I see the 'ABU' Media are back in full voice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

suheilsworld

Keys in beIN sports has to be the epitome of ABU. Unreal hate for United.
Absolutely detest him and Gray over at BeIN sports. That’s the only alternative for us, seeing him spout his vile negativity for us is such a pain. Used to love watching match day program, but bein sports ruined it for me

stevoc

Anyone seen the Paddy Power advert with Crouch about us getting penalties? No wonder the refs are giving us feck all lately.
Seen that might seem harmless but the club should complain. These things can affect referees judgement even if they would never admit it.

Amarsdd

Now imagine United asked for what Southampton asked. The meltdown would be massive. These cnuts like Simon Jordan would be shouting for United to kicked out of the PL.

OT1214

Absolutely detest him and Gray over at BeIN sports. That’s the only alternative for us, seeing him spout his vile negativity for us is such a pain. Used to love watching match day program, but bein sports ruined it for me
Gray is better I think. At least tries to talk football when given the opportunity. Keys is unbearable. Man doesn't know what comes out of his mouth. I stopped watching their match day program.

Haddock

Facht: Jim Beglin's tears are the true source of the Dead Sea, not the river Jordan.

Red & White

One thing that I always find odd, and I have to remind my ABU mates about it all the time. Oppo fans and the media always going on about us getting more VAR decisions, so what does that actually mean? It means refs, initially, aren’t giving us the decisions we should have in matches and it takes VAR to come in and correct them. So refs are giving us less correct decisions initially. Some people can’t see the flip side to this and it always makes me laugh.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Seen that might seem harmless but the club should complain. These things can affect referees judgement even if they would never admit it.
It’s ridiculous! These things matter, whether it’s a small unconscious way or not. It’s not even true, it’s so infuriating.

Real Name

The fact they talk so much about us and when we win try to find things, even the smallest, to knock us out says a lot.

Love that Simon Jordan salty tears too. What a plonker. :lol:

Last edited:

croadyman

I had to laugh at The Sun's goals pull out today where they had a report on the West Ham game having a pop at Ole for not using Jesse but then later on an article about Shaw which described his management of him as canny

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
It was exactly the same when Chelsea came for a 0-0 at Old Trafford. All we heard from the media afterwards was that Man Utd weren't imposing enough, should've taken the game to Chelsea. Whereas Lampard was gee'd up for fixing Chelsea's leaky defence and bringing in the experience of Thiago Silva to shut us down.

On the subject of Lampard, even now Simon Jordan is claiming Lampard is a better coach than Ole:

They've just gone all in on the PE teacher, Utd are inconsistent narrative, that they can't give us any credit for anything.
Sacked 5 days later.

Mind you, Simon Jordan is an absolute cretin who loves the sound of his own voice despite sounding like an absolute cretin.

Josep Dowling

Reading the comments on the BBC articles this morning, it's all hanging on the penalty and that Southampton have been "done". There's no mention that it was 6-0 at the point in which that happened. Do they think the 7th goal unjustly killed the game, and they were ripe for pulling 6 back with 20 minutes to go?
The BBC comment section on any United game is just ridiculous. If United win it’s always the referee that has given us the win. If we lose the number of comments doubles and most comments go on about how horrible United fans are.

wolvored

What happened to the rule clear daylight then you offside . They need to go back to that. As for the pen if after the game it's looked at again and there is no contact the diver should get a red card. A yellow won't stamp it out, but a straight red would.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The BBC comment section on any United game is just ridiculous. If United win it’s always the referee that has given us the win. If we lose the number of comments doubles and most comments go on about how horrible United fans are.
Truth. I have a scan of comments now and again, it seems like I rarely see United fans in there. It seems to be mostly Liverpool fans doing exactly as you described.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
What happened to the rule clear daylight then you offside . They need to go back to that. As for the pen if after the game it's looked at again and there is no contact the diver should get a red card. A yellow won't stamp it out, but a straight red would.
I agree. Harsher penalties for diving are needed. Anyone with sense has been saying this for years. A booking isn't enough of a deterrent. The potential reward outweighs the risk. A straight 3 match ban is going to put anyone off even trying.

In fact, wasn't there a panel that decided on retrospective action on diving? What happened to that? It seemed like hardly any one was pulled up on it in the first instance, and then it hasn't been heard of again. Surely Martial would be in line to be punished, given that he won the penalty and now the red card for that incident has been rescinded?

Redlyn

Surely Martial would be in line to be punished, given that he won the penalty and now the red card for that incident has been rescinded?
Maybe they felt the red card was harsh but since there was contact they can't outright book him for diving.

cyberman

That was never a rule?

sparx99

One thing that I always find odd, and I have to remind my ABU mates about it all the time. Oppo fans and the media always going on about us getting more VAR decisions, so what does that actually mean? It means refs, initially, aren’t giving us the decisions we should have in matches and it takes VAR to come in and correct them. So refs are giving us less correct decisions initially. Some people can’t see the flip side to this and it always makes me laugh.
That’s actually a great retort. I’m stealing it!

sparx99

I agree. Harsher penalties for diving are needed. Anyone with sense has been saying this for years. A booking isn't enough of a deterrent. The potential reward outweighs the risk. A straight 3 match ban is going to put anyone off even trying.

