I see the 'ABU' Media are back in full voice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

Thank god we have ABU’s in the media. Otherwise you’d actually think we are doing alright :lol:

sugar_kane

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...jadon-sancho-not-cristiano-ronaldo-villarreal

Writing critical articles about United has probably become a bit too easy in the last couple of months, so pseuds like Jonathan Liew have turned to having a go at our fans singing songs about George Best? Tit.

Genuinely wonder if writers like this are even football fans or just academics who wanted to get into broadsheet journalism but weren't good enough to write on the big topics and had to settle for sport instead.

Bestietom

I wish someone would wipe the smile off Carragher's (Spit) face. There were people sacked from Sky for less than he done.
One Premiership in 30 years and they are looking down on everyone else. Fooking Dippers.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...jadon-sancho-not-cristiano-ronaldo-villarreal

Writing critical articles about United has probably become a bit too easy in the last couple of months, so pseuds like Jonathan Liew have turned to having a go at our fans singing songs about George Best? Tit.

Genuinely wonder if writers like this are even football fans or just academics who wanted to get into broadsheet journalism but weren't good enough to write on the big topics and had to settle for sport instead.
Jesus, that's a hack piece if ever I had the displeasure of reading one.

The fact that he states the Villarreal GK played the ball straight to Fred just highlights how much of the game he actually took in.
If you can't get the facts right, your words mean very little.
It's called a high press, I would have thought a journalist could tell the difference between a tackle and the ball being played to a United player, obviously not!!

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I wish someone would wipe the smile off Carragher's (Spit) face. There were people sacked from Sky for less than he done.
One Premiership in 30 years and they are looking down on everyone else. Fooking Dippers.
Sadly for us, they're top dog now along with City. After years of oppression under Fergie, its their turn in the limelight and our turn in the doldrums - i'd be giddy too if I were him.

Idxomer

He's pretentious but I don't think he was necessarily having a go at the fans, a bit of a nothing article really.

Bestietom

Sadly for us, they're top dog now along with City. After years of oppression under Fergie, its their turn in the limelight and our turn in the doldrums - i'd be giddy too if I were him.
We won 13 premierships in Fergie's reign which gave us more right to gloat than them, with only one premiership.

sugar_kane

He's pretentious but I don't think he was necessarily having a go at the fans, a bit of a nothing article really.
I'll be honest, I barely read past the George Best thing. I've read plenty of his articles before though, so know the drill.

The Best thing may seem innocuous but it fits the pattern of all the recent Guardian articles by the likes of Barney Ronay & Jonathan Wilson, and Liew's own - ie. United are a club who have become a tribute act to the past.

That may be the case, but Liew has got over eager here and shown his lack of understanding of football culture. Buying back Ronaldo or having Ole is one thing, but singing about club legends is part of our club's culture and has been for decade - it's not what he thinks it is, or anything like it in fact.

wolvored

We won 13 premierships in Fergie's reign which gave us more right to gloat than them, with only one premiership.
Sad fact is those fdays are disappearing like Liverpools 15 year reign at the top in the 70s 80s. They have won Ch Lge and PL in last 3 years while we have won feck all. We used to call them deluded living in the past.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

He's baaaaaaaaaaack :lol:

Chairman Steve

Carricks been part of two failed regimes. Hardly like he’s some wunderkind super coach that Ralf missed out on there.

Does Jordan know he operated under Solskjaer? Because Jordan was scathing but correct on his assessment on Solskjaer.

Or is Jordan doing it for them clicks? (Since he is working the radio equal of a red top newspaper)

GazTheLegend

Carricks been part of two failed regimes. Hardly like he’s some wunderkind super coach that Ralf missed out on there.

Does Jordan know he operated under Solskjaer? Because Jordan was scathing but correct on his assessment on Solskjaer.

Or is Jordan doing it for them clicks? (Since he is working the radio equal of a red top newspaper)
Everything you just wrote is correct.

Spark

Jordan (very) occasionally gets it right about club finances. But honestly, TalkSport are just the tabloid gutter press personified - hate everything they do 90% of the time, guilty pleasure for the other 10%.

To me it was absolutely clear that Carrick made this decision for totally fair enough personal reasons. Obviously he wasn't planning on leaving in December at the start of the season, but things happen that swiftly present opportunities and being able to chill out in a massive house with your family for a few months (at least I imagine) isn't exactly a tough sell. Especially off the back of an incredibly stressful period.

So funny hearing all these commentators talk about Rangnick as if they know him. Rob Green on the BBC yesterday explaining his character and what he'll definitely be doing with the team in the morning, having never met him/probably heard of him before November and based purely on watching him sit in the stands yesterday was a great example of the utter bollocks random pundits have been spouting since he was first linked to United.

GlasgowCeltic

You have to take everything Talksport say about Rangnick with a pinch of "I would've given the job to Steve Bruce"

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Id guess he has watched around 10mins highlights of Dortmund v Bayern his whole life. Thats about how much he knows about German football outside of watching German teams playing english ones in the CL.

sparx99

Wow, that’s a straw man argument right there. It couldn’t be that Carrick felt responsible for the form as a key part of Ole’s team? Or that after 15 years he really does need a fresh start? Or perhaps he doesn’t want to muddy the waters for the new coach? Or he knows the players want him out and only gave him effort cos they knew he was just caretaker.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Carrick has said plainly enough that he wants a break to spend more time with his family.

