have all won trophies and all know what it takes to win. We all know that you need that mix of experience, who better as role models for the likes of AWB, McT, Tuanzebe, Gomes etc yes they are approaching the end of their careers, but they have a lot still to give in terms bringing the youngsters through.

We arent just talking about the end of there careers, we are talking about players that havent been good enough for a few years now being given NEW contracts

You’re transfer approach has been scatter gun, because Moyes had no plan b when his unrealistic targets weren’t signed, Van Gaal style was very different he wanted safe possession based players in defence and midfield with creative flair up front hence schneiderlin, blind, ADM and Falcao - this place was over the moon when ADM and Falcao signed, no one saw how that would fail. Mou p,aged a different style again. But Ole and team seem to be getting to grips with that, he’s working with what he’s got and seems to know clearly the players he needs to complement it, there is a clear strategy. You’re transfer season so far has probably been better or at least up there with anyone in the top 6

How is working with players he has got, that 80% of are squad players in ability and 50% of the others have been poor a good thing and how do you say he clearly knows what he needs to complement it when we have only signed two players so far this window?

“Who the feck is Longstaff, only 9 prem starts, no thanks/why didn’t our shit scouts get Maguire when he was at Hull?”

In short, there’s lots to be optimistic about, Ole has even said he knows how to the best out of Sanchez. I’ll believ that when I see it!
I want to see Ole succeed and dont know if it is him or the board, but if the window was to shut now I would predict he will be sacked by Christmas and we are back to square one......there is still LOADS that needs to be done in the transfer market and barely any time to do it. For me there are only two things to be positive about at the moment 1) The signing of Bissaka, player I most wanted 12 months ago 2) having a couple of youngsters in Greenwood and Gomes that genuinely could be big players here, especially Greenwood.....but again and nothing to do with Ole, why has Gomes not been getting any games, its ages ago since he made the stunning cameo appearance for us on his debut

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Do you think we have any chance in getting Poch next summer?
If Ole gets you top 4 this season then I doubt you'll even be looking for a new manager. If he doesn't get top 4 (and United don't win the EL), and if Pochettino wanted to leave Spurs next summer for some reason, then he'd ideally want Real Madrid. If the RM job wasn't available, then tbh I think it'd a take a lot of persuading for him to take on managing a club playing in the EL.

Gehrman

If Ole gets you top 4 this season then I doubt you'll even be looking for a new manager. If he doesn't get top 4 (and United don't win the EL), and if Pochettino wanted to leave Spurs next summer for some reason, then he'd ideally want Real Madrid. If the RM job wasn't available, then tbh I think it'd a take a lot of persuading for him to take on managing a club playing in the EL.
TBH I would be surprised if we made top 4. The end of all last season showcased the lack of progress and lack of hunger and quality of the players.

el3mel

Preseason means nothing, as we have seen under LVG. The start of the season is against Chelsea at OT and Wolves away. The results in these will set the tone for the upcoming season I guess. Get at least 4 points out of them and everyone will be overly positive. Get anything less than that and you won't be able to control the negativity.

DoomSlayer

I'm very positive because of Ole. He has been giving all the right signs, has a clear idea and vision of how to build United back up. But there are other factors that play into that and unfortunately, it might not be all up to him. I'd also say regarding the OP that Lingard is crap.

Wow, how very tolerant of you. :lol: That last statement is particularly "righteous".

romufc

TBH I would be surprised if we made top 4. The end of all last season showcased the lack of progress and lack of hunger and quality of the players.
Surprised? Ole has got a pre season to work with the players, and it is not like they are crap players.

DDG - One of the best keepers in the world
AWB, Lindelof (hopefully Maguire ) Shaw - Young, experienced, quick back 4
McTominay, Pogba, Fred, Perreira - Slightly weak but Pogba is one of the best Midfielders around.
James, Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Mata, Greenwood, Sanchez - Pace, trickery, blend of youth and experience.

This team if got playing well can get 3rd.

Canagel

This is nonsense. If you see something wrong with your team and you critique it it's because you want it to change into something better , not moaning or doom and gloom. It should be OK and normal to be skeptical of things in general and not have blind faith or be scared to say anything even remotely negative because otherwise it makes you a bad fan etc.

We needed at least 5 positions to upgrade before the summer and only 2 have been filled probably 1. We can be cautiously optimistic if we fill even 2 more but until then we should be realistic.
The experience of the aforementioned players in the OP means feck all if they don't set the standard with their quality. Only Mata has quality but he is almost finished and can barely run.

It all depends on what's going to happen in the next weeks and how the season will start.

Last edited:

Gehrman

Surprised? Ole has got a pre season to work with the players, and it is not like they are crap players.

DDG - One of the best keepers in the world
AWB, Lindelof (hopefully Maguire ) Shaw - Young, experienced, quick back 4
McTominay, Pogba, Fred, Perreira - Slightly weak but Pogba is one of the best Midfielders around.
James, Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Mata, Greenwood, Sanchez - Pace, trickery, blend of youth and experience.

