I see the 'ABU' Media are back in full voice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcow

When you've had 36 penalties given in a season and a half.? Correct me if stat is wrong...

Then you see soft Pogba penalty and Maguire able to rugby tackle with impunity in game v Chelsea.

Not surprising Oppo fans look at Utd and go, WTF, ABU please :lol:

Yes Drogba was offside in that game, Cole was also offside in the 3 1 win at OT in 2005. Pretty sure Chicarito scored about 10 offside goals v Chelsea, or maybe I just feel like it was that many.
No, it was just the one. But it's no surprise you have multiplied it by 10.

Drainy

Yep once a team has reached their allocated quota of penalties then the opposition should be able to foul as many times as they like in the penalty area otherwise the referees are biased.

Nothing to do with having pacy skillful players at all.

El Zoido

When you've had 36 penalties given in a season and a half.? Correct me if stat is wrong...

Then you see soft Pogba penalty and Maguire able to rugby tackle with impunity in game v Chelsea.

Yes Drogba was offside in that game, Cole was also offside in the 3 1 win at OT in 2005. Pretty sure Chicarito scored about 10 offside goals v Chelsea, or maybe I just feel like it was that many.
It doesn’t matter how many are given, the decisions are almost all correct. We’ve had more not given that we should have had, than soft ones we did get. Should be more than 36 really. When you have skilful players in the box with the ball at your feet, fouls will happen. Martial, Rashford, Pogba, all excellent on the ball and hard to tackle legitimately. VAR is looking at these and will overturn them if they’re wrong.

Now looking at the Villa game, where’s the mention of the penalty Pogba should have had in the first half when Mings elbowed him in the face while getting nowhere near the ball? I guarantee that if Maguire had elbowed McGinn like that, then Grealish had won the penalty for Villa in the same way that Pogba did for us, nobody would question it, and instead these two clowns would be telling us how Villa were hard done to because Maguire got away with poleaxing someone. Sky would have replayed it 50 times before half time and it’s all anyone would talk about. Instead the media is complaining about us getting another clear and obvious penalty.

crossy1686

career ending
They hate us, that's a fact, you see that every day in every outlet.

The issue is they wrote Solskjaer off the minute he took over so they have to double down now otherwise they look like they don't actually know what they're talking about, he'll never get credit even if he wins something, it will be the players and how much money he's spent instead. Plus, United being shit has made them more money than United being good ever did. The world and his wife want to read about United being in turmoil and on the path to relegation.

crossy1686

career ending

If only we had some kind of video refereeing system where a clear and obvious error by the referee could be spotted and overturned when a penalty is given by mistake or not given.

Tallis

I guess the number of penalties is going to be the next excuse for why Fat Frank and Master Tactician Arteta finish below Man Utd this season ? Otherwise all the BS they have tried to peddle over the last 12-18 months is going to be exposed for what it is.

BTW this season we are at 6 penalties which is 4 behind Leicester and 1 ahead of Chelsea and Liverpool.

diarm

Yep once a team has reached their allocated quota of penalties then the opposition should be able to foul as many times as they like in the penalty area otherwise the referees are biased.

Nothing to do with having pacy skillful players at all.
It's also a biproduct of our lack of width.

Our forwards all prefer to play intricate one touch passes or tight dribbles in narrow attacking areas of the field. Such play will inevitably attract more fouls in the box than sides who look to exploit space behind fullbacks in the wider areas.

Galinha

I don't get why every media is surprised about all the penalties. We have a team with a lot of quick footed players, who loves to go inside the box. With VAR there is a big chance of hitting the leg instead of the ball against Bruno, Martial, Rashford and sometimes Pogba when he gets there.

matt23

It's no wonder we couldn't afford Sancho when the Glazer's have been lining the FA's pockets for the last two seasons.

DavidDeSchmikes

Surely if you attack more, the chances of getting a penalty increases.
And Keys says 20 out of 33 are not penalties, but doesn't provide evidence

Jaxa

But this is then the problem, 95% of our penalties are penalties if people actually watch them, surely it's a compliment on our attack if we are fouled so much in the box, and if I could be bothered I could watch every Chelsea, Liverpool, City , Spurs etc penalty awarded this season and last season and find the same margin of soft penalties awarded to us that were also awarded to rival teams too,

it's as if you all just think every penalty given to us shouldn't be allowed but when it's anyone else it's never brought to attention so no one knows or cares about it ,

Chelsea have had 1 less penalty awarded compared to us this season in the PL but Jorginho has only scored 3 of those, Leicester have had 4 more penalties than any other team this season after 16 games ! Thats only 4 less than we had in the total of last season in the league after 38 games where the footballing world were out with their pitch forks but wheres the same energy for Leicester ? Liverpool have won 2 or 3 games this season with match winning penalties but haven't heard a peep about that,

Stop believing everything you read on clickbait bs media outlets and either watch the games and see the penalties or don't comment on it at all because it's the blind leading the blind,

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We haven't even done/achieved anything yet and they, pundits, are losing their marbles over us. :lol:

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain

Same cheslea game United were denied a pen too by the way.

Denis' cuff

There was a penalty shout after he went down in the box as there was a slight tug on his shirt by the defender.

He handled the ball on the deck and for some reason Gomes assumed he'd been given a free-kick so placed the ball in the box and took a few steps back.

Nani realised the ref hadn't given a free, so he got up ran over to the ball, looked at the ref, who waved him on and kicked it into the goal.

