I don't like the way Bruno takes penalties

He’s been very lucky that the last 2 he was able to retake. Certainly shows to guys to do so, but think he needs to rethink his technique. Keepers are now waiting for his feint.

cyberman

He’s been very lucky that the last 2 he was able to retake. Certainly shows to guys to do so, but think he needs to rethink his technique. Keepers are now waiting for his feint.
Cant be waiting that well if they are coming off their line so fast? Theyre just badly placed.
Ill gonthe other way. I think his feint guarentess a respot or hampers the keeper timing.

littlepeasoup

With VAR and keeper encroachment the hop-skip technique Bruno uses has an added benefit of sending keepers off their line too early, before he's even struck the ball. If he scores, great. If the keeper saves it, there's a decent chance he was off his line too early and it'll be retaken.

Santos J

Cant be waiting that well if they are coming off their line so fast? Theyre just badly placed.
Ill gonthe other way. I think his feint guarentess a respot or hampers the keeper timing.
Yeah exactly, Johnstone jumped off his line instead of to the side when Bruno feinted which is what made him able to go back the other way and make the save.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It always feels risky when he does it as you don't get the run up to generate as much pace.
But it's more difficult to read as there's not the obvious shape from the run up that some players have.

Good point from @littlepeasoup about him either scoring or the keeper being tempted to come off the line.

el3mel

He has been a little bit lucky with the retakes his missed pens have been getting recently. This and PSG one he missed first before retake. Beside he also missed against Newcastle.

Time to change things in his run I guess. Still our best player and it's crazy how we're reliant on him.

Sylar

With VAR and keeper encroachment the hop-skip technique Bruno uses has an added benefit of sending keepers off their line too early, before he's even struck the ball. If he scores, great. If the keeper saves it, there's a decent chance he was off his line too early and it'll be retaken.
Agree with this. Would still have him on penalties anyway
I don't trust any other player

Even if Bruno misses you know he has the mentality to take the ball for the next one