I see the 'ABU' Media are back in full voice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

always_hoping

Richard Keys and Craig Burnley are two clueless idiots with a lot of hate for Man United.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Imo it was really minimal contact and pogba went down like a sack of potatoes.
Minimal contact, sure, but contact either way and enough to send Pogba to the dirt. The defender pulling and Pogba's shoulders probably didn't help his case too much.

Do you disagree it was a penalty?

brzez

22 penalties last season, and Football365 have analyzed them all. They claim that 5 of the 22 shouldn't been awarded.

Manchester United 1-0 Leicester
Norwich 1-3 Manchester United
Chelsea 1-2 Manchester United
Manchester United 2-1 Tottenham
Aston Villa 0-3 Manchester United

I think the one against Leiceister is stonewall and that one against Chelsea was soft, but still a penalty. So if we think that 3 of 22 last wasn't penalties, that means that 13,64 per cent of our penalties last season shouldn't been awarded.

We've had 11 penalties this season, and I think that the one against Newcastle and Leipzig shouldn't been awarded. But the rest of them are pretty much stonewall.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It was a stonewall penalty, there would be no debate if it was given the other way. Far more dubious penalties are given each and every week.
Or not given in many cases. Tyrone Mings' borderline assault on Maguire that was neither awarded as a penalty nor challenged by VAR, for example.

man united 4eva

Leicester City have had 10 penalties in the Premier League this season... Vardy has scored 6 out of 7 pens.. Youri Tielemans has scored 2 out of 2... Kelechi Iheanacho has scored 0 out of 1..

Hammondo

It was a stonewall penalty, there would be no debate if it was given the other way. Far more dubious penalties are given each and every week.
Fair enough, maybe my memory is wrong.

Hammondo

Minimal contact, sure, but contact either way and enough to send Pogba to the dirt. The defender pulling and Pogba's shoulders probably didn't help his case too much.

I'm not sure either way, I didn't watch the pundits talk about it or show the clips. Only saw it in real time.

Tallis

I can’t wait for the creative excuses the espn crew including Burley are going to give for the shambles of a performance against City in contrast to the crap they gave to Ole after the 0-0 vs City.

Lentwood

All VAR does is prove my theory that Utd never got enough penalties before VAR

Years and years of referees getting abused for giving us penalties (especially at OT) undoubtedly made them less willing to give the 50:50 one’s

Coleyoscar

Years and years of referees getting abused for giving us penalties (especially at OT) undoubtedly made them less willing to give the 50:50 one’s
This is so true. Referees with a split second decision to make, in the pre-VAR era, knew that an award to United would be closely scrutinised whereas dismissing the award would be unexamined and quickly forgotten. VAR means they know the decision will be scrutinised either way.

This was unconscious bias in most cases on behalf of the referees. Media bias, on the other hand, is often very obvious, very deliberate and not without consequences.

GazTheLegend

Agree!

Cristiano Ronaldo used to get hacked to pieces in the box for us and we got nothing and usually the replay would show an absolute stonewaller, while the commentators silently sort of just..... Watched and forgot to bother commentating. It made me livid at the time, we really were hated by everyone so who can blame the referees for being a bit afraid of getting the dogs abuse they got every time we got even a 60/40 decision?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

I think VAR has given us more penalties than usual because the natural narrative would be to not give United anything. VAR has taken some of the instinctual refereeing out of the game, and it's better for it.

Realistically, when we see how far people in position with power is willing to go to create a discrepancy between reality and perception rooted in opposition fan-bias. When you have pundits trying to create a unfair advantage towards United by putting every penalty decision under the microscope while ignoring every other context or relative information towards the claim that somehow we're given an advantage by getting undeserved penalties. It's bitterness masquerading as truth, but the fact is these types of narratives have an effect on the game.

The abu-media is real, and truth be told we have to accept that if we're not going to feck ourselves. Watch the video where Vardy tricks the ref into giving a penalty by first committing a foul and then diving. Everyone who has watched football can agree that what Vardy did isn't something that should be credited, but yet the narrative is so deeply rooted in anti-united bias that perception tells the narrator that Vardy did the right thing and that Rafael is rash. You have fans of Man Utd who actually believe that because they say so, and then you have all the other rival fans knowingly just laughing because it's United and even a wrong call is "deserved". 'Nothing good should happen to Man Utd', and if you think about that phrase while people talk and a red light flashes in front of you, you know the deal.

Fitchett

This is so true. Referees with a split second decision to make, in the pre-VAR era, knew that an award to United would be closely scrutinised whereas dismissing the award would be unexamined and quickly forgotten. VAR means they know the decision will be scrutinised either way.

This was unconscious bias in most cases on behalf of the referees. Media bias, on the other hand, is often very obvious, very deliberate and not without consequences.
Absolutely spot on. The great British media were the root cause of the ABU bias.

Plus, they are so p*ssed off at Ole doing well as United manager. None of them ever saw him getting appointed in the first place, they are still seething at getting all their managerial predictions wrong when Mourinho was sacked.