But even if we just ignore that and pretend there are lots of possible reasons, the least likely of them all is still that he wasn't "convinced of Rangnick's way of thinking".

Blatant shit stirring.

cyberman

Simon is wrong so many times but argues he wasn’t wrong in a contextual sense. He is a mouth plain and simple.
His rants against Rooney who ended up doing a great job at Derby is a particular low light

Hughie77

Jordan (very) occasionally gets it right about club finances. But honestly, TalkSport are just the tabloid gutter press personified - hate everything they do 90% of the time, guilty pleasure for the other 10%.

To me it was absolutely clear that Carrick made this decision for totally fair enough personal reasons. Obviously he wasn't planning on leaving in December at the start of the season, but things happen that swiftly present opportunities and being able to chill out in a massive house with your family for a few months (at least I imagine) isn't exactly a tough sell. Especially off the back of an incredibly stressful period.

So funny hearing all these commentators talk about Rangnick as if they know him. Rob Green on the BBC yesterday explaining his character and what he'll definitely be doing with the team in the morning, having never met him/probably heard of him before November and based purely on watching him sit in the stands yesterday was a great example of the utter bollocks random pundits have been spouting since he was first linked to United.
Agree, also had on Thursday morning fat Brazil saying nobody has spoken to Carrick? Questioned on it he kept on no no no Rangnick hasn't spoke to him? Now today Rangnick says he had a chat with him few days ago and tried to convince him to stay.
So Talkshite know more than those two . And that Green guy is a bute as well on BBC. He had a run in with Andy Grey years ago. I had Talkshite on Thursday on way home and the hasbeens were D bent on saying Arsenal win. Then you've got a mediocre ex Cricketer talking as if he had 100 caps for football. Patronising git he is.
Mcoist in morning is OK.

Hughie77

Yep Evra had a pop yesterday questioning Ronny. Saying stay in your lane, and he scored more goals than Carraghers appearances.

Real Name

So if Carrick stayed Jordan would say he should have left cause he was Ole's assistant.
What a grade A wanker.

SungSam7

Wont be long before they are begging for CL football when Klopp decides to leave.

cyberman

Wont be long before they are begging for CL football when Klopp decides to leave.
There’s no such thing as a joint top dog. They were second behind us for a few SAF seasons, doesn’t mean we were in tandem. They have 1 league title under Klopp, that’s not a top dog. They’re playing catch-up to City like the rest of the league are

RUCK4444

Why is this mouthy cnut even a voice on anything football related? Gob on legs that one.

As others pointed out, if Carrick stayed he would be the first to question that as well.

Shite ‘pundit’ for a shite radio show.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Carrick already made his mind up, he knew he was part of the problem and did the right thing in walking away. Rangnick is going to need every ounce of his experience and expertise because the vultures were circling before he even met the bloody squad. Doesn’t help when ex-players talk a load of bollocks without knowing anything about the guy, all these so called ‘experts’ can’t even be bothered to do a little research before opening their mouths and spout verbal vomit.

wolvored

Another thing that could have happened was perhaps RR told the old regime last week that the board wanted them to stay so they can be in the background, but the staff he brings in will be the main coaches and one assistant to him. Carrick maybe didnt want to take a step backwards so left. The fact he told RR 2 days ago, means it has been well thought out by him and not a kneejerk reaction.

Loon

:lol:
The best way to shut bellends like this up is to prove them wrong. We've been proving them right for too many years now.

SungSam7

There’s no such thing as a joint top dog. They were second behind us for a few SAF seasons, doesn’t mean we were in tandem. They have 1 league title under Klopp, that’s not a top dog. They’re playing catch-up to City like the rest of the league are
I get what you mean but there is a difference between trying to play catch up to City as Watford and catch up as United/Chelsea/Liverpool. If youre struggling to stay top 4, its embarrassing but for a team like Watford its inspiring.

For Liverpool its shows quality and they're being out done by limitless spending, that is there counter arguement. Ours is that we are run by money men and not football mem.

cyberman

I get what you mean but there is a difference between trying to play catch up to City as Watford and catch up as United/Chelsea/Liverpool. If youre struggling to stay top 4, its embarrassing but for a team like Watford its inspiring.

For Liverpool its shows quality and they're being out done by limitless spending, that is there counter arguement. Ours is that we are run by money men and not football mem.
I just think Liverpool are a bit too comfortable with pretending there’s a group of top teams instead of being behind City. I’ve never seen teams grouped together like this before. It’s still 1 league win under Klopp

Lentwood

Why is this mouthy cnut even a voice on anything football related? Gob on legs that one.

As others pointed out, if Carrick stayed he would be the first to question that as well.

Simon Jordan is another "lucky fool" who made some money and now thinks that must mean he's a super genius who sees the world on a higher plain than the rest of us.

Many rich people have this complex. See Alan Sugar and Donald Trump.

However, also do bear in mind TalkSport deliberately ask their presenters to offer ludicrous, illogical opinions to get people engaging

Valley Blue

Supports
Manchester City

I once had the great pleasure of kicking him out of The Valley boardroom, gob on a stick that man:)

justsomebloke

He and Barney Ronay just writes articles based around a single point, fleshed out by metaphors and formed into a coherent narrative. Lots of nice writing, but if you ask yourself what in the end does the point amount to, and to what extent has any actual arguments been employed, it often just evaporates. It's just elegant chatter really.

Status
Not open for further replies.