I see the 'ABU' Media are back in full voice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northstand

Did anyone else groan a little when Sky put up their little graphic showing the comparative valuations of the Burnley and United squads? I have literally never seen this information presented during a match before; not even when Marine played Spurs at the weekend.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Did anyone else groan a little when Sky put up their little graphic showing the comparative valuations of the Burnley and United squads? I have literally never seen this information presented during a match before; not even when Marine played Spurs at the weekend.
I've seen it done for games we've played before, but not all that recently. I can't remember seeing it when other big sides play the likes of Burnley.

Crustanoid

BBC have been covering last nights win all morning by mentioning we are top of the league for 2-3 seconds then talking for the entire rest of the slot about how hugging after the goal goes against social distancing rules.

EDIT that’s despite all the other PL games involving hugging after goals, which goes under the radar mysteriously

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
And Gary Neville (aka 'Dead to me') made some comment about one of our players costing as much as the Burnley XI.

Baxter

BBC have been covering last nights win all morning by mentioning we are top of the league for 2-3 seconds then talking for the entire rest of the slot about how hugging after the goal goes against social distancing rules.

EDIT that’s despite all the other PL games involving hugging after goals, which goes under the radar mysteriously
The celebration complaints are odd. I hadn’t seen much of that before this week. It may be different for lower league players but it surely doesn’t really matter for top division players? They’re in their ‘elite sport bubbles’ or whatever they call it now.

lysglimt

Scout
What I don't understand is how Klopp can escape criticism after what Liverpool have done over the last 10 months

Until the game against Watford - they had 25 wins 1 draw (64-17 goal- which were the most impressive results in modern English football.

But after that - 6-2-3 (21-16) and 9-6-2 (37-21) - 15 wins in 28 - hardly impressive when you have the best team in the league

They have gone from 76 Points in 26 matches to 53 Points in 28 matches. They have scored 6 goals less in 2 matches more, and from 17 goals against to 37 goals against.

They are basically picking up 1 Point pr match less than they were 1 year ago - they are scoring on average almost 0.5 goal less and allow their opponent to score 1 goal more each game.

Judas

Open to offers
Sorry if it goes against the narrative, but I think the media are very much excited by us doing well, and seem to be loving it. Maybe because it's setup the game on Sunday brilliantly well, and it'll change if we win, but right now? They seem to be enjoying Ole putting us top and in the title race.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sorry if it goes against the narrative, but I think the media are very much excited by us doing well, and seem to be loving it. Maybe because it's setup the game on Sunday brilliantly well, and it'll change if we win, but right now? They seem to be enjoying Ole putting us top and in the title race.
Agreed. We agree quite a lot now I think of it....can't wait for the Sancho train to start up again :drool:

Fluctuation0161

I'd like to know when they have done that before. Did they cover the Burnley-City game?

RedorDead21

I just love watching pundits like Merson and redknapp have to change their nonsense oversights from one polar stance to the opposite. Carragher saying to Keane “so you think Ole is the one”... well he at least needs the same time klopp and better managers got.

Falcow

Him saying that Shaw missed the ball and deserved to be sent off when he clearly touched the ball was the one that got me last night.
The maguire handball one really annoyed me. As soon as he seen the replay is was 'hmmmmm'. feck off....it was nowhere near a pen. Yet when he seen the replay of their handball he didnt say a word.....very annoying.

Acole9

Outstanding
No, if anything I found it quite interesting. Don't see what they've done wrong here.

Tallis

The clowns on ESPN are claiming that Luke Shaw should have been a red card and not a peep about the Maguire header.

SuperiorXI

The clowns on ESPN are claiming that Luke Shaw should have been a red card and not a peep about the Maguire header.
Idiots who must have never played a game of football in their lives.

Being honest, 99% of fans watching that live, none of them would have said the Shaw tackle was a red watching in real time. It's only when you slow it down and look at it from every angle could it even be considered a yellow, never mind a red.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
My YouTube is full of people talking about about us being title contenders.