This team if got playing well can get 3rd.
Hardly much better than what we had last season. Actually with losing Lukkau and Herrera I'd be hardpressed to say it's better at all. No they are not all totally crap. But they are not really very either. Pogba is one of the best when he's at his best, but he's been inconsistent his entire tenure here. Sanchez, Mata, Young and Lindgaard should hardly be here. Fred is a mystery.

Born2Lose

This preseason has been so much better than last season, watching us go to Bayern and playing park the bus in a friendly is probably the worst thing I've ever seen us do in a preseason.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
We need to ditch some of the older lot and focus on building up the good young players we have, and we have not been able to make much progress moving them on. But it seems this preseason is going waaaay better than last year at least.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Hardly much better than what we had last season. Actually with losing Lukkau and Herrera I'd be hardpressed to say it's better at all. No they are not all totally crap. But they are not really very either. Pogba is one of the best when he's at his best, but he's been inconsistent his entire tenure here. Sanchez, Mata, Young and Lindgaard should hardly be here. Fred is a mystery.
Much depends on the unknown factors. Fred, Greenwood, maybe Tuanzebe, Pereira, McTominay, Gomes, Chong, and will Martial and Rashford get more consistent etc. There is room for improvement there but still many unknowns. Not all of the above will prove good enough.

romufc

Lukaku didnt start games under Ole, even Greenwood is ahead of him in the pecking order.
Sanchez, Mata, Young, Lingard are all squad players, I doubt if they will start all games.
Fred needed time to settle, this season he might be better.
AWB will improve the team more than you think.

Are you saying this squad is not better than Chelsea and Arsenal?

Ekeke

He'd have no chance of getting in the team at Chelsea and at Arsenal they have Iwobi who played better last season, Auba who sometimes plays from wide and Ozil who is also better.

Okay so we can sign the players Inter want. I dont think many players care about how many fans are outside the tour bus over being in the champions league, being a legit contender for top trophies and money.

Agree.

Agree

Maguire didnt play 9 games in the premier league before getting his move. Chris Smalling kinda did because he stayed on loan at Fulham. Smalling was quite cheap, Longstaff doesnt seem to be a cheap pickup.

We need a much better transfer window than the likes of City and Liverpool if we want to catch up with them since we're a lot worse currently.

Wan-Bissaka is a good signing but I think most people would prefer Rodri.

Liverpool havent really done anything yet so sure, we might have gained on them a bit but chances are they will do something before the end of the window.

Spurs signing NDombele, I think a lot of people would have taken that over Wan-Bissaka. I'd have been about the same with either.

Gehrman

Lukaku didnt start games under Ole, even Greenwood is ahead of him in the pecking order.
Sanchez, Mata, Young, Lingard are all squad players, I doubt if they will start all games.
Fred needed time to settle, this season he might be better.
AWB will improve the team more than you think.

Are you saying this squad is not better than Chelsea and Arsenal?
I frankly don't have enough insight into either Chelsea or Arsenal. We were still in relegation form in the end of last season despite having more or less the same squad. I am pessemistic but after 6 years of failure of even being consistent in finiishing top 4, I don't see great progress.

romufc

I frankly don't have enough insight into either Chelsea or Arsenal. We were still in relegation form in the end of last season despite having more or less the same squad. I am pessemistic but after 6 years of failure of even being consistent in finiishing top 4, I don't see great progress.
We were in top 3 form from Dec-May? I am sure you should take a bigger sample? No top 4 is not progress that's why it is the minimum requirement.

Rish Sawhney

I miss the days where league teams would have highly variable results year by year.Newcastle could finish 2nd a season and then come 10th the next or United could finish 13th and then win the title after that. We focus too much on league positions and not on the progression of the team and I think that skews people's perception of how far/close we are. A team that loses all its games by a last minute winner against them but playing exciting football and gets relegated with 0 points is closer to the title than a team finishing 5th with wins against the lower sides but convincing losses against the top 3.

Lentwood

It isn’t how we’ve performed in preseason but the manner in which we have approached it that is a cause of optimism. We pressed the life out of a decent Inter side in conditions that required we had to take drink breaks. I don’t think the players have gotten enough credit for that. We’re seeing more fluidity and a willingness to play out from the back. AWB looks to be an inspirational signing and goes a long way to sorting out our right side.

The youth prospects we’ve been following closely for so long are beginning to display their credentials, with the likes of Greenwood, Tuanzebe and Chong/Gomes looking likely to feature a fair bit this season.

Ole seems to have a real handle on the strengths of these players and where we need to improve. Despite the panic, we aren’t going to fix everything in one season. This is going to take another 2 or 3, but we are moving in the right direction. Even if we don’t sign another player, I expect us to be closer to 3rd than we are 6th and think we will comfortably get top 4 this season.
I do actually agree with all of the above - apart from the comfortable top four finish. I have no issue with people being optimistic as long as it's not unreasonable. My biggest fear is that as soon as we lose a few games the knives will be out for Ole again and undo any positive steps we have taken

ivaldo

I do actually agree with all of the above - apart from the comfortable top four finish. I have no issue with people being optimistic as long as it's not unreasonable. My biggest fear is that as soon as we lose a few games the knives will be out for Ole again and undo any positive steps we have taken
Why is it unreasonable?