In fact, wasn't there a panel that decided on retrospective action on diving? What happened to that? It seemed like hardly any one was pulled up on it in the first instance, and then it hasn't been heard of again. Surely Martial would be in line to be punished, given that he won the penalty and now the red card for that incident has been rescinded?
I like the rule in Ice Hockey of ‘Embellishment’. So somebody hits you with their stick and you oversell it you can be punished as well. Sometimes diving is not a full dive but an exaggeration because refs don’t give fouls unless players go down.

You could have a free kick given and a yellow for the defender and maybe a yellow for exaggeration. All those Neymar rolls etc could be eliminated. No screaming.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Great point.

YAMS49

They would no doubt come back with something along the lines of 'Well you paid off all the refs under Ferguson & you can't do that anymore without him so instead you've paid the VAR people instead'.

Remember, they are crazy people.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
United are a gravy train for these companies. Best ignored.

Last edited:

Fingeredmouse

Great point.
It is but it doesn't work. You see, VAR is there as a safe guard to ensure we get our decisions except in the cases where the decisions go against us which is, of course, just to give the corrupt scam a veneer of plausability.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Stepping back and judging Ole without my red-tinted specs, what is it about our Norwegian manager that gets under the skin of so many pundits and journos out there ?
They seem to have genuine utter contempt for the guy.

romufc

Stepping back and judging Ole without my red-tinted specs, what is it about our Norwegian manager that gets under the skin of so many pundits and journos out there ?
I think alot of them are jealous. Only the ex United players who played with him are out there defending him, everyone else wants him to fail.

Which is the reason, if he wins something, it would be one of the sweetest achievements.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I don’t get this either.

Solskjaer is among the most inoffensive guys in football. He literally has no controversies to speak of either as a player or manager. It’s favourable coverage he should be getting, if anything. Absolute weapons such as Klopp get far more preferential treatment despite behaving like a baboon on the touchline practically every matchday.

It’s completely bizarre.

NFM

He doesn't give them easy copy. He isn't 'one of them'. He isn't failing. And none of them tipped him to succeed, so they have no reflected glory. But most of all , they are London based, don't want United to recover from mediocracy .

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The seeds of doubt over Ole's credentials were instantly put in doubt the moment he stepped into the managers role. Paul Ince with the 'anyone could do what he has done' set the narrative.

Since then there's a sense from certain outlets that Ole is simply winging-it.

Last edited:

rotherham_red

Ole got the most stick from the media when he was getting the most stick from Utd fans. I don't really feel there's an agenda against him.
Then where are the apologetic pieces saying, I was wrong, like we've seen on the caf and in some pretty sizeable sections of the fanbase? I've still to see them myself IMO.

Wilson and some glorified blogger from Goal have said that any success Ole gets is because of Covid (which is patently bollocks). Storey has been MIA on Ole and Utd since November, and Michael Cox of Zonal Marking is still beating the drum that we're a basic side. The only one who I have seen has at least made some effort to to have an introspective is Miguel Delaney, and even that was half arsed and not really anywhere near an apology.

And that is just the supposedly serious and high brow football journalists, let alone the bottom feeders of TalkSport.

hubbuh

You gotta wonder.

Soton thinks the refs are against them
We think we're hated by the refs
The pool think the whole world is run by fergie

Sometimes you wonder what's what and who's who
United is great, scousers are cnuts. Sorted!

romufc

The seeds of doubt over Ole's credentials were instantly put in doubt the moment he stepped into the managers role. Paul Ince with the 'anyone could do what he has done' set the narrative.

Since then there's a sense from certain outlets that Ole is simply winging-it.
Yep, I don't get that. When was the last time a team that was in 6th, complete dissaray, players all demotivated, changed manager and winged it to near the top?

Paul Ince is hating because he didn't get offered the job.

Why don't other teams hire random managers and wing it then?

ColvaleGoa

Like some posters said above, all pundits expected him to fail miserably once the new manager bounce had worn off. Now that we seem to be doing better it just grates them and hence all the hate.

Also when there is constant agenda that Lampard/Arteta are God's gift to management , it filters down to our fanbase who can't see the job Ole is doing. I think also negative articles on United generate a lot of clicks, so better stick to that agenda.

I just can't understand the impatience with Ole when there are some mistakes but everyone else is brushed under the carpet. Simon Jordan going on about Ole never going to win anything, Talkshite saying there was no contact for Martial's Penalty etc just pushes the issue.

We desperately need Ole to win something .

MattyLT

You gotta wonder.

Soton thinks the refs are against them
We think we're hated by the refs
The pool think the whole world is run by fergie

Sometimes you wonder what's what and who's who
Confirmation bias is the name of the game.

GoldTrafford99

Most of them have said too early that Ole wasn't the right man for Manchester United, and that he had nothing about him.

Now that he's proving them wrong, they can't hack it.

Same can be said for a lot of Manchester United 'supporters' around this neck of the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.