I just took a look at the table...

always_hoping

This thread made me think about the league table since the return of football in June (17 June - 4 December).

We'd be at the top (winning our game in hand), but look how poor our home form is (and how amazing the away one is) - we seem to be affected most by no fans at home, but we take advantage of that away from Old Trafford.

Weird and makes me only dreaming how beatuiful it would have been, hadn't we lost some of the games at home.

That makes for some very interesting reading.

K Stand Knut

We’re the richest club in the world. There should be nothing holding us back from a title challenge.

Manchester United supporters are entitled to expect that with all the resources at the club’s disposal we are sufficiently competitive.

If everyone at the club is doing their jobs correctly then United will always make a title challenge. Anything less is sub-standard and the fans shouldn’t be expected to simply accept that. A failure to challenge is now the norm which should not need to be the case.

I think you have misjudged my post.
Based on your response, I think I might have misunderstood your post entirely.

Yes, a club of our size, stature and financial status should be able to mount a title challenge IF everyone did their jobs properly.

Unfortunately, that’s where the expectation should end because there is too much not being done properly by the club

lex talionis

If our young forwards can find consistent form -- not career peak form, just consistent productivity form -- we're in the driver's seat against most opponents. Defending is still an issue, but it's solid enough to hold most opponents under two goals (set pieces are still an issue), but our finishing needs to improve for us to collect three points on a regular basis.

Gator Nate

After 10 matches last year, 13 points, 7th place.
After 10 matches this year, 19 points, 5th place. Oh, and the four teams ahead have played 11 matches. (Yeah, Southampton could knock us to sixth on a win in their 11th match.)

Last edited: