I see the 'ABU' Media are back in full voice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Fink

You should really stop whinging about it. It’s been around for years. A fundamental part of being a Utd fan is us collective, against the world. I love it being honest. As we are getting better, the pundits all start to show their true colours. A fair amount are players from an era when we were the best and team to beat, hence their dislike of us.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Either this man is off the reserve of he's so desperate for social media interactions and engagements that he doesn't mind looking deranged.
He's a wind up merchant

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Either this man is off the reserve of he's so desperate for social media interactions and engagements that he doesn't mind looking deranged.
The replies are brutal :lol:

sect2k

Is Dermot Gallagher mentally handicapped or just the most sad pathetic ABU around?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...t-wrong-at-old-trafford-says-dermot-gallagher

Luiz is a sending off, but Bednarek is not a penalty? Same shit, neither a penalty for me, but show some consistency. Also, Adams goal should have stood, because nobody would have minded if they just let it stand? Seriously, how was this guy ever a professional referee?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I can see why people think Martial's was not a penalty, he was going down before the contact and it was minimal contact. Not every contact is a foul and all that. But why is it getting so much attention when the game was already done?

Barely a word on game changing decisions like against Sheffield United.

Also these pundits talked about whether Cavani's was a penalty, wonder why no one talked about why ref didn't play advantage.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Is Dermot Gallagher mentally handicapped or just the most sad pathetic ABU around?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...t-wrong-at-old-trafford-says-dermot-gallagher

Luiz is a sending off, but Bednarek is not a penalty? Same shit, neither a penalty for me, but show some consistency. Also, Adams goal should have stood, because nobody would have minded if they just let it stand? Seriously, how was this guy ever a professional referee?
So last week against Sheff United a game shown on Skysports they don’t wheel out the ex ref to discuss dubious decisions......this week a game on BT Sport and they wheel him out?

Funny how they ask the ref only about decisions that went against Southampton?

JustinC00

BT starting the post-match of a 9-0 game talking about refs bad decisions when the first red card was a clear red and the 2nd happened in the 86th minute when it was 6-0. To spin it like we only won because we got a gift penalty up 6-0 is peak ABU because that red was a clear red so they don't get to whine about it. How about getting on the player for being reckless in the 2nd minute? Nah let's just continue the "United is helped by bad ref decisions" narrative. Don't even get me started on them framing Adams goal being ruled offside killed any comeback, it was 4-0 at that point. We scored 2 more before the 2nd sending off and I don't even recall them getting off a shot that made De Gea even move after their goal was ruled out. They had 3 shots, 1 on goal the whole match.

Did the media complain about how Sheffield got 2 gifted goals and how we got robbed of 1? No of course not

Last edited:

DavidDeSchmikes

Southampton were losing 6-0 at the time. You'd think we've robbed them with a 1-0 win in the 100th minute.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Southampton were losing 6-0 at the time. You'd think we've robbed them with a 1-0 win in the 100th minute.

I've seen this said a few times today, that the monitor only showed Mike Dean still images and not the replay of the foul on Martial, and people seem to be believing it, including now an actual professional broadcaster like Richard Keys.

Any one who watched the game could see Mike Dean watching replays on the monitor.

Flexdegea

This is brilliant.

Sickening the penalty to make it 7 nil killed the game off.......outrageous stuff

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

6-0 and clear penalty denied. Anyways Keys is a WUM, he says most of the things to get reaction.

romufc

Definitely handicapped. They were identical scenarios, how can an ex ref reviewing it after come up with that? Its comical really.

The comment about nobody would have minded really irks me, we lost a league title once because of goal difference, so yes it does make a difference.

Just because a team is 4-0 up, doesn't mean you can get a decision wrong. Offside decisions, its 2 lines, if one is ahead its offside, is he saying benefit of the doubt? If thats the case, teams being 0-0 would be asking for the same?

Surely the rules shouldnt change depending on the scoreline.

Amarsdd

He must have been so incensed about the two ref/VAR decisions against us vs Sheffield United that had a direct impact on the result. Please share those tweets as well ...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Keys is a nob but I completely agree with him about listening to the VAR debate. There needs to be far, far more transparency and accountability when it comes to football.

Footballers need to be banned from swearing, then the referee can be hooked up to a broadcast microphone. VAR need to give a clear explanation of their decisions even (especially) if it’s just “we couldn’t be sure enough of our decision to overrule the referee” and their needs to be a report publicly available after each match which explains key decisions. On the one hand it will help educate fans, on the other it will force referees to be more analytical of their own performances and encourage them to improve their performances.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Pretty good for a team which wins only because of Penalties and VAR

CamsUnited

I make a point of reading ref watch after each game. Every single time on the offside’s, Gallagher has said “ It’s offside, it can’t be anything else, the lines are the lines “

Well every time apart from last nights, wonder why!

ColvaleGoa

Why always Us?

Majority of The do called Pundits are absolutely livid with what's going on at United. Are they worried we have turned a corner ? Do they sense we might not be all bluster after 7 years of ridicule?

I am yet to hear any non United pundit be genuinely happy about the progress Ole has brought about..Let's hope our upward curve continues .

lsd

The Oracle

I know he is an idiot but i did notice when Mike Deen was looking at the penalty decision the picture seemed frozen for ages

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Anyone seen the Paddy Power advert with Crouch about us getting penalties? No wonder the refs are giving us feck all lately.

Coops73

Is anyone watching the Villa/West Hame game? Listening to Hoddle and the other guy you’d think that United had treated Lingard like a piece of shit, like Ole had frozen him out of the team out of spite, it’s fecking ridiculous. Don’t get me wrong he’s had a good game, MOTM but you’d think we’ve done wrong by him.

acnumber9

The monitor did seem to stop working, in fairness. Dean wanted to take further looks at it but it was frozen.
They froze it to see how far Martial was from the ball to determine if it was a goal scoring chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.