I don't like the way Bruno takes penalties

Number32

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
"When the ball is kicked" means GK have to wait until the kicker touch the ball.

He clearly off the line before the ball is kicked.
Isn’t it just one foot that has to be on the line when the ball is struck? That seems to be what harms has quoted from the FA?

It looks like what you quoted is to limit the GK’s movements pre-ball strike so as not to try to intimidate the penalty taker / alter the goal itself. The later phrase that harms quotes specifically governs what part of the GK needs to still be on the line when the ball is struck. Seems pretty clear.

Johnson Yip

Everything has to have an end - so I'm delighted that Bruno's perfect record was broken on the night when he redeemed himself by scoring a beauty and guided us to a crucial win. Let's move on!

POF

Everything has to have an end - so I'm delighted that Bruno's perfect record was broken on the night when he redeemed himself by scoring a beauty and guided us to a crucial win. Let's move on!
That just sums the guy up. Disallowed goal and missed penalty after a really difficult couple of weeks. Yet, when the pressure was on, he was the one to score the crucial goal.

What an absolutely brilliant finish it was. He's a class act.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I hope we're gunna write to the FA and ask them to explain why the pen didn't need to be retaken because the keeper was off his line.

El Zoido

It wasn’t the worst penalty yesterday. Keeper’s height though, makes it a bit easier if he guesses the right way. But the pace was fine. Take enough penalties and you’ll miss eventually.

Josep Dowling

Missed one penalty in how many? I couldn’t care if he hop, skipped, jump and did a backflip. If he puts it in the net who actually cares?

Judas

Open to offers
Very strange run up, I hate a short one like that never confident. Don't care he missed one in those circumstances, more than made up for it, and I'd still back him to score his next ten.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
According to Transfermarkt, which includes high profile youth games, Bruno has scored 30 and missed 3 penalties, at a 90.9% conversion rate. Weirdly, there's a lot of people saying he last missed in 2016, but he actually missed one in October 2018 in the Portuguese Cup.

Rashford is our second most reliable taker at 13-2 for an 86.7% conversion rate

Red00012

"When the ball is kicked" means GK have to wait until the kicker touch the ball.

He clearly off the line before the ball is kicked.
He’s not though he only needs to have one foot on the line which he had. End of discussion

Red00012

I don’t like short run ups for pens.

Anyways he’ll get the next one

matt10000

ERIC CANTONA - 14 out of 16 (87.5%)
CRISTIANO RONALDO - 11 out of 13 (84.6%)
RUUD VAN NISTELROOY - 18 out of 22 (81.8%)
DENIS IRWIN - 7 out of 9 (77.8%)
ROBIN VAN PERSIE - 6 out of 8 (75%)
WAYNE ROONEY - 20 out of 28 (71.4%)

Bruno has scored 10 out of 11 which is a conversion rate of 91% better than all of the above currently

Long may it continue

SER19

:lol: this thread being bumped.

It's like making a 'I don't like Ferguson as a Premier league manager' thread then revisiting it when he doesn't win a league.

He's scored 19 from 20.

matt10000

ERIC CANTONA - 14 out of 16 (87.5%)
CRISTIANO RONALDO - 11 out of 13 (84.6%)
RUUD VAN NISTELROOY - 18 out of 22 (81.8%)
DENIS IRWIN - 7 out of 9 (77.8%)
ROBIN VAN PERSIE - 6 out of 8 (75%)
WAYNE ROONEY - 20 out of 28 (71.4%)

Bruno has scored 10 out of 11 which is a conversion rate of 91% better than all of the above currently

Long may it continue
Fernandes has taken 33 penalties during his professional career. The midfielder has scored 30 of them, giving him a success rate of 91 per cent

10 out of 11 for utd is alao 91% so it is consistent with rest of his career.

I would take that conversion rate going forward

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
:lol: this thread being bumped.

It's like making a 'I don't like Ferguson as a Premier league manager' thread then revisiting it when he doesn't win a league.

He's scored 19 from 20.
This thread was bumped with a criticism towards the thread’s premise, not towards Bruno.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
According to Transfermarkt, which includes high profile youth games, Bruno has scored 30 and missed 3 penalties, at a 90.9% conversion rate. Weirdly, there's a lot of people saying he last missed in 2016, but he actually missed one in October 2018 in the Portuguese Cup.

Rashford is our second most reliable taker at 13-2 for an 86.7% conversion rate
31-3 now. Never in doubt.

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
Never been a fan of any sort of fancy run up on pens, always feel they are quite predictable with the way they open their body up.

ROFLUTION

Strange thought but does the little hop Bruno does, sometimes make the keeper go a split-second before he shoots? (Making VAR more likely)

Must be a bit annoying for a goalkeeper, that you need to hold yourself back a tad bit, because of the hop. If he scores, there's no VAR, so is this the way of taking penalties in the future? Quick run up, hop, shoot with speed.

Skills

Snitch
Strange thought but does the little hop Bruno does, sometimes make the keeper go a split-second before he shoots? (Making VAR more likely)

Must be a bit annoying for a goalkeeper, that you need to hold yourself back a tad bit, because of the hop. If he scores, there's no VAR, so is this the way of taking penalties in the future? Quick run up, hop, shoot with speed.
Yeah that's the entire point of it. But it's not really to take advantage of a re-take - he's just trying to get the keeper to commit before he hits the ball.

When it goes well, the keeper just gets stranded in the middle. The keepers trying to time his spring the moment the penalty taker strikes the ball, so the unusual run up puts off quite a few of them.

Dr. StrangeHate

He's going to get in double digits in goals for us this season from penalties alone.
Not if he misses another and Telles steps up. Telles seems to be much cleaner in his penalty hits (from admittedly his youtube videos).

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Not if he misses another and Telles steps up. Telles seems to be much cleaner in his penalty hits (from admittedly his youtube videos).
Telles’ record is comfortably worse. If Bruno suffers a drop in confidence, it will likely be Rashford next.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Telles has missed more penalties in his career than Bruno has despite taking lesser attempts.

Bruno's 11/12 for us ffs, as long as he's on the pitch nobody should be taking a penalty over him unless they're on a hat trick in a game that's already won.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Bruno is now 32-3, yet his last three pens have been:

Miss
Goal, after miss retaken
Goal, after miss retaken

I think I’d like Rashford to have the next. Bruno’s confidence strangely seems to be gone.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Bruno is now 32-3, yet his last three pens have been:

Miss
Goal, after miss retaken
Goal, after miss retaken

I think I’d like Rashford to have the next. Bruno’s confidence strangely seems to be gone.
Surely that shows keepers have to cheat to save them?