Film I love Rocky 4.

Spoony

The People's President
Is by all means an awful film but it's also fantastic. I love Rocky 4. Is it the soundtrack? The training? Machismo? Why do I like it? Why????

fergies coat

Great music for a gym work out, especially there's no easy way out. It reminds me of Apollo dying, so I push extra hard so I can go and avenge his death or something.

padzilla

Hipster
Has anyone watched the new director's cut of Rocky IV, is it much different from the original?

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Has anyone watched the new director's cut of Rocky IV, is it much different from the original?

Yeah, it is ok if you’re a fan of Rocky, with a lot more lines from Drago. I wouldn’t watch it again, but I could watch Rocky 4 over and over again though.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Rocky 4 tips slightly too far into cartoon for my taste. The original is far and away the best and then they gradually decline, but it's Rocky innit. I'll watch them all at least a dozen more times in my lifetime I'm sure.

JoaquinJoaquin

I love the Rocky films, and they certainly helped me get through a tough time in my life over the past year or so.

I think Rocky 4 is probably the second best movie after Rocky 1. 'Rocky Balboa' is actually a bit of an underrated gem, and Creed 1 is excellent.

If I was to rank them:

1) Rocky
2) Rocky 4
3) Creed
4) Rocky 3
5) Rocky Balboa
6) Rocky 2
7) Creed 2
8) Rocky 5

Spoony

The People's President
Rocky 4 tips slightly too far into cartoon for my taste. The original is far and away the best and then they gradually decline, but it's Rocky innit. I'll watch them all at least a dozen more times in my lifetime I'm sure.

The first is a proper film. It's genuinely great. The others as you say are cartoony...but yeah it's Rocky. It's boxing. It's machismo.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
The first is a proper film. It's genuinely great. The others as you say are cartoony...but yeah it's Rocky. It's boxing. It's machismo.
I recently rewatched the original and it truly is a fantastic film. Fully deserving of the best picture academy award.

1970’s Philadelphia just feels so dirty and grimy and real.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Its a weird one. I liked it but I’ve seen the original version so many times that it just didn’t feel right.

It felt like I was watching a remake but with all of the original cast. Well worth a watch if you are a fan.

Ixion

I rewatched all of these and Creed 1/2 with my GF recently as she'd never seen them and surprisingly she really liked V. I had warned her about it and said it could be skipped but she really enjoyed it.

IV is probably my personal favourite even if not the best made, the Director's Cut is OK. There are some very nice additions near the start, some extended scenes with Apollo, Adrian, the build up to the first fight etc. There's some strange changes though, the beginning recap of III is too long and the end to the Drago fight and the post match stuff is very subdued compared to the original and the music changes are odd.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Rocky 3 is better. So is 6, and of course the first one.

First Creed is better, as well.

@Spoony I would recommend the directors cut. It had mixed reviews but I think it improves on the OG.

pauldyson1uk

I love the Rocky films, and they certainly helped me get through a tough time in my life over the past year or so.

I think Rocky 4 is probably the second best movie after Rocky 1. 'Rocky Balboa' is actually a bit of an underrated gem, and Creed 1 is excellent.

If I was to rank them:

1) Rocky
2) Rocky 4
3) Creed
4) Rocky 3
5) Rocky Balboa
6) Rocky 2
7) Creed 2
8) Rocky 5
This is about right for me.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This is actually tricky one. Rocky is one of the few classics to have so many good sequels to choose from. I guess whatever the chapter you choose to be your favoirite, it's still a win situation.

Mr T fits the Rocky universe probably more than his comedy display in A-Team series.