I don't like the way Bruno takes penalties

Judas

Open to offers
I don't mean how they approach the ball, they could do a hop skip and a jump if they want(maybe not), but how confident I was they'd score - I don't think i've recovered since Moscow because I didn't fancy any of then bar Ronaldo to score.
He's the one I knew would miss! Soon he stepped up I remember saying to my dad "he's going to fecking miss" :lol:

thepolice123

He's the one I knew would miss! Soon he stepped up I remember saying to my dad "he's going to fecking miss" :lol:
Exactly. :lol:

He completely psyched himself out after the miss at Nou Camp. Anderson's PK was the opposite. I don't think he knew where the ball was going. Even Cech got fooled. :lol:

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Please tell us your opinion on mayonnaise too.
Please do not patronise me - you and a number of others in this thread too.

I have a a right to my opinion like all of you, and i respect those with an educated opinion too, but i stand by what i said and: i don't like the way Bruno takes penalties.
As long as he scores i couldn't give a feck either like everyone else.

TRUERED89

I don't mean how they approach the ball, they could do a hop skip and a jump if they want(maybe not), but how confident I was they'd score - I don't think i've recovered since Moscow because I didn't fancy any of then bar Ronaldo to score.
Yet they all scored apart from Ronaldo, who actually did the stutter before Cech saved it!

Tony247

I have a a right to my opinion like all of you, and i respect those with an educated opinion too, but i stand by what i said and: i don't like the way Bruno takes penalties.
Sure! But is that a subject that deservs its own thread?

Hebrew

I don't know if this has been mentioned already but in his post match stuff on MUTV he said it's not his only penalty technique and he mixes it up to keep goalkeepers guessing. Also, isn't Rashford on pens when fit anyway?

POF

I like the way he takes them.

My favourite part is the way he kicks the ball in the goal.

Nick7

100%. I said to my dad and sister “the fecking bottler is going to miss”. Twenty seconds later I think I shook my whole road shouting “feckING BOTTLER”. It was so obvious he was going to miss.

The Firestarter

Bruno's explanation for his bizarre penalty-taking technique:

"It’s the way I shoot a penalty, it’s where I feel confident," he told BBC Sport. "I do not shoot just that way but it felt the best way today."

Well, that clears that up.

Thanks Bruno.
:lol: Should publish that as a paper.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Sure! But is that a subject that deservs its own thread?
That's not up to you to decide or are you the new Censorship Watchdog here?
Mods are around and they can delete/or not delete the thread if they feel it doesn't deserve it.
My mistake is having posted this thread yesterday when we were/are all euphoric with our win and especially Bruno and this woman comes along and dares to say she doesn't like the way Bruno hits penalty kicks! Horror of horrors!
Dear Mods - you have the powers and you can just delete this thread if you don't like it - i respect you as always. :)

Denis' cuff

Mods are around and they can delete/or not delete the thread if they feel it doesn't deserve it.
My mistake is having posted this thread yesterday when we were/are all euphoric with our win and especially Bruno and this woman comes along and dares to say she doesn't like the way Bruno hits penalty kicks! Horror of horrors!
Dear Mods - you have the powers and you can just delete this thread if you don't like it - i respect you as always. :)
there have been far worse threads but really, it’s his first pen. He scored. He actually said he varies it, depending on the circumstances/goalkeeper. Have you seen his record? Personally, not remotely concerned.

Sometimes we post things in the heat of the moment. A lot of us do. People overreacting. Don’t let it bother you. It’s just forum addicts trying to prove they’re better than you. Just carry on as per.

romufc

Who takes them when Rashford is fit.

I was surprised to see him step up considering Martial takes pens without Rashford.

Seems like he has come in and dislodged everyone from their attacking duties.

Taking free kicks, corners, pens.

The main man for creativity.

Shows the lack of leadership in the team.

Noc-Z

ffs
This is hard to describe but I used to do a similar kinda hop of sorts for free kicks too. But it wasn't about misleading the keeper or anyone else.

It was an energy thing. Imagine the feeling of that energy inside you that you want to unleash. Imagine you are a vessel and that energy is let's say, water. So as you run forward all that water (energy...bear with me ) is thrown to the back of your body. If you were to emergency stop it would all be thrown forward.

So, the "hop" flips the energy - throwing it forward. I didn't even think about it - it was an instinctual feeling.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Reminds me a bit of my first thread during which I swore never to make a thread again. I made a less opinionated (and personal) thread and the first few posts were people telling me it's a shit thread and that I was a special snowflake.

The easiest way is just to stop replying and let the thread die and you'll forget about it in a few days. Don't worry. :angel:
Happens to a good forum like RedCafe, there are a lot of elitists here.

Schmeichel=God

Mighty England and their smashing PKs.

Before 2018 only won one PK shootout in more than two decades. Coincidentally they lost twice against the "South Americans" Portugal and once against the Argies. :lol:
Well and truly caught and called out.

But how dare Shearer and Scholes take penalty kicks like that.

I am aware Bruno is Portuguese by the way.

Can7onA

If he sticks every one in, I don't care if he rolls them in with his arse.

Schmeichel=God

Yeah, I'm furious he scored a penalty for us. I couldn't care less if he thwacked it in with his dick, or turned around and blew it in with a huge fart.
I mean, there's plenty to moan about, but a guy's penalty technique? Jeeeeez!
:lol:

Tony247

Oh absolutely not. Nothing of that sort I meant. Sometimes you can't write your body language or tone. I wrote that with polite intention. What I meant was (and from my experience) that sometimes threads like this subject don't get the type of debate one might have intended.

romufc

Just shows the level of composure when you can take a penalty like that.

Hazard does similar without the jump but always waits until the keeper makes his move and slots into the empty side.

It takes a lot of nerve to take it like that for your first goal too.

Snuffkin

Jorginho used to do it for Chelsea he scored 20 out of 21 pens.

Rolaholic

I thought it was pretty neat to be honest, the fact that he put past the keeper so calmly as well doesn't hurt.

He had an outstanding record from the spot in Portugal so I wouldn't mind keeping him on penalties with Rashford out

Maccataq

Jorginho used to do it for Chelsea he scored 20 out of 21 pens.
I was just reading about this and one of the key components of his success is that he always hits the target and always strikes low to one side . The one he missed, he also scored the rebound on. In shootouts, his record is 4 from 6.

I suppose the worry is that keepers know how they are going to take it and may look to adjust their approach but conversion rates suggest that it isn't a problem. The reason Cantona was so good was that he made his mind up at the last moment and he barely even had to make any movements to fool the keeper. It's very hard for the keeper to save if they have to react to the penalty as it puts them at a disadvantage to react quickly and even harder if they try to guess as this plays into the taker's hands.

croadyman

If you have read his quotes to the BBC after the game it sounds like how he takes it depends on how he feels on the day

Reynoldo

You gotta love the caf, precog moaning about missed penalties that haven't happened yet.

RedCurry

There's only two ways to take a penalty in my opinion. a) Either smash it hard into the corner like Vardy, Kane, Milner or b) consistently send keeper the wrong way like Hazard, Lewa, Balotelli, Jorginho. Bruno seems to belong to category (b) and I am satisfied with it.