Chelsea will start the season with serious injury concerns, they've lost their best player, unable to add to their squad, and they've got a manager with even less experience than our own.

Arsenal have absolutely no money to spend, and with the departure of their best midfielder, and their captain wanting out, they'll likely be weaker than they were this year.

Even Spurs arent nailed on for top 3. Their success in the Champions League masks what was a dodgy league campaign. They lost 12 times in the league last year, and only finished 5 points ahead of us. We didn't win any of our last 5 games. We had what most considered a disastrous campaign and if we hadn't capitulated, we would have likely finished above them. They're still overly reliant on Kane up top, and are worryingly thin in other key areas.

We are going to sign at least 1 more player in a key area. We are going to improve more than any of those sides.

Lentwood

Why is it unreasonable?

Chelsea will start the season with serious injury concerns, they've lost their best player, unable to add to their squad, and they've got a manager with even less experience than our own.

Arsenal have absolutely no money to spend, and with the departure of their best midfielder, and their captain wanting out, they'll likely be weaker than they were this year.

Even Spurs arent nailed on for top 3. Their success in the Champions League masks what was a dodgy league campaign. They lost 12 times in the league last year, and only finished 5 points ahead of us. We didn't win any of our last 5 games. We had what most considered a disastrous campaign and if we hadn't capitulated, we would have likely finished above them. They're still overly reliant on Kane up top, and are worryingly thin in other key areas.

We are going to sign at least 1 more player in a key area. We are going to improve more than any of those sides.
I'm not saying top four is an unreasonable - albeit I think we should approach this season in hope rather than expectation

I am saying that there are/will be fans who lose their patience every time we have a bad result. Next season is hopefully the start of a new direction for the club but it's going to take time

ivaldo

I'm not saying top four is an unreasonable - albeit I think we should approach this season in hope rather than expectation

I am saying that there are/will be fans who lose their patience every time we have a bad result. Next season is hopefully the start of a new direction for the club but it's going to take time
Ah I see. Agreed!

Artimities

I am optimistic about our season.
The preseason has shown us in good shape. We are much faster than last year and our defense has improved with WB. His ability to get back and tackle makes Valencia of 6-7 years ago look subpar.
I see us moving Lukaku (spelling?), and signing HM, and maybe 2 others.
I like Ole, and Mason is a stud in the making that will drive the others to be better...
I say top 3 finish easy and another Europa title.

As for Pogba. I love his game. I think at this point in his career he is not yet ready to be a THE man. He is a complimentary star. The challenge is, can he step up to that next level and be that player. I think he is 2 years away personally but I think we are good enough to show him the way.

Last edited:

Amarsdd

I think the whole gloominess and pessimism also stems from the media/journalist who report on United without really following them. I was just listening to the Football daily podcast with Paul Ince, Hutchinson, Delaney and all they were talking about United was complete bs. One of them was saying United are so desperate to buy a big name that we might buy Bale (we know we have definite change in transfer plan focusing less on big names and more on young players that fits Ole’s style). One was saying we still don’t have any playing style and were plugging square pegs in round hole (anyone who has watched even a half of our preseason game should know we have been implementing a definite plan). One was saying there is still disharmony in the team, another shitting on Ole etc etc. And when they brought in Simon Stone who has been following United during preseason started talking about how we do have a definite game plan now after a long time, how except Lukaku there has been harmony within the team etc they seemed to cut him off.

That is just one example and I have been seeing that a lot in other football related media. So if you follow these like a sheep then obviously everything will seem gloomy and pessimistic. Of course, I’m not saying there are no problems in the club, but there are a lot of things to be positive about the coming season.

WireMUFC

I think the whole gloominess and pessimism also stems from the media/journalist who report on United without really following them. I was just listening to the Football daily podcast with Paul Ince, Hutchinson, Delaney and all they were talking about United was complete bs. One of them was saying United are so desperate to buy a big name that we might buy Bale (we know we have definite change in transfer plan focusing less on big names and more on young players that fits Ole’s style). One was saying we still don’t have any playing style and were plugging square pegs in round hole (anyone who has watched even a half of our preseason game should know we have been implementing a definite plan). One was saying it there is still disharmony in the team, another shitting on Ole etc etc. And when they brought in Simon Stone who has been following United during preseason started talking about how we do have a definite game plan now after a long time, how except Lukaku there has been harmony within the team etc they seemed to cut him off.

That is just one example and I have been seeing that a lot in other football related media. So if you follow these like a sheep then obviously everything will seem gloomy and pessimistic. Of course, I’m not saying there are no problems in the club, but there are a lot of things to be positive about the coming season.
People watch stuff like that and just repeat what they say, they don’t form their own opinion. The doom & gloom people on twitter all repeat the same words as-well it’s so weird.

“Overhyped”
“Overpriced”
“Trash”
“Why would he join us”

They’re like robots. Saying the same things over and over and over agin.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Why is it unreasonable?

Amen to this!