I see the 'ABU' Media are back in full voice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hughie77

I’ve said on here a thousand times he’s a Liverpool fan masking himself as a Norwich fan. Rio knows it, and keeps calling him out. He is an embarassment.
Hes a Norwich fan when there in the premier and a scum fan when there not. I know loads of them. Where Iam there all for last 2 seasons been scum fans , before that they had season tickets for Swansea City. My mrs is a Swansea fan and followed all there games, so I get to know quite a bit about them, so I ask them how they think the Swans are doing they dont even know that most of there premier league players had been sold. Fans my backside.

Hughie77

Maybe they felt the red card was harsh but since there was contact they can't outright book him for diving.
No, but wouldn't it be nice to get James's yellow cards for simulation rescinded, as everyone hes had the replays show hes been caught and not booked, theres not much been mentioned about that.

Fitchett

Stepping back and judging Ole without my red-tinted specs, what is it about our Norwegian manager that gets under the skin of so many pundits and journos out there ?
They seem to have genuine utter contempt for the guy.
I think it's because none of the so called "British football media experts " predicted his initial appointment when Mourinho was sacked. They're all p*ssed off because they all got their forecasts wrong, so they've spent the last two years trying to discredit his appointment at every opportunity, to justify why none of them predicted his appointment.

Ole has done a terrific job, he's turned round the destruction of his three predecessors, and reinstated the club culture we had under Fergie. On top of that, he's a really nice bloke, represents the club well in public, so he doesn't deserve the lack of respect given to him by many. Cardiff aside, he had a terrific managerial record with our reserves and Molde, winning league titles and cups.

United are on the way back, the ABU's know it and can't stand it :lol:

dev1l

Most of them have said too early that Ole wasn't the right man for Manchester United, and that he had nothing about him.

Now that he's proving them wrong, they can't hack it.

Same can be said for a lot of Manchester United 'supporters' around this neck of the woods.
True

032Devil

The anti United stance shown after the game last night and this morning by the media. We win 9-0, this has happened 3 times in nearly 30 years of the PL, yet any praise for our performance is overwritten by the interpretation of a VAR decision! You would think from the coverage that 9-0 score lines happen every week whilst poor refereeing decisions happen 3 times in 30 years!
According to the ex-referee expert they had on BTSport, it was a definite penalty.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Stepping back and judging Ole without my red-tinted specs, what is it about our Norwegian manager that gets under the skin of so many pundits and journos out there ?
Its a properly weird one.

Ole was never a controversial player. I can understand certain groups of fans disliking him, as they disliked every player who did well for us during the 90s when we were dominating. However, I can't remember Ole getting into it with any particular members of the press. Maybe there's stuff that happened at Cardiff we don't know about? Cos a lot of them go for him any time we have a setback.

If it was Keane or Red Nev, players who were vocal and seen as chippy by opposition fans I could start to understand it. But Ole..? Its like there's a will to see him fail from so many. I just don't get it.

Zen86

Ole was never a controversial player. I can understand certain groups of fans disliking him, as they disliked every player who did well for us during the 90s when we were dominating. However, I can't remember Ole getting into it with any particular members of the press. Maybe there's stuff that happened at Cardiff we don't know about? Cos a lot of them go for him any time we have a setback.

If it was Keane or Red Nev, players who were vocal and seen as chippy by opposition fans I could start to understand it. But Ole..? Its like there's a will to see him fail from so many. I just don't get it.
I think criticising United is a quick way to get some attention, and Ole is easy game with his relative inexperience at the top and our historically patchy form. Unlike Lampard, I doubt he has many friends in the media to back him up.

Basically, people in the media are dickheads.

032Devil

Sacked 5 days later.

Mind you, Simon Jordan is an absolute cretin who loves the sound of his own voice despite sounding like an absolute cretin.
What is Simon Jordan's belief based on? Nothing. Both experienced top players; Lampard bought what, half-a-dozen good and expensive players last summer while United didn't buy a single player Solkjear wanted yet United reached top of the table (for which nobody is giving him credit), and Lampard is sacked.

If you have a belief then you have to justify it with facts. But the Talksport presenter didn't probe him on that.

Last edited:

nainaisson

If Ole wanted unconditional support of the English punditry, his people shouldn't haven't spent 200 years raping and pillaging the poor, defenseless people of the British Isles. As the saying goes, "You've made your bed, now lie in it."

032Devil

Maybe because he's a foreigner and Lampard is English?

032Devil

If Ole wanted unconditional support of the English punditry, his people shouldn't haven't spent 200 years raping and pillaging the poor, defenseless people of the British Isles. As the saying goes, "You've made your bed, now lie in it."
And of course, nothing like how we raped and pillaged our own people for 1000's of years. Besides, all Brits are foreigners. Originally.

Last edited:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
What is Simon Jordan's belief based on? Nothing. Both experienced top players; Lampard bought what, half-a-dozen good and expensive players last summer while United didn't buy a single player Solkjear wanted yet United reached top of the table (for which nobody is giving him credit), and Lampard is sacked.

If you have a belief then you have to justify it with facts. But the Talksport presenter didn't probe him on that.
Jordan is a Talksport presenter and prize cnut, to boot!

Andy_Cole

You what?