United58

Let the tears flow when we (hopefully) batter Livershite in a victorious title chase :devil:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Just look at the difference in commentary by the same journalist in the cases of Ole and 'Frank.' Joke really.

SecondFig

For me it was a penalty, but it was the kind of penalty that I'd be pissed off with if it was given against us. So I can see why some pundits were critical of it, even though I think it was the correct decision.

What does baffle me is the complete lack of attention any pundits or journalists gave to Mings smashing into Pogba

pav1790

Just look at the difference in commentary by the same journalist in the cases of Ole and 'Frank.' Joke really.
What a knob! How can you be this inconsistent? Unless it’s that franks English In which case it’s quite obvious.

Dante

Average bang

And yet there's a massive fecking thread about pundits supposedly being too kind to Ole.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/pundits-refusal-to-criticise-ole.459432/

The truth is that the media represent every point of view, and people just get triggered by one more than the other because, as an audience, they often have their own agendas.

Winrar

After years of opposition fans feeling sympathetic for us while we beleaguered under Moyes, LVG, and Mourinho, I for one welcome the increasing ABU sentiments.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

I think VAR has given us more penalties than usual because the natural narrative would be to not give United anything. VAR has taken some of the instinctual refereeing out of the game, and it's better for it.

Realistically, when we see how far people in position with power is willing to go to create a discrepancy between reality and perception rooted in opposition fan-bias. When you have pundits trying to create a unfair advantage towards United by putting every penalty decision under the microscope while ignoring every other context or relative information towards the claim that somehow we're given an advantage by getting undeserved penalties. It's bitterness masquerading as truth, but the fact is these types of narratives have an effect on the game.

The abu-media is real, and truth be told we have to accept that if we're not going to feck ourselves. Watch the video where Vardy tricks the ref into giving a penalty by first committing a foul and then diving. Everyone who has watched football can agree that what Vardy did isn't something that should be credited, but yet the narrative is so deeply rooted in anti-united bias that perception tells the narrator that Vardy did the right thing and that Rafael is rash. You have fans of Man Utd who actually believe that because they say so, and then you have all the other rival fans knowingly just laughing because it's United and even a wrong call is "deserved". 'Nothing good should happen to Man Utd', and if you think about that phrase while people talk and a red light flashes in front of you, you know the deal.
Crazy emotion from Wayne Rooney after cambiasso scores

Number32

Yep, Shame Mark Clattenburg out there just wanted to change the "pro-united" reff narratives by ABU media.
Their 1st goal was questionable (VAR would spot the ball was out before Albrighton's cross)
Vardy was diving to get a pen for their 2nd (VAR would overruled the decision)
Vardy was handball before Cambiaso's goal
Mata was pushed for their 4th

Our defense were shocking that day, but the officials were disgusting and no body talks about it. They even consider that game as one of greatest comeback in PL history.

klayton88

That penalty still really angers me. Up there with the Nani red card vs Real. Would VAR overrule that? Very rarely will VAR overrule the refs decision. How Vardy can look right at Rafa before hitting him with that force then go down to next to no contact is a joke.

RedDevil@84

That penalty still really angers me. Up there with the Nani red card vs Real. Would VAR overrule that? Very rarely will VAR overrule the refs decision. How Vardy can look right at Rafa before hitting him with that force then go down to next to no contact is a joke.
Because he knew Clattenburg will buy it for sure.

midnightmare

Burley and Nicol are stealing a living. Nicol is barley audible these days he sounds more like Rab C Nesbitt on a bender.
Richard Keys and Craig Burnley are two clueless idiots with a lot of hate for Man United.
Every time you see Burley lose his s**t about us, look up his Wikipedia entry and you'll get a right royal guffaw out of it. The section on his club career is short - and dominated by the following text:

He went on to become a regular under Glenn Hoddle and played in the 1994 FA Cup Final against Manchester United, picking up a runners-up medal following a 4–0 defeat. Two years later, Chelsea got to the FA Cup semi finals where they again faced Manchester United. With the score level at 1–1, Burley hit an errant back pass to set up David Beckham for what proved to be the winning goal.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

United58

Every time you see Burley lose his s**t about us, look up his Wikipedia entry and you'll get a right royal guffaw out of it. The section on his club career is short - and dominated by the following text:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lord above, I guess some things really add up mentally over time :lol:

Denis' cuff

When you think, during Fergie’s time, the amount of time we spent in oppo penalty areas vs the pens we got awarded... I’m sure there were seasons where we got none in the PL and 2 or 3 were standard, whilst Liverpool frequently topped the pens awarded chart

I’ve quoted this before but Andre Mariner admitted, after questioning about ignoring a stonewaller for us, “I didn’t want to be star of the show on motd”. says it all. They’re terrified of being pulled apart by little cuntos like Jamesie fecking Redknapp and the rest of the cockney/Liverpool crew. Some (Atkinson, Dean, Moss, Schoolboy etc) just exercise their right to hate us, without question. Been farcical for years.