The only exception is ESPN which is generally an anti-United sports panel.

tomaldinho1

I think there's a lot to be said for not reading into a lot of the stuff being cited in here as ABU. Not everything is against us and I actually think a lot of people are rooting for us.
  • Sky showing squad values is just facts, if you as a United fan don't want to accept that we have spent huge sums on players then you don't live in reality. I doubt City or Liverpool fans care they have spent big, difference is solely in silverware.
  • Pundits saying Shaw should have seen red. I disagree and yellow was fair but it's hardly crazy - he gets the ball and then his follow through is really bad, its studs up into the ankle/calf and off the floor. Unintentional and he wins the ball but we would likely have a large section of fans wanting someone sent off for that if it was reversed.
  • BBC not giving us 'enough' coverage being top of the league... it's January & I have no problem with them reminding people social distancing is important.
  • Goal news article. Awfully biased but we should promote the shit out of that because, by the article's logic, it renders Liverpool's only title in yonks obsolete. In seriousness though this one is shamefully ABU.

RUCK4444

The press are praising us (to an extent) at the moment, they want to build us up so they can bring us back down to earth if it goes wrong.

Can't stand the media.

Zen86

I did. I don't watch the scousers enough to know either way, but I'd be surprised if these little graphics pop up in their games :rolleyes:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I just love watching pundits like Merson and redknapp have to change their nonsense oversights from one polar stance to the opposite. Carragher saying to Keane “so you think Ole is the one”... well he at least needs the same time klopp and better managers got.
It took Klopp 4 years to get to this point, many people seem to forget that.

Ole is making great strides with a less than perfect team. In 2 years time we should be strong Europe consistently again too I hope.

EvilChuck

The press are praising us (to an extent) at the moment, they want to build us up so they can bring us back down to earth if it goes wrong.

Can't stand the media.
A bit like the 06/07 season when Rooney and Ronaldo started the season on fire, and we were a breath of fresh air compared to the tyranny of Chelsea.... then we won 3 in a row and went back to our rightful place as most hated team in the league.

RUCK4444

A bit like the 06/07 season when Rooney and Ronaldo started the season on fire, and we were a breath of fresh air compared to the tyranny of Chelsea.... then we won 3 in a row and went back to our rightful place as most hated team in the league.
Yeah exactly. Their full of shite.

Rolaholic

I wish someone would punch Craig Burley.
I feel the same anytime I see the host, Dan Thomas, on the screen :lol:

The others have their biases due to their past clubs which I get but he's a special type of annoying and I'm not sure how the other panelists stand him at all.

Hughie77

Nor me I thought it was odd, filling time or something, then camera went on DVB and said as much has he cost! What it was all about I dont know , never seen it in a City game !

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I agree, it’s adds some excitement, if we lost and then lost Sunday and Liverpool started to run away with it then it wouldn’t be nearly as marketable. At the same time however it’s a great opportunity to give united a kicking to get those sweet sweet clicks.

Foxbatt

I feel the same anytime I see the host, Dan Thomas, on the screen :lol:

The others have their biases due to their past clubs which I get but he's a special type of annoying and I'm not sure how the other panelists stand him at all.
It's funny to see the argument between Steve Nichol and Shaka on the Shaw incident. Never thought a dipper would stand for us.

Fluctuation0161

I think there's a lot to be said for not reading into a lot of the stuff being cited in here as ABU. Not everything is against us and I actually think a lot of people are rooting for us.
  • Sky showing squad values is just facts, if you as a United fan don't want to accept that we have spent huge sums on players then you don't live in reality. I doubt City or Liverpool fans care they have spent big, difference is solely in silverware..
Regarding this, it is only measurable if you know how many times they have done that before for other clubs. Have they done that with City this season? Or Liverpool?

If they have then fair enough, but I haven't seen it.

tomaldinho1

Regarding this, it is only measurable if you know how many times they have done that before for other clubs. Have they done that with City this season? Or Liverpool?

If they have then fair enough, but I haven't seen it.
I guess we need some City or Pool fans to pipe up here as I don't watch any pre match coverage for them unless it's against us. I do remember Sky articles from previous season's outing Liverpool as biggest spenders on agent fees but you're right - if after the season ends it's only us they have compared in that way, then it is biased.

NotThatSoph

I'm yet to see another example of Sky doing that. Can anyone share?
I don't keep a record, and I don't watch Sky in particular, but I've seen this at least 100 times over the years. It's also extremely common for commertators to mention suff like that.

Acole9

Outstanding
What was the relevance of it?

Are we to see that everytime Burnley play one of the top sides? I doubt it.
Just to do a comparison? Perhaps praising Burnley for holding their own for most the match when one of our subs is the price of their whole starting 11.

I don't really know why people are getting so uptight about it. They probably have done it in other matches but we've not picked up on it because it's not our team.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
To give them some leeway maybe they just knew burnley were going to play shit god awful football and wanted to prepare the audience by showing the cost difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.