GazTheLegend

Ole got the most stick from the media when he was getting the most stick from Utd fans. I don't really feel there's an agenda against him.
There is absolutely an agenda against him. 100%. When he had his bad spells they spent 12 hours a day telling the world he needs sacking and deciding who to hire. When he has his good spells? Its var and the referees doing us a favour. Compare the coverage of Mikel Arteta's spell at Arsenal and it's plain to see.

Ole being successful makes a lot of pundits look VERY silly, it's a bit like the agenda merchants on redcafe at times. The more success he has, the more stupid they look, so they simply don't even bother to talk about him any more. (The pundits, that is.)

briansy

I don't know how unhealthy one's obsession has to be with your team or football to conclude that the media has a "vendetta" against your club. It's just utter nonsense. Everyone has their team and all of those clubs has a portion of fans who think the media, refs, pundits etc etc are out to get them.

wolvored

I don't know how unhealthy one's obsession has to be with your team or football to conclude that the media has a "vendetta" against your club. It's just utter nonsense. Everyone has their team and all of those clubs has a portion of fans who think the media, refs, pundits etc etc are out to get them.
Agreed. Utd are the biggest club in the country. they attract the most media. There are people in the punditry that are paid to say controversial things to make headlines. When we do well this gets stronger. The easiest way to make a name for yourelf in the media is to either have a talent or say controversial things. Get used to it. It means we are doing ok.

ReddBalls

I just think they can't bear the thought that a norwegian comes in and shows the eniglish people how to manage an elite team. Italians, germans, french folks, portugeezers, fair enough, but a fecking norwegian?

Tapori

I’ve said on here a thousand times he’s a Liverpool fan masking himself as a Norwich fan. Rio knows it, and keeps calling him out. He is an embarassment.
Jake Humphries is a classic case of work experience level lad perservering to attain a position he isn't competent to be in and is dangerously, but not there yet, levels of Tim Lovejoy Hanger-on-esque quality.
Phil Neville once said, much of success is simply turning up on time at the right time.
Sounds personal, but for him to improve, he should widen his knowledge and inquisitiveness.

Tapori

Can someone shoot Jonathan Wilson out of fu*king cannon into the sun, please?

I've never gotten into his arcane knowledge about some 1970s Hungarian team's fancy tactic they used which is now somehow relevant to today's game.

I'm sure some people get a kick out of his schtick, but having listened to him on various podcasts he's just a fuc*king geeky bore.

And his pieces on OGS this year are trash....probably should've just said that at the start really and left it at that.
Jonathan Wilson literally belongs in Private Eye's PsuedsCorner.
At least Barney Ronay has his lovey descriptive turn of phrase and humour.
Wilson, just seems like hipster 2.0 levels of obstinate stubborn intelligence

Tapori

Either this man is off the reserve of he's so desperate for social media interactions and engagements that he doesn't mind looking deranged.
The women at SSN that probably leaked the footage which was cringe-worthy of Keys and Gray trying to be one of the lads, have done all of UK football a glorious service.

RashyForPM

Comes with the course of being the biggest club in the country. That’s all there is to it. Only three clubs get hate no matter what happens - us, Madrid and Barca. Even a massive club like Bayern got endless praise after winning the treble last season. I guarantee you that if it was us, people would be saying ‘one season wonder’.

dev1l

Either this man is off the reserve of he's so desperate for social media interactions and engagements that he doesn't mind looking deranged.
Tbf he s an expert on the matter (cheating) :))

NFM

There is an article in the Telegraph today trying very very hard to get United in dock for the comments made by Shaw and Ole after the match. They were asked questions, they answered them honestly, so Man Utd should be punished because they didn't lie.
There is an article today in the Guardian which is a hatchet job on James. I really hope he doesn't read it or he has a tough skin. As well as slating James and trying to make fun of him, it refers to United as a 'failing institution'.
These are not 'football reports', they are malicious articles deliberately aimed at United's staff, the club and its standing.
It is typical of the standard of journalism today which seems to be based on 'hate' as much as anything else.

GueRed

the ABUs were in full force in the media today after yesterday's officiating.

pundits, presenters, press saying it wasnt a penalty and having a dig at the players and Ole. wankers

croadyman

Yeah and don't forget the Daily Fail's article on Ole's list of recent gripes

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Every draw we've suffered against another top 6 side this season has been roundly blamed on United - never the opposition.

Last time we played Arsenal, they had 5 players across their penalty area and another 4 within a yard of the edge of it every time we were in their half - but it was solely United who were to blame for it being a defensive game.

90 + 5min

It is all about being jealous.

I love that it is out there for everyone to see. There can’t be any doubt about ABU from lot of people.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The Guardian are generally very snobbish about us so them criticising us is practically a given whatever the circumstance.

Amarsdd

the ABU media is on full force today. The most annoying thing I've heard today was on talksport that Ole should not be complaining about the ref's wrong decision but should focus on getting more application from his players. How the feck does one relate to the other ffs!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

:lol:

Henderson said VAR bends the lines, Klopp, Jose, Lampard questioned the integrity of the refs (well not directly) but ManUtd should be punished.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Jordan's whole media personality is based on riding the coattails of the Ole outs. Even after positive results he gets at Ole.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Jordan's whole media personality is based on riding the coattails of the Ole outs. Even after positive results he gets at Ole.
The man is a fraud. He sees on twitter that we have a cult of Ole outers and he plays up to them.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Gotta laugh at the Talksport twitter having 1.4 million followers and the best that bait can muster up is 42 likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.