Withnail

When you think, during Fergie’s time, the amount of time we spent in oppo penalty areas vs the pens we got awarded... I’m sure there were seasons where we got none in the PL and 2 or 3 were standard, whilst Liverpool frequently topped the pens awarded chart

I’ve quoted this before but Andre Mariner admitted, after questioning about ignoring a stonewaller for us, “I didn’t want to be star of the show on motd”. says it all. They’re terrified of being pulled apart by little cuntos like Jamesie fecking Redknapp and the rest of the cockney/Liverpool crew. Some (Atkinson, Dean, Moss, Schoolboy etc) just exercise their right to hate us, without question. Been farcical for years.
There were a lot less penalties given in the 90s but yeah we were rarely near the top.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pre...eElfmeter/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/?saison_id=1995

Loon

:lol:
I don't bother with the written press much, but I bet Andy Dunn is getting stuck in.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It isn’t about the penalty...it’s this posters way of having a go at Pogba. Probably bitter that he won it. Sad.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I get so excited when we win a penalty, just to see the look at richard keys face.

Similarly, the best thing about us winning is that we get to see craig burley lose his shit. This week it was the 'they are only doing well because the league has been weak', when the topic was player of the season and not united related.

long may it continue!

Denis' cuff

I get so excited when we win a penalty, just to see the look at richard keys face.

Similarly, the best thing about us winning is that we get to see craig burley lose his shit. This week it was the 'they are only doing well because the league has been weak', when the topic was player of the season and not united related.

long may it continue!
Burley is an absolute attention seeking tool. Embarrassed for him every time. I don’t even remember him as a player.

Coleyoscar

And yet there's a massive fecking thread about pundits supposedly being too kind to Ole.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/pundits-refusal-to-criticise-ole.459432/

The truth is that the media represent every point of view, and people just get triggered by one more than the other because, as an audience, they often have their own agendas.
Not sure I agree that the media is representative of all views. I know for sure that in Ireland the football media are almost exclusively anti-United.

Our National Broadcaster, RTE is a good case in point. Despite the fact that more Irish internationals have played United than any other English or Scottish club they cannot manage to find a single ex-United player to act as a pundit. The station is full to the brim with ex-Liverpool players however. They employ Ronnie Whelan, Jim Beglin and Ray Houghton as co- commentators. Almost all of their studio pundits are Irish ex-internationals (only proviso that they did not play for United). They do employ one or two 'foreign' ex-players as pundits including Didi Hamman (!) and, some years ago the scrupulously balanced Graham Souness.

RTE is the living embodiment of "Anybody But United".

I think my fellow Irish Forum members will verify what I'm saying is true. It's paricularly bizarre given the huge support for United in Ireland of course.

acnumber9

Burley is an absolute attention seeking tool. Embarrassed for him every time. I don’t even remember him as a player.
The highlight of his career was setting up David Beckham for the winner in a cup semi final. Great pass too.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I'm not sure either way, I didn't watch the pundits talk about it or show the clips. Only saw it in real time.
Saw this just.... I thought penalty from angles on TV but think this shows defender step across Pogba and knock Pogba's left leg into his right?

(Don't recall TV showing this one?)

SER19

I think it's all the years of being pretty crap and being older now, but I actually love it. It used to make me quite angry and righteous. But its fecking hilarious now. Grown men purging their petty annoyances in main stream media. Long may it last

RashyForPM

People are utterly shitting themselves over us now. It feels like there is a real us against the world mentality now at this football club where us fans, players, staff and manager are one massive team against the entirety of the football world, just like when we were under Fergie. And you know what? I love it. This is an environment in which Manchester United thrives. It’s an environment where players like Bruno thrive. You can tell from his interviews that he loves being called a penalty merchant. He’s the first one to remind people that he scores a lot from the spot. For all I care, make all our goals for the rest of the season Bruno pens if it wins us the title. Pens are goals too. 21 in 21 has a good ring to it. Let’s hope it happens.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
22 penalties last season, and Football365 have analyzed them all. They claim that 5 of the 22 shouldn't been awarded.

Manchester United 1-0 Leicester
Norwich 1-3 Manchester United
Chelsea 1-2 Manchester United
Manchester United 2-1 Tottenham
Aston Villa 0-3 Manchester United

I think the one against Leiceister is stonewall and that one against Chelsea was soft, but still a penalty. So if we think that 3 of 22 last wasn't penalties, that means that 13,64 per cent of our penalties last season shouldn't been awarded.

We've had 11 penalties this season, and I think that the one against Newcastle and Leipzig shouldn't been awarded. But the rest of them are pretty much stonewall.
Even the spurs one was a pen last seasn. A bit soft but Pen nonetheless.

Only Norwich and Villa had a right to cry last year for them getting punished for what wasnt a pen

Hammondo

Saw this just.... I thought penalty from angles on TV but think this shows defender step across Pogba and knock Pogba's left leg into his right?

(Don't recall TV showing this one?)

It looks like a foul but it also looks like a breeze could knock down pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.