I feel no connection to these Utd players

OldPop

A lot are likable enough IMO. A vocal minority I'd say are the unlikable ones.
Not all as starters, but in various roles as squad players, some as starters, some as future starters, and so on. Fill in the gaps with new signings.
Your post sums up the situation very well, then we can always discuss the names, at least some of them, but do not get so much wiser for it. The mindset is completely correct and builds on realism, really likes it.

What is the chance that we will ever have brilliant stars in every position including substitutes? Zero. Nevertheless, I get the feeling that some think it's the only thing that suits MU. It's a bit of a pity because it's completely unrealistic. Neither does anyone else have it and it is not necessary to compete for top positions.

Web of Bissaka

1. Connection with players have ups and downs, always changing.
eg. admittedly I used to have full best connections with both Becks and Ronaldo, initially my top two most favourites, but gradually as I ages, the connections are dropping, still connected but just not that much, and then I feel connected more to let's say Scholes and Carrick.

2. How much do you feel connected to players is not the same as likability -- how much do you like the players, although the two variables can affects each other.
eg. honestly I just don't feel connected to Mata ever since the Moyes era, but I do like Juan Mata, likeable character and imo perfect ambassador candidate for the club.

3. Obviously, it varies, every fans will connect to players differently.
eg. Pogba fans will love Paul, and Martial FC will glorify Anthony.

4. From how I see it, there are different levels of connection, with "doubts" (literally doubts/suspicions and other feelings/perspectives) affects the connection.
The ones I care,
Full connection, zero doubts: Herrera, De Gea, Rashford.
High connection, little doubts: Dalot, McTominay, Darmian (yeah, he's limited, but not a bad squad player, tend to give it his all, just not that good).
Some connection, some doubts: Martial, Pogba, Matic, Pereira, Fred, Shaw, Lindelof, Bailly.
Few connection, big doubts: Sanchez, Rojo, Romero, Grant.

The many I just don't care or no longer cares,
Zero connection: Lukaku, Lingard, Mata, Fellaini, Valencia, Young, Jones, Smalling.

---

:nervous: Then again, what is this 'connection' ?
I think it's more to how much you care about the players.

beedoubleyou

Weird how I found myself so close to the great sides but indifferent to the struggling players. I'm sure there's a name for this...

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
I've always seen this thread and thought, nah. I'm slightly ashamed to say I'm starting to feel it now.

If we could have a new team tomorrow there's only a handful of players I'd be interested in keeping. The players who play for the badge every time they step out, Rashford, Herrera, Young, DDG, Shaw. It's quite depressing.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I have felt this for a while now , I have not seen a single game for 3 weeks now and even when I have time I genuinely can't be arsed

Stretfordender

They feel no connection to us either, simply going through the motions week after week picking up a pay cheque. Tbh though what do supporters expect the place is toxic and rotten to the core..

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I have not watched a game for 90 mins this season, I have skipped over half of our games in the last two months.
I have mentality checked out. I feel bad for saying it but it's how I feel.
It feels like a loved one in the last stages of cancer. You're just waiting for the loved one to die.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Now I’m travelling Australia I’ve absolutely no interest anymore Now I just wake up in a morning look at our result see the same old same old and couldn’t care less about it. At home I idiotically watched even though I knew I’d be annoyed and angry at the many trash overpaid players we have.

It’s a great feeling to not care tbh. Btw anybody that isn’t on uk time that actually gets up to watch us in the early hours of the morning then fair-feckin-play to you but I certainly won’t be doing it.

red4ever 79

I was looking exactly for this thread today. This sums up exactly how I feel. I dont want us to sign anymore players. I want half of the dross to be shown the door. This includes the Manager, Valencia, Young, Rojo, Darmian, Jones, Fellaini, Lukaku and Sanchez. I want us to appoint a young coach who will encourage attacking football and I want the players to actually show some balls some passion and play for the badge that they wear