I see the 'ABU' Media are back in full voice...

Mainoldo

Thank god we have ABU’s in the media. Otherwise you’d actually think we are doing alright :lol:

sugar_kane

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...jadon-sancho-not-cristiano-ronaldo-villarreal

Writing critical articles about United has probably become a bit too easy in the last couple of months, so pseuds like Jonathan Liew have turned to having a go at our fans singing songs about George Best? Tit.

Genuinely wonder if writers like this are even football fans or just academics who wanted to get into broadsheet journalism but weren't good enough to write on the big topics and had to settle for sport instead.

Bestietom

I wish someone would wipe the smile off Carragher's (Spit) face. There were people sacked from Sky for less than he done.
One Premiership in 30 years and they are looking down on everyone else. Fooking Dippers.

Champ

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...jadon-sancho-not-cristiano-ronaldo-villarreal

Writing critical articles about United has probably become a bit too easy in the last couple of months, so pseuds like Jonathan Liew have turned to having a go at our fans singing songs about George Best? Tit.

Genuinely wonder if writers like this are even football fans or just academics who wanted to get into broadsheet journalism but weren't good enough to write on the big topics and had to settle for sport instead.
Jesus, that's a hack piece if ever I had the displeasure of reading one.

The fact that he states the Villarreal GK played the ball straight to Fred just highlights how much of the game he actually took in.
If you can't get the facts right, your words mean very little.
It's called a high press, I would have thought a journalist could tell the difference between a tackle and the ball being played to a United player, obviously not!!

Ayoba

I wish someone would wipe the smile off Carragher's (Spit) face. There were people sacked from Sky for less than he done.
One Premiership in 30 years and they are looking down on everyone else. Fooking Dippers.
Sadly for us, they're top dog now along with City. After years of oppression under Fergie, its their turn in the limelight and our turn in the doldrums - i'd be giddy too if I were him.

Idxomer

He's pretentious but I don't think he was necessarily having a go at the fans, a bit of a nothing article really.

Bestietom

Sadly for us, they're top dog now along with City. After years of oppression under Fergie, its their turn in the limelight and our turn in the doldrums - i'd be giddy too if I were him.
We won 13 premierships in Fergie's reign which gave us more right to gloat than them, with only one premiership.

sugar_kane

He's pretentious but I don't think he was necessarily having a go at the fans, a bit of a nothing article really.
I'll be honest, I barely read past the George Best thing. I've read plenty of his articles before though, so know the drill.

The Best thing may seem innocuous but it fits the pattern of all the recent Guardian articles by the likes of Barney Ronay & Jonathan Wilson, and Liew's own - ie. United are a club who have become a tribute act to the past.

That may be the case, but Liew has got over eager here and shown his lack of understanding of football culture. Buying back Ronaldo or having Ole is one thing, but singing about club legends is part of our club's culture and has been for decade - it's not what he thinks it is, or anything like it in fact.

wolvored

We won 13 premierships in Fergie's reign which gave us more right to gloat than them, with only one premiership.
Sad fact is those fdays are disappearing like Liverpools 15 year reign at the top in the 70s 80s. They have won Ch Lge and PL in last 3 years while we have won feck all. We used to call them deluded living in the past.