What made it worse for Spurs was that after the ball went in, the linesman raised his flag to indicate it should have been a free-kick to spurs but the ref ignored him.
Nani did absolutely nothing wrong but carried on and played to the whistle. Spurs goalie goofed and didn’t play to the whistle. Wtf is wrong with you? There was even an acceptance in the media that it was all above board and in case you haven’t noticed, thats a bit of a rarity where United are concerned.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Exactly.

The more you attack, combined with electric-fast strikers who have a penchant for trickery - of which Martial, Rashford and Greenwood possess in abundance - the more penalties you will receive. It's only logical.

Amarsdd

Everyone who wants to bring up penalties says since the start of last season. Why not talk about this season? Ofcourse, cause we have only one more pen than Liverpool, Chelsea and the likes and 4 less than Leicester.

And also you can look at the coverage of our last three wins in the PL. I saw more praise for the teams we beat than us.

RUCK4444

It’s like we should apologise for getting penalties!?

Here’s an idea, maybe the opposition should stop fouling our attackers in the box.

With VAR they are all verified as actual penalties anyway. We must be doing something right in the opposition box forcing them into fouls.

The Pogba penalty is NOT a soft penalty ffs. It’s a feckin stone wall pen. :lol:

SuperiorXI

This is great news for us, Solskjær can create a seige mentality very easily under these conditions. It is so clear to see that barely anyone is giving United any respect.

DavidDeSchmikes

Anthony and Marcus "serial offenders" and is "surprised" that Bruno hasn't won more. So. He's accusing all 3 of them of diving.

Withnail

Nani did absolutely nothing wrong but carried on and played to the whistle. Spurs goalie goofed and didn’t play to the whistle. Wtf is wrong with you? There was even an acceptance in the media that it was all above board and in case you haven’t noticed, thats a bit of a rarity where United are concerned.
Yeah I know Nani didn't do anything wrong and never said he did. I just told the other poster what occurred in the video. What's your problem?

Denis' cuff

fecking hell. Where do you start with this shite?

Leaving the rest of the drivel aside, Drogba was a fecking mile offside and right under the linos nose. Regardless of other incidents, it put the renters right In the driving seat in a tight game. As bad a decision as I’ve seen in any shifty 70s European game.

the nerve of you lot of corrupt cnuts only 2nd to City. Yoyo club like Sunderland until the lottery win.

no matter about the animosity and rivalry, it’ll be G2c two proper genuine clubs, there on their own merit contesting a title. Us and the dippers, light years bigger than the rest. Obvs would love to beat them probably more than any other and I’m sure the feeling is mutual. But at least I respect the rivalry, not some two-bit bunch of arrogant lottery winners. Oddly enough, Danny Murphy said more or less the same today.

sugar_kane

Everywhere i seem to look right now there is a media outlet taking a pop at United either from this ridiculous only united get penalties angle or how we are just lucky to be joint top of the table !?

What baffles me is when it comes to us, any rival fan or media outlet either ignore stats, they create blatant lies articles, all logic just goes out the window because they are so desperate to have a go at us.

What it does show is we truly are worrying the football world enough for them to see us potentially lift a title either this year or next

Look at those two twats below discussing our "controversial" penalty or Goal with these two polar opposite posts to a player scoring a penalty, one portrays Bruno as basically the bad guy getting a penalty again where english rose captain kane is celebrated ! Ridiculous.

I can't think of any other club to get this treatment.

fecking hell, that Kane/Bruno cartoon looks like something in a poster on the streets of Munich circa 1933

I think while there are definitely some ABUs out there, they’re mainly the thick dinosaurs like Keys or just banter clowns like whoever runs that Goal.com Twitter account (or as someone said upthread, football geniuses like the Guardian’s Jonathan Wilson* now needing to “double down” or just suddenly avoid writing about United entirely to avoid looking stupid or hypocritical)

Overall there seems to be a subtle shift towards giving United more credit, even if it’s said with a bitter taste in their months (and laced with passive aggressive references to penalties etc)

The problem is our own lot don’t stick up for us enough in the face of it.

*I note he’s now subtly shifting his narrative to “this is the weirdest season ever” in case his worst nightmare of Solskjaer winning us the league comes true, so he can just write it off as symptomatic of a season which makes no sense

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't see why this is a thing in VAR era. Before when there was no video check I guess soft pens or wrong decisions could play a part in grand scheme, but this days it looks like questioning referees.

I guess it's clickbait journalism just to engage opposition fans. Couldn't care less what they think.

lysglimt

Scout
I have looked at every penalty United have received in the league over the last 18 months - and I have found 2 penalties I feel were incorrect - James against Norwich and Bruno against Villa (that one was wrong - no doubt about it)

4-5 were penalties but soft, the remaining 10-11 were penalties - no doubt about it, so I have no idea where Keys get his numbers from

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Has he said that? You can’t say that without providing the evidence....the only one I can think of that probably was t was the Bruno one against Villa

Giggsyking

So Chelsea 5 penalties and united 6 this season, but united are 2nd because of penalties?

Giggsyking

If only we had some kind of video refereeing system where a clear and obvious error by the referee could be spotted and overturned when a penalty is given by mistake or not given.
:lol:
Its rigged, did not you hear of ragspiracy?

Offsideagain

14 penalties last season, three more than Raheem Sterling, sorry I mean Manchester City who always ‘win’ their penalties where as we somehow are favoured by the referees in the eyes of the ABU’s. 6 this season, 4 behind Jamie Vardy, sorry again, Leicester City. When we score a deflected goal it’s lucky, when we concede a deflected goal it’s the defenders fault like Tuanzebe the other week. After supporting United for over 60 years, this is nothing new, we are big news not some no-mark billionaires plaything, so the media know it will sell papers or get